Foschini / it's frightful at the types of people that companies in the service industries employ to service clients

It's frightful at the types of people that companies in the service industries employ to service clients at the front line. I don't know if the quality of people at the Foschini Group is indicative of the company's view of their clients because if is it then everyone needs to stop shopping at any of the Foschini group stores.

I made a purchase on Friday at the Menlyn store for a family member in preparation for a burial on Saturday. The item that i bought did not fit and in the chaos of the funeral, i misplaced or lost the slip. I did however pay for the item on my debit card and can pull the proof of payment to tgis effect.

The store refuses to offer the refund and so i called head office to find out what the group's policy is. Yesterday, I was told by Claudia that I should get my refund which the store is disputing. I called head office this afternoon and was serviced by a shockingly rude Shirley Chakane!!!

Firstly, she told me that she needs to get off the call and go home because it's home time. She then very rudely and quite unproffessionally reverted to speaking in venacular said that in case i was not aware, she cannot entertain the call at home time. The nerve!!

En