Fox TV Sports / score box off the screen

United States Review updated:

Fox sports has not corrected this error as of january 2012. I have been trying to find a way to contact them but have not found an address to contact them by a regular letter, phone or e-mail. Would writing to the fcc help? I have a 16:9 ration screen and a 4:3 tv and both only give me half the score. No problem with any other network. I am watching on dish network. Can some one help explain why they only want us to see half the score on either baseball or football?

Comments

• Ba
      Jan 16, 2012

My local affiliate Fox 59, Indianapolis tells me that they now format for 16X9 inch screens and if you have a smaller television, too bad.

• Sh
      Mar 11, 2012

I had this problem when I first got Dish. After sitting on hold for god knows how long finally a rep came on. There is a format button (same as * key) bottom left of numbers. Try that. Hope it helps ya out.

• Ca
      Sep 24, 2012
    Best Best Advice

Just watched the GreenBay - Seatle game; WHATS UP THE THE NFL OFFICIALS ? HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MINDS OR ARE THEY IN NEED OF A NEW OPTICAL PRESCRIPTION ??? WHAT THE H - IS GOING ON ????, We need some NEW PROFESSIONAL SIGHT SEEING OFFICIALS, who know what a GOOD call is all about. LOOKS like officials are getting paid on the side to make these blinded calls, gives football another bad name and its not because of the players this time !!!

• Pe
      Mar 30, 2013

The score box is off the screen I can, t really the other team score and also how many minutes to go during the rugby league season they should put it towards the middle of the screen I think that foxsports should do something straight away it.s ignoring quote a lot can you please get onto this ASAP please

• Mi
      Apr 08, 2013

Only the right hand half of the score box is visible.How can I remedy this?

• Sg
      Apr 14, 2013

I am appalled at the Fox Sport network for its handling of the NRA sponsorship of yesterdays NRA 500. The NRA like any other sponsor paid for a service they did not get. Its is improper for business to be slanted for political reasons. by not giving full coverage of the sponsor yesterday Fox showed its true colors. I have been a watcher of Fox for a long time because I thought they were fair and unbiased but apparently I was wrong. Just like NASCAR I have been a fan since the mid 60's and now I find that political correctness is the name of the game. Shame on both of these entities.

• Ti
      May 25, 2013

You want to know why NASCAR ratings are down. Get rid of the idiots you have in the booth. I am sick of the Waltrip brothers and their useless so-called news. They have no clue in calling a race or anything else and their bias is unheard of. I thought commentators were supposed to be neutral in all aspects. The only brains you have in dealing with racing is Mike Joy.
    Enough is enough. At least on the internet I can watch a race without having to mute it because of the lousy choice of commentators you have.

• Ok
      Oct 26, 2013

I was watching the Oklahoma/Texas Tech game, close game early in the forth quarter and Fox cut off the game to show the World Series. Who care about the World Series. I was into the football game and you just cut it off! I thought you had a contract with the Big 12 to show their games. Saturday is suppose to be college football day; you can show baseball anytime through the week. Just sucked big time!!!

• Tr
      Oct 27, 2013

"Who care about the World Series"

Wow.

So what is Fox supposed to do? Cut off the start of the World Series game in favor of a college ball game? Think about the millions of fans that would be pissed if Fox let that college game wrap up before joining the World Series already in progress.

• Gl
      Jun 21, 2014

As usual ... Fox Sport ignore the comments about the score box on the NRL being half off the screen, , typical arrogant attitude ., take the money but dont assist any problems...

• Ac
      Aug 08, 2014

Bears n Philly game picture is bad! All other stations are good! Fox chicago!!! Plz fix!

• Lv
      Oct 11, 2014

My husband and I are trying to watch the playoff game between San Francisco and St. Louis. All we are getting is the commentators reminisce about their years playing themselves instead of commentating on the game. This is very aggravating!!! Is there some way to shut them up!!!?

• Bc
      Oct 11, 2014

Re:Coverage of NCLS--way too much of talkers Why have a 32" screen if half is taken up with a box for yak yak. People at the game have huge screens (seen in the background of the left box). Why are TV viewers short-changed like this? Bad enough to play "Guess Which Channel" everyday.

• Vb
      Oct 19, 2014

Why would you switch from the Green Bay packer game to the Seattle game when there was 2 more quarters to go in the game you advertised to show ? That is bad business and inappropriate. There are a lot of us who do not spend money on the NFL ticket and when I see that the major networks are airing my teams game.. I stay home to watch. You have ruined a nice afternoon with friends who came over to see the packers play. Will not watch you all again.

• Zx
      Oct 24, 2014

I'm sorry but you fox took over speed network this past year saying that you would continue showing auto racing... All summer I've been wondering when.. Where .. And how if u only show soccer and ufc... I've got at least 5 soccer channels and at least 4 ufc channels but not one single full fledged auto racing channels.. Let me rephraze that AMERICA my land of the free doesn't have a single full fledged auto racing channel since you bought out the only one... This makes me quite upset ... My best guess is fox thinks America hates auto racing...

• Gt
      Nov 02, 2014

Of all the networks showing NFL games (ABC, CBS, ESPN, NBC, NFL) why is it only FOX that places the televised in-game running scoreboard in the upper left corner? When I record using a DVR or even watch live and use one of the many options (such as zoom) available in modern wide screen TVs the scoreboard in a FOX telecast is either partially visible or not at all visible. I've tried altering every setting I can think of but nothing corrects this problem.

