fotolia.com / Credits Disappeared

United States Review updated:

I'm a graphic designer. I purchase "credits" to buy stock photography as needed. I went to the fotolia.com site the other day, and my credits had disappeared. After contacting fotolia via their online contact form, I was informed my credits had expired. Expired? After several days over one year? I was not warned that my credits would expire when I bought them. I was not warned via email or any other form that my credits were expiring. As a designer, I buy a lot of stock photography from many different sources. It is not other microphotography sites' policy that credits expire after only a year. I have to conclude that fotolia is a scam company, and will take your money if you leave it in their hands. It goes without saying I would never use them again. I also note that fotolia.com is not on the list of stock image sites recommended in "Graphic Design USA" magazine (March 2012). I am appalled reading the way contributors have been treated with deleted accounts, deleted photographs, and stolen earnings. fotolia.com should be brought to justice via lawsuit...they laugh at us on their way to the bank with their stolen profits.

Comments

• Ru
      10th of Jul, 2012

istock and dreamstime do it too, as do many others - it's a common way of making money for nothing