FotoConnection.com / Terrible experience

I placed an order online with FotoConnection.com. The next day we called to confirm that the item was in stock and after waiting on hold for 2-1/2 hours we hung up and began researching this company online. We found tons of complaints about this company on resellerratings.com. We became alarmed and
immediately sent fotoconnection.com an email requesting to cancel the order.

I also immediately called them and as soon as I told them that I wanted to cancel the order, they told me that they were transferring me to customer service, where we (my husband and I took turns) sat on hold for 2-1/2 hours. The recording told us that we were first in line. I called while my husband was on hold and was also put on hold & "1st in line". They have an option to hold or enter your phone number for a return call. I attempted 3 times and it would not accept my number. I called again and asked for sales, I asked for help and explained that we've been on hold etc and all he said "please hold". While on hold for 2-1/2 hours I sent emails informing them of such (please see below). Today my husband spoke to Victor at fotoconnection to cancel and he said "ok". My husband didn't feel as if he was going to cancel the order and attempted to cancel the order via an online chat (see below). This company has a $10k hold on our credit card, we called the credit card company and they can't doing anything about the hold until the actually charge our card, then we have to dispute the charge. Because of the hold we can't use our card because with the hold we don't have enough credit. We are at a complete loss as to what to do. I don't understand how companies in THIS COUNTRY can continue to get away with such fraud. Any advise or assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

To: Marie

Subject: RE: PLEASE CANCEL: Order Num - FC-253484

Importance: High

Dear valued customer,

To cancel the order please call our customer service department at [protected]. We don't accept cancellations via email.

HOW CAN I CALL YOU TO CANCEL WHEN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT DOESN'T ANSWERS THE PHONE!!! SEE MY TRIAL OF EMAILS!!! I MADE A VERY SERIOUS AND DILIGENT EFFORT TO VERBALLY CANCEL MY ORDER CALLING YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE #. IF YOU WANT US TO TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT CALL ME OR MIKE TO CANCEL AT [protected].

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Email User [mailto:Email User]

> Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2017 9:02 AM

> To: Marie

> Subject: RE: PLEASE CANCEL: Order Num - FC-253484

> Importance: High

> Dear valued customer,

> To cancel the order please call our customer service department at [protected]. We dont accept cancellations via email.

>> PLEASE CANCEL THE SUBJECT ORDER. I waited on hold for 2 hours!

>> PLEASE

>> CANCEL MY ORDER!

>> _____

>> From: Marie [mailto:Email User]

>> Sent: Friday, November 23, 2017 1:22 PM

>> To: Email User'

>> Cc: Email User'

>> Subject: PLEASE CANCEL: Order Num - FC-253484

Please cancel the subject order. I have been on hold for 90 minutes and still holding! The message indicated that I was first in line. I had someone else call and they too were first in line. We tried option number 1 to leave the call back number and it would not accept the number. I am still on hold and will continue to hold until a customer service rep answers.

>> Thank you!

>> _____

>> From: Marie [mailto:Email User]

>> Sent: Friday, November 23, 2017 12:28 PM

>> To: Email User'

>> Cc: Email User'

>> Subject: FW: Order Confirmation - Order Num - FC-253484

>> Importance: High

Please cancel the subject order. I am still on hold waiting for a customer service person to assist me.

>> Thank you.

CHAT

_____

From: Albert [mailto:lp_Email User]

Sent: Monday, November 26, 2017 3:17 PM

To: Email User

Subject: Transcript of your chat

The following is a record of your online chat.

General Info

Chat start time

Nov 26, 2017 6:07:51 PM EST

Chat end time

Nov 26, 2017 6:16:39 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:08:47

Operator

jamie

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'jamie'

jamie: Hello, how may i assist you today?

you: I have spoken with Victor today to notify him that I am cancelling order Order #: 339868 Account ID #: Invoice Number: 253484 Placed on:

Nov/23/07

you: He said OK.

you: SO please finally consider this order cancelled. I have been cancelling it since Friday last week!

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to Email User at the end of your chat.

jamie: you have to speak with a customer service agent please

you: I have spoken to th representative today (Viktor)

jamie: you need to speak with customer service

you: I was on hold for two hours on Friday. I will not spend more time dealing with your company.

you: Viktor is the person I spoke with today.

you: at, [protected] Ext. 2044.

jamie: again as i stated to you

you: And let me add, this order will be rejected if you ship it and dispute

handled thru my CC company.

jamie: you need to speak with a customer service agent

you: You are the customer rep are you not. Since to your customer department is on eternal hold , maybe you should make a note of this you: Thank you for your assistance. I have a transcript of this and 7 or so emails. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Va

Comments

• Va
      11th of Dec, 2007
    FotoConnection.com - Bait N Switch, upsellers!
    Brooklyn
    www.fotoconnection.com

My girlfriend ordered a $154 Sony camera. She received an email stating that we needed to call back. That's when the "customer service" rep, SAM, proceeded to upsell her on a battery and a variety of other stuff. When she just told SAM to cancel, he threatened her with other charges (a 15% restocking fee even though the order was JUST placed. The restocking fee is discussed on the website in terms of returns, NOT canceled orders.) SAM also proceeded to "sweeten" the deal by adding a warranty and a camera cleaning case, even though none of it was asked for nor wanted (classic sleazy sales practice.)

