FotoConnection.com / I would sugget avoiding this store

First, I thought this webstore is better because they will call you to confirm the order. However, what I just found today is they don't have my ordered camerea after they told me they will ship the camera a week ago. They even don't bother informing you that they don't have camera until I called them.

Maybe they have cheap price in electronics. However, the price of these consumer electronics is still not cheap in a normal household monthly expense budget.

I would sugget avoiding this store because I am not sure if this is a real honest store.

Dl

Comments

4th of Jan, 2008
    FotoConnection.com - Don't use this liars
    fotoconnection.com

These guys are rip off artists; they advertise low prices, but don't deliver. Then they call you and try to sell you junk; I wanted 2 day shipping and not only did they not ship in 2 days; they didn't ship at all and then called and try to sell other stuff, and I doubt they had the camera anyway. I would never use them and hope no one else does either and hope they go out of business and to jail.

• Al
      24th of Jan, 2008
    FotoConnection.com - Take real action!
    Fotoconnecton.com
    Midwood
    www.fotoconnection.com

If you want to take real action against fotoconnection.com contact the NY State Attorneys office and use this handy link to their complaint form. It will take you two minutes:

FotoConnection
    P.O. Box 300425
    Midwood, NY 11230
    Toll-Free: 1-800-457-0889

• Al
      15th of Feb, 2008

stay away. rip off artists. i just got ripped off of $5,198 after trying to buy a sharp 65 inch aquos tv. they still have not sent notice of when i will be getting delivery. it's been 3 weeks since i first sent my order. they will not return my emails or phone calls.

27th of Feb, 2008

I had same bad experience. Luckily, my credit card company cancelled the charge and i didn't lose any money. Foto Connection is a ripoff. Do not do business with them!

27th of Feb, 2008

BY the way, they are also known as THENEWCONNECTION.COM

Beware of "Thenewconnection.com"

• Ri
      11th of Mar, 2008
    FotoConnection.com - Rip off!
    FotoConnection.comw
    Connecticut
    Phone: 2035125838
    www.FotoConnection.com

Ordered new tv aqous 46inch d62u turned out it was refurbished+ charged to much for shipping. They suck!

• To
      9th of Dec, 2008
    FotoConnection.com - Poor customer service
    Fotoconnection.com
    fotoconnection.com

Ordered a LCD TV from this company and they have been telling me for 10 days that it has shipped. The provide a tracking number but it has never been picked up from the company for delivery. Everytime I call back to inquire or send an email I get excuses. I have asked to cancel the order and for a refund but they will not honor my request.

• Ms
      5th of May, 2009
    FotoConnection.com - charge to return defective products
    fotoconnection.com

I purchased a GPS from fotoconnection.com, and I called them the day I received it because it didn't work. Would not even turn on. They will accept a return, but they require me to pay a 15% restocking fee, will not refund the shipping charge, and on top of that, I have to pay for the return shipping. The only other option is to return this to the manufacturer at my expense.

• Ms
      5th of May, 2009

Fotoconnections.com ended up offering to pay the return shipping to the manufacturer, after some resistance. They vowed to improve and give better customer service in the future, so I take back the complaint, and I am satisfied for now. Ms Berg

• Jg
      5th of May, 2009

That's cool. You don't very often see someone coming in to give this sort of feedback. Nice.

• Pr
      18th of Dec, 2009
    FotoConnection.com - Very poor customer service
    fotoconnection.com

Under no circumstance should you purchase a camera from fotoconnection.com This company does a very poor job in customer service. In purchasing a camera it is expected to arrive in prestine condition and all parts. MISSING PARTS should be the responsibility of the company. The company had the audacity to require a restocking fee for return of missing items never sent.

• Of
      13th of Jan, 2010

TVsDepot.com is a WEB based organization that is likewise a subsidiary front company extension for " FotoConnection.com " I ordered a TV from this company, a “Sharp LC-37D62U 37" Aquos LCD HDTV television advertised as “New in factory box” for $849.00. Upon arrival the set had obvious damage, and would not function properly when cold. It had a shorted out circuit board that would only function properly when the TV had warmed up fully, usually taking a half hour. I filed a ‘damaged set’ claim with ‘Sharp USA’ as the damaged appeared as it could have only happened at the 'Sharp' factory. They agreed to exchange the set, but only with a refurbished one. I enquired why a refurbished unit and they told me the TV itself was not new but was refurbished by Sharp, in April of this year. The Sharp representative said the word ‘Refurbished’ should be plainly marked on the box just beneath the ‘Sharp’ logo.

After hearing this I then did some further investigating. After further investigation I find that (it was most likely) that employees within TV's Depot (aka "FotoConnection") company carefully cut the first layer of cardboard out where the word 'REFURBISHED" was off both sides of the box with a razor knife, and then covered over the cut out areas with two consecutive "Fragile Handle With Care" stickers (about five inches long each) just immediately below the 'Sharp' insignia on both sides of the box. I have taken extensive pictures, as evidence against this obvious fraud. I also have an open case number with ‘Sharp USA’ where I have documented evidence that the set was indeed a refurbished unit and not a new one.

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

14th of Jan, 2010
    FotoConnection.com - Rip off
    fotoconnection.com

My son made an online purchase and was totally scammed. What he ordered is completely different than what he received and 2 of the items are unusable because they are in JAPANEZE! There is a billing disrepancy of over $1000 in what he was told it would cost and what the packing slip total is to what the credit card was charged. This has been a horrible experience...DO NOT SHOP HERE! TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

• Le
      14th of May, 2010
    FotoConnection.com - After the camera was paid for I could get no assistance from Fotoconnection
    fotoconnection.com

Purchased a Nikon D200 from Fotoconnection. Sold an expensive aftermarket warranty extension. The company does not exist! After the camera was paid for I could get no assistance from Fotoconnection.

• It
      5th of Jul, 2010
    FotoConnection.com - Worst online store and customer service ever
    fotoconnection.com

The WORST customer service I have EVER encountered on the internet! Don't be fooled by their low prices, most of the deals are Bait-&-Switch! I called for some issues on a camera I purchased, they hung up on me. Extreamly RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL! Don't buy from them, or you will regret!

• De
      25th of Sep, 2011
    FotoConnection.com - Scammed
    fotoconnection.com

After the camera was paid for I could get no assistance from Fotoconnection.