Forest City Family Medicine / Medical office standards

1 281 E Main St 28043Forest City, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: (828) 245-5132

In October of 2007 I was not allowed to see my doctor because I did not have my co pay($20.00). I had dual coverage by insurance. On Dec 23 I recieved a letter from the office mgr that Forest City Family Medicine would no longer serve me as a patient because I complained about their office staff and operations. They are affiliated with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare systems ( so are ALL the other doctors in my county) and Spartanburg Regional has blackballed me from seeing any other doctors in their network.
I have severe cardio myopia and a few other problems that need constant attention. The letter from the office manager even quoated this. I can not find another doctor within 35 miles that will see me. I need to see a Family type doctor so they can keep track of my aliments and pass along any findings to my Cardiologist. What can be done?

Comments

Ho
  20th of Aug, 2008

If this was any TYPE OF CARING PHYSICIAN, he wouldn't need $20. to see you! Write a letter to HIM/HER DIRECTLY, NOT addressed to-- "Office Of..." because that gives these people the ability to open it. Address it right to the doctor, "Dr. Smith, 320 Medical Bldg. Suite #404, Etc. HE/SHE may not EVEN BE AWARE that there is a problem! Sometimes a little power in the front office goes WAY TOO FAR, as I've also had a difficult time every once in a while (a panic attack yesterday in the exam rm., waiting to see my dr.) I have Medicare(primary) And Blue Cross/Blue Shield(secondary), but Medicare IS MY PRIMARY. I don't know why, maybe because I'm disabled... Hey---head up, WE CAN NO LONGER BE VICTIMS to whatever the front desk thinks THEY should do. THEY HAVE NO MEDICAL TRAINING!!! And you said that you received a letter FROM THE OFFICE MANAGER! SHE/HE IS A NOBODY!!! THEY DON'T PAY THE MD--- I'LL BET THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT WHAT YOU HAVE IS SERIOUS. They get paid to answer phones, make appts., and THINK they are Nurse/Doctors. I WAS A Nurse for 22 yrs., so BELIEVE ME--THEY ARE NOBODY!!!
P.S.---After they take you back, a box of Russell Stovers chocolates goes a LONG WAY AT Christmas! God Bless and Good Luck, (although I know you won't need it if you follow these steps--Hell, YOU JUST may be their FAVORITE PATIENT after that!
Let me know how you make out, OK? And say a little prayer before contacting the doctor-after all, MOST OF THEM went into it to HELP PEOPLE.