ForeClosureStore / Scam and rip off!

United States Review updated:
4.8
I was promised access to foreclosure listings after the initial $8.00 credit card charge. I was not able to access any of the foreclosure listings without being charged every time I would attempt to access the listings. They say there is a 7 day trial. After that they will charge my credit card $240.00 if I do not call to cancel. I attempted to call and cancel, but they do not answer their phone. I have been unable to contact anyone from that so called company!
Va

Comments

Da
  15th of Feb, 2008
i experienced the same that the emailer di. i was desperately looking for a home for me and my children so i went on the foreclosurestore website. It is truly amazing how these website can scam you and get away with it.
Dh
  16th of Feb, 2008
I too am trying to cancel with FOreclosureStore, I cannot get in touch with them by phone or internet. the listing in our area were old listing, been sold for quite some time. this is definitely a rip off.
Does anyone have a contact number for me to call I plan to contact my credit card company and tell them not to accespt any charges from them.
Al
  7th of Mar, 2008
I just got ripped off also? Does anyone know how to report this and to take legal action?
Sc
  3rd of Apr, 2008
i'm trying to look for a number to call to cancel. luckily i used a Paypal temp. card so i don't think i'll be in trouble with the extra money.
Co
  5th of May, 2008
what a pip off, having the same problem, just 3 days in i cannot access anything on their site, nor can i even find a number to call. will be contacting my bank and pay for a stop payment.
Ta
  8th of May, 2008
I was charged also and never able to access the site. I called my bank to stop the payment before it went through but it was too late. I was able to get a contact number from my bank and called the number spoke to a customer service rep I think and told her the situation the refused to refund me my momey and when ask to speak to her supervisior about her attitude and how was gettin charged for an account that I could not access she hung up on me. I put the charge in dispute with my bank but the result of getting my money back from them were unsuccessful.
Wi
  8th of Jul, 2008
i to have a complaint.after many many tries at gettting back to forclosure store to cancel my 7 day acount, they would not answer my calls .is there anyone out there that can help me get my money back after being slammed into their system and charged297.00 for a system that provides nothing to anyone that they can, t get for free anyway.i can, t even get their website to come up to see what state they, re from so i could call the attorney general of that state to file my complaint.
Lo
  10th of Jul, 2008
I was promised access to foreclosure listings after the initial $8.00 credit card charge. I was not able to access any of the foreclosure listings without being charged every time I would attempt to access the listings. They say there is a 7 day trial. After that they will charge my credit card $297.00 if I do not call to cancel. I attempted to call and cancel, but they do not answer their phone of they put you on hold, then the phone goes dead. I have been unable to contact anyone from that so called company!
I am also enclosing several other complaints filed against this company.
I sincerely hope you can help me on this matter, I do not want to pay for services I don’t have access to.
Op
  27th of Jan, 2009
Be careful of this site. When I looked at the foreclosures for a zip code, then changed the zip code it brought the same pictures back with the new zip code and new city name. Could be legit or just bad advertising.
Ho
  28th of Jan, 2009
It's a total scam. All the photos are fakes and if you put in a different zipcode, the same photos will come up.
I live in Southern California and I put in my zipcode and houses with SNOW on the roofs and yards came up.

SCAM! Beware!
Ch
  1st of Feb, 2009
like the previous comment, foreclosurestore is a very hard site to access. Signed up for the FREE 7 Day Trial, went through the whole spill, when it came to accessing it. It became impossible there is no customer support and I can not cancel my membership w/o accessing the site, the rep that I spoke to, told me by going to the site would be the only way i could cancel, but again not able to access. In my opinion this is a scam and rip off.
Ke
  20th of Feb, 2009
I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Like many others, I cannot get in touch with anyone.Always a busy signal or on hold. I am currently working on getting this site shutdown.
Al
  20th of Feb, 2009
I am a Hurricane Ike victim whose home and belongings were swept away by an 18' surge. I now live in a FEMA trailer and only had a small amount awarded to me to replace my home. I looked to foreclosures as a possible answer to my problem.