• Hu
      May 25, 2015

My main receiver seems to work fine for Fox sports scores but my 2nd receiver blocks off the score for 2 different tv's. Fox is the only channel with the problem and I have played with all my picture mode settings for both tvs and failed. It is frustrating as I like seeing the mph on pitchers fastball and it blocks it out.

• Fr
      Jul 12, 2015

Womens US Open
    another really poor productiom!!
    Put Joe B in clubhouse--He csn't spell GOLF and doesn't care enough to prepare
    Shane was pathetic
    Faxon is like watching paint dry
    You should be embarassed

Signed. Fred Neal

Oct 25, 2015

Why did you change the Saints vs Colts game during 3rd quarter? You advertised the game, now stick to the schedule!

Oct 25, 2015

WT Frock?! Why did you remove the Saints vs Colts game in the 3rd quarter? Who in their right mind does that? Stick to the program schedule. And you call yourselves the Sunday football channel??? We want NFL Sundays back on ESPN or ABC, Fox is irresponsible. The game wasn't even in the 4th quarter? Who stops a game before the last 2 minutes of the fourth quarter? People who know NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR ITS FANS! that's who.

Oct 25, 2015

Fox you took a game off in the 3rd quarter, i.e., Saints vs. Colts and here we are 4th quarter close game. Your irresponsibility to changing the NFL football program right in middle of a Sunday NFL game is the worst call you guys ever made. I am putting the KAI BASH on you that NFL Sports media takes it away from you because honestly, your decision is ridiculous and NOT in a positive manner. So upset with your broadcast that I will no longer even watch your news or any other shows that come on the Fox Channel period!

Oct 25, 2015

Boycotting FOX Network shows...all of them because you so messed up the NFL Sunday games by changing programs in the middle of a game. What is wrong with your people anyway?

Oct 25, 2015

Fox NFL programmers are the Worst in the media. Hello anyone at FOX NFL listening????

Oct 25, 2015

FOX NFL needs to FIRE their Schedule Programmers NOW. I worked for NBC OLYMPIC GAMES IN 2000, if we would have changed programs in the middle of an Olympic Soccer game we would have been FIRED ON THE SPOT, it doesn't bode well for rankings or fans. Get a programmer or supervisor who knows what the hell they are doing.

• Do
      Oct 25, 2015

I could maybe understand them changing the game if the game should have been over, but to change to a different game also in the third quarter? I'm with you, they need to replace some òf their employees or I'll be changing my channel away from FOX permanently!

• St
      Oct 26, 2015

The FOX coverage of the Blue Jays /Royals ALCS was very unprofessional ….not something I would have expected. For a championship series I expected the best FOX had to offer from a broadcast standpoint. Was this the best available? The announcers were obviously rooting for the Royals.
    Broadcast cheerleaders should not be heard at this level. I could go on but in short I am very disappointed by what I heard during the games last week . The capper was a promo announcing the Mets/ Royals World Series start on Tuesday. The game was far from over and yet you were promoting the next series. Really quite pathetic . Try showing some professionalism! You might also want to try a new broadcast crew for starters. This group is purely minor league material.

Sincerely, Steve Groves
    Erin, Ont.
    Canada

• Bg
      Oct 27, 2015

i agree you advertised saints game and you yank it off the air cause it wasnt competetive enough. two minutes later the colts were right back in it but i was not only unable to see it but i had to get this info from online source. that was terrible no other network would even consider doing that to their viewers. i did not watch next game on fox because i was afraid they would do same thing. how disrespectful to both saints and colts fans. kind of like reading a book and finding the last twenty five pages missing

• Ca
      Nov 15, 2015

OU & OSU SCHEDULING COMPLAINT
    OU VS TCU @ OU ABC 7:00 p.m.
    OSU VS Baylor & OSU FOX 6:30 p.m.
    As a devoted, passionae and proud State of Oklahoma football fan, I am disappointed with the scheduling of Oklahoma's two great football teams. I am disappointed with FOX and ABC. STUPID IDEA to schedule these two teams at approximately the same time.

Carla J. Goodwin
    3707 Jennifer Avenue
    Muskogee, OK 74403-7735
    [protected]@att.net

918/681-0092

Dec 20, 2015

12-19-2015 I am watching the Bears Vikings game and can't read the score or quarter. This has been a problem all season.

Dec 20, 2015

Why In gods name are you not showing the game in Michigan? the packers are a playoff team it's a 4pm game And my fox station is airing some quiz show game !! Really !!! Just stupid

Jan 03, 2016

Please do not air football games anymore, you obviously have no idea what the hell you are doing Fox. I haven't been able to watch any of the last 6 games YOU were suppose to air, and then when one is on you change to another game that is not on your program schedule. I think a change in management from the top down is on order and the NFL needs to suspend your rights to air football until that change is made.

Jan 03, 2016

Why in 2016 are there still thousands, if not millions of people who cannot see the full scoreboard nobody cares whose 'fault' it is nobody wants to keep switching resolutions and aspect ratios why not just move it closer to the center LIKE EVERY OTHER CHANNEL??? what is wrong with you people?

Jan 24, 2016

The game look like the Xbox 360 game been played on TV the cameras or something is not right in very displeased with the broadcasting of the sunday night game

Mar 03, 2016

I feel so sad for this country...especially if other parts of the world are watching this on TV. The moderators are just horrible !!! Instead of asking legit questions on the future of the USA and having each candidate answer what their plan would be ...it's like a reality soap opera and a bad one at that...it's just pathetic. After watching these debates...Fox did accomplish one thing...they have lost this family as viewers.