Fortress Security inc / Took unauthorized fund from bank account

1 2013 dog wood courtGrand Prairie, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4692619355

They make it very difficult to cancel their alarm monitoring contract. I sent in a letter 5 times according to their instructions and they kept rejecting it until the contract automatically renewed for a whole extra year. Their tactics were intentional to get another year out of me. Don't ever do business with this company - their business practices are dishonest.

Comments

Ma
  25th of Oct, 2008
Fortress Security inc - unauthorized withdrawl
platinum member;fortress security inc
unknown
unknown
Phone: unknown

This company made an unauthorized withdrawal from my account. My bank was able to supply me with the name & phone #. Needless to say there isn't anyway to get through, keep you on hold and then hangup. I still have no idea who they are.

Ob
  7th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I totally agree with this assessment. Their salesman told us we were signing a 1-year contract but had us sign a 3-year contract. They told me my contract was canceled after one year but then presented me with the 3-year contract and claimed to have been monitoring my house for 6 months after that and charged me and threated to sue me for the full 3-year amount. They then proceeded to illegally withdraw money from my visa which they had on file from the first month of service. Don't go through all this headache and stay away from them.

Jo
  18th of Jan, 2010

I have used Fortress Security to protect several of my properties and have been a customer for over 8 years. Their emergency response has always been excellent. I would suggest them to anyone needing this valuable service. I use them because my insurance company requires a 5 -Diamond rated monitoring center and they have four of them. Good people and valuable service.

Ch
  17th of May, 2011

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE!!! They tricked me into a 60 month contract, we agreed to that with only a initial, not a signature. every 3 month i have a problem with my unit, they have repaired, replaced for the past 3 years and counting. THE WILL NOT LET YOU OUT OF CONTRACT, So you have to sue them. they think that all that I go through with them is normal... Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Run!!! brinks and adt have superior service. I only chose them because they are the ones who put the system in the house I bought thinking they would know it better than anyone else!!! DONT DO IT!!!

Ne
  3rd of Dec, 2012

I am facing issue with them right now. Believe me, they are a complete rip off. They trick you in signing a contract and then renew it automatically. If you call them couple of months earlier, they would say, you would be on month to month when the contract expires. It is a lie. They would not let you cancel the contract, no matter what and behave badly with you on the phone. I feel more insecure now having fortress security. Badly stuck. Suggest going with Smith and Thompson rather than Fortress Security. At least they don't have contracts and don't take money from your checking account directly.

Lo
  24th of Mar, 2013

I am facing issues, some broke in to my house twice with Fortress Security, first time they said you didn't had this and that, so we upgraded to make sure it want happen again, but what ever we paid extra for that wired were not connected properly, so they were like oh the connection was bad.

Mh
  12th of May, 2014

If you're reading and this and considering Fortress. Please read carefully and judge for yourself. Personally, I would not recommend Fortress to anyone. Why? My story is when I signed up with Fortress, they wanted us to sign a 6 year contract!? Hell, I don't sign for car loans that long. I requested at least a 4 year contract and they agreed reluctantly. That was Nov 2009, I called May 12th 2014 to cancel my contract as we're selling our house. After 5 minutes of arguing with them about we're moving to hawaii to stay with relatives and they already have a system, and NO I'm not interested in transferring to the buyer. They said well you're contract is till November. I said.. no, 2013 - 2009 = 4 years. So then they're argument is that IN the Contract, once you complete your 4 year term they Auto-Contract you for a full year.. Ha.. ###. I dare them to try it.
Folks, I'm a rational person and if you're here.. hopefully you'll heed my warning and others like me. Stay away.

Dy
  25th of Mar, 2015

So I have recently had a problem with this company - consistent with everyone else's claims. So... the question becomes, what did you all do to deal with the situation. At present, they are harassing us and pretending like that's normal. So what can be done?