I was hounded by e-mail by many companies so when I saw a free trial membership at Foreclosurestore.com, it seemed a perfect way to have a quick look in my area to see what was available at least. I then called to cancel my membership before the 7-day trial was up. No answer. On the 7th day I canceled my account but was still charged a fee of $79.00. A week later, another $39.95 was taken from my bank account. No e-mail from them, no explanation, no contact, period!!!

I am furious! I have become a victim twice over to two silent attackers.

I wonder how anyone affiliated with this site can sleep at night. I sure can't!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT FORECLOSURE.COM!!! YOU HAVE MANAGED TO MAKE A DESPERATE SITUATION EVEN MORE SO!!!
Sa
  2nd of Mar, 2009
i BELIEVE THIS ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE OR THE FBII
FOR A CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. MAYBE WE SHOULD JOIN FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT. YOU CAN E-MAIL
ME AT eddywhite74@hotmail.com
SANDY VERED
Ev
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Fraudulent Debit/Credit Card Activity/Claims Free 7 Day Trial/Bills $39.95 and $79.00 anyway after I received Cancel Confirmation Number. Cannot talk to anyone, Michael at 203-855-1999 ex 1024 would not help me, the website is secured in his name at Jordan Publishing and he hung up on me! Refused to help me with anything - just click - nothing!!! This company is MALICIOUS and should be punished. I have all the documentation that I attempted and did receive a cancellation number for my 'free trial' and then was still charged. I have filed a Dispute with my bank and am doing everything in my power to limit this company!
Ma
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Thank You for posting - it saves the rest of us from being ripped off!
Gi
  5th of Mar, 2009
yes they tried to scam me too fortunately God told me just to check online at consumerbe ware and I was able to cancel my credit card before they stole money off. I had a prepaid card which is better these days because you don't know who is real anymore...They tried but no money was on there and it was before the free trial which let me know they are pure jerks and rip offs...
Nh
  18th of Mar, 2009
I was checking forclosures in our area, I came across three homes that was on my street. These Houses were not anywhere near our street. We have lived at this same address for 28 years. There is a total of 35-40 home / lots on a 7/10 of a mile area, we have to go by most of them everyday. So we have no clue where these houses are. We know that their not on our street or in our area. Maybe in some area of our town???????
Maybe your home is for sale and someone forgot to tell you!
One home stood out, It was a very large home with decks, porches, three floors, yellow in color, That one we know for sure it not here on our street..
Na
  19th of Mar, 2009
I initially signed up for the 7-day free tria. Well, I couldn't quite understand the web-site and found a place on my own, therefore I closed my account on the 6th day, as I completed the online cancellation paperwork it was supposed to send a confirmation email, but this NEVER happened. I then tried to relog onto website and it stated there was no account available for my previous account #. I then tried to call but received no answer, so I assumed since I couldn't log on I was cancelled...this all happened on the 6MAR and on 11MAR bank was debited in the amount of $99. I called the customer service number and call was answered and was told that without confirmation# I would not be refunded. I asked how was I supposed to get one if site didn't allow me to log back and and was again told that confirmation# was needed(I know this, but HOW was I supposed to get that if it didn't let me log on and told me account was non existant). I think they have site set up for that to happen to atleast get member's initial payment if they choose to cancel. As of today they still had my account open, even though I couldn't log in. I just returned form a 15mos deployment and was lookin' for assistance in finding a home...THANKS FORECLOSURE FOR HAVIN' MY BACK!!!If this is what I have to look forward to...NO THANKS next time!
Sh
  20th of Mar, 2009
I would like to start a class act against this company, because they are a fake .I live in Paterson and they are showing houses that are not no were in Paterson. It is bad that a company could get away with things like this it is a shame.I live in the 07501 area for all my life and there are NO or NEVER been any houses like they are showing in Paterson.