Founders Insurance Company / Accident Claim#0308002853

1 P.O. Box 5100Des Plaines, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-795-3767

I was injured as a result of an auto accident in which your insured was at fault. I was eastbound on Touhy in the right lane, when Alina Kowalski suddenly pulled out of Nagle, where there is a stop sign for traffic on Nagle, into traffic on Touhy, and struck the passenger side of my car. On file should be a copy of the Founders Report of Accident and claim, which further describes the accident.

When your insured hit my car, I was thrown against the inside of the driver's door. There is a small indention in the door panel where my elbow hit the door. I had pain in my neck, lower back pain, and pain in my left shoulder as a result. I had a contusion on my knee cap, an abrasion on my left elbow and an abrasion on my left shoulder. I had to stay off work for three days due to the pain. It was painful to kneel for at least a week, and the pain in my lower back continued for about two weeks. The neck pain and muscle strain continued for several days. I went to my doctor's office, Western Springs Family Center, that day, and was prescribed pain medication, which I took. And was told not to go to work for the next two days, as well as that day.

I have submitted the breakdown of all the medical bills, medications, car rental agreement and lost wages as a result of the collision, which totaled $884.35. I believe $2000 for the pain and suffering I experienced is reasonable.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB case#94209669 and on 1/7/09 they received a response from Lauren Mc Farland claim manager. Her response was they are awaiting proof of lost wages from my employer. I told her that the lost wages form was faxed to them on 8-21-08.
On 1/27/09 I spoke to Lauren Mc Farland about my claim, she had indicated that a check was sent to the body shop for the rental re-imbursement. What I cant understand is why? I don't live their. She called them to find out if they still had it, they didn't, so she cancelled the check and re-issued a new one to me which I received a month ago. I also signed a release form for my medical records on the date of the accident 7-2-08.
I have repeatedly left messages with the claim manager and rep. I don't understand why its so hard to call with a follow-up call or update on the claim. I want to settle this claim, I fell this organization has been dragging their heels to pay out compensation.
Please contact me as soon as possible
Robert Pond
9438 Commons Dr
Hickory Hills, Il 60457
[protected] cell number and best way to reach me
brpond_99@yahoo.com
claim#[protected]
date of loss: 7-2-08

Comments

16th of Sep, 2009

I too am a victim of Founder's Insurance. I was parked on August 16, 2009 at a friends' house when I was rear ended. I too have two eyewitnesses who saw the person hit my car. I called Founder's the next day to report the claim and was sent information about the accident which I have filled out and returned to the company. It has been 4 weeks today since the incident and still nothing. I called "The Department of Insurance" and also founded out that I can not leave with any of our vehicles covered under "FOUNDER'S INSURANCE COMPANY the state OF ILLINOIS because they will not be covered if involved in an accident and that my son, nor his wife are allowed to drive our vehicles, also if we were to have to rent a car we would have to pay the renal car insurance because FOUNDER'S will not. Also, it can take up to 6 months maybe a year to settle this claim depending on the outcome of the court date and what happens to the person who hit my car.
    The person who hit the car doesn't have insurance and just because we only have liabilty we have had to do all the foot work for this company. SO COMSUMERS BEWARE OF FOUNDER'S INSURANCE COMPANY!Also my damages are $552.00
    Sincerely,
    Y & L Champlin

• Wp
      30th of Sep, 2009

While I understand that the complaints that the claimant has. An injury isn't worth three times your specials. Thats simply not reasonable. There was no ambulance ride, no ER and very light follow up. Where is the proof of your injury other than your subjective complaint. Quite frankly there is none. Although you are certainly due some recovery but certainly not the amount you have set your sights on.

Now speaking on your commenter who is utterly ignorant on how claims work. They only had liability insurance... Hm. Well it is certainly no one's fault but your own to choose to not have adequate insurance coverage. Your rental policy you agreed upon with agent so your rental will only be as prescribed on your declarations page, probably 20-25 dollars a day maximum. Any mount additional to that is your responsibility, whether you have State Farm, Farmers, or Founders. You can rent a car in your daily rental amount, no Insurance company is going to pay the "collision" insurance on a rental. This again is your fault not the insurance companies. In addition, when you are struck by an uninsured vehicle you do have to prove certain things. Until you have met the burden of proof, which is not the insurance companies responsibilities. In addition, did you make a police report did you have the other persons name etc to prove if they do or do not have insurance. If there is information the insurance company must write to IDOT to determine if someone is uninsured, that process can take 1-5 months depending on how quick IDOT wants to work. This certainly is an unfortunate circumstance but it is what it is.

Bottom line, insure yourself adequately. Don't blame someone else because YOU CHOOSE to not have proper coverages or inquire with your agent what certain coverage means. Uninsured motorist claims have a significant amount of proof you must provide as the insured person. Be realistic and reasonable. Ask questions to learn more.