At this point, my girlfriend was very upset at SAM and asked for a manager. He transferred her around and around and then answered the phone himself as "the manager." She called him on it and said, "You're not the manager." He answered, "Today I am."

"Then why didn't you just say that at the beginning?" This was going on for 10 minutes as I sat beside her. She was in near tears at being treated so badly.

Eventually my GF relented and bought the $154 camera for $244. I told her not to do it and not to let them get away with this, but she was in tears from being bullied by SAM. Nope, *I* won't let them get away with this HORRIBLE behavior. STAY AWAY, Consumer. Stay FAR away. I wish my GF would've told me what she was doing before I walked in on her upset, but the camera was my Xmas gift. Otherwise, I would've told her to read the reviews of this sleazy retailer.

18th of Dec, 2007
    FotoConnection.com - Don't do business with this company!
    P.O. Box 300425
    Midwood
    Phone: 1-800-457-0889
    www.fotoconnection.com

We purchased a SONY camcorder from this company. The sales guy who sold it to my husband talked him into purchasing a special "package". When we received our camcorder, we were shorted on what we were to get. They were to give us 2 batteries and only gave us one. We were also told this package would include a quick charger for batteries. When I called NUMEROUS times to have corrected, they were rude and totally turned the tables on us saying that we were upgraded to a better battery, etc. I finally was told by this man (I think only 2 might work there!) that this was the 4th time I'd called and the last time I would contact their company! Unfortunately, we are out the money and didn't receive everything that was promised! I think this might be a fly by night company because of the way they treated us. They only put THE BEST reviews from customers online (I wouldn't doubt if they type them their selves!) I will never do any business with FOTOConnection again! Save yourself time, frustration, and MONEY!

• V0
      19th of Dec, 2007

Very similar story happened to me.

28th of Jan, 2008
    FotoConnection.com - Beware of FotoConnection.com!
    P.O. Box 300425
    Midwood
    www.fotoconnection.com

I've had an ongoing negative experience with fotoconnection. I placed an order, a fellow called trying to upsell me (he had left a message on my voicemail stating we should call him so he can tell us a tracking number and make sure we will be home to sign for the package). He stated the camera comes with double AA batteries and I need to for 239.00 buy other batteries and a recharger. I stated in the package I bought there is a recharger and rechargeable batteries included. He told me these were promotional items and I had to buy his items as I could only use the Nikon items once. I refused so he told me he could cancel my order and charge me a 400.00 restock fee. I explained I was a teacher and I could not be hit with such a charge. He was belligerent and abusive. He then told me he would send me my camera kit and to be home the next day. We waited for tow days and then school started again. The package arrived a week later after I was told in an email I would not be charged shipping and handling since my package was so late. I was charged. In the package, items were missing. I contacted fotoconnection about missing items. I had also asked the man I had talked to, about the lenses. He was pretty rude about this and told me "what do you think comes with a Nikon camera, Nikon lenses of course." Other less expensive lenses were sent that do not have the optical quality of Nikon lenses. Also, a memory disk was sent that is not compatible with a the Nikon camera I bought. The memory disk was included with the camera package on the internet, but one was compatible, not one that could not be used with this camera. I have called, sent emails and no one has responded with answers to my questions. Please stay away from this company. They advertise camera packages but do not deliver what they advertise. At this time, I cannot use the camera because of missing and incorrect items that are not compatible with this camera. Something is wrong here and it is not the customers.

• Da
      11th of Jun, 2009
    FotoConnection.com - failure to deliver camera
    Fotoconnection.com
    fotoconnection.com

On 6/1/09 I placed an internet order with fotoconnection.com, for a digital SLR camera with a specific lens. The total cost was ~$1000. The next day a salesman from the company called me to confirm the order. I confirmed it. He suggested I buy a better lens, some accessories and a warranty. I declined to do so. He said the order would be shipped out immediately and that I should receive it in 7-10 days. I complained that the promotion with the camera stated that I would get "free expedited 3 day shipping". He said that was true, and that he was sorry for the mistake. It has been 11 days now and I have not received anything. I went back to the website, to my personal account. The account stated that once the camera was shipped, a tracking number would appear "in the box" and would also be emailed to me. The box was empty and nothing has been emailed to me. I contacted my VISA credit card company and nothing has been charged to my card.
    I am about to go away on a trip and need that camera in a few days. Clearly I will not be getting it. Please pass on this info about Fotoconnection.com.

Sincerely