Foreclosure School / I DID NOT AUTHORIZE MY CARD TO BE USED

1 IN, United States Review updated:

I was looking at some foreclosed houses online, and it asked for my credit card number to view more houses. It said it was only a free trial. I then cancelled the free trial. After this, I see 3 different charges on my credit card from"FORECLOSURE SCHOOL". I was never in the "FORECLOSURE SCHOOL" website. Also, I just noticed another charge on my credit card from "FORECLOSURE" [protected]. All 4 of these charges were declined by my "prepaid" credit card company because I did not have enough money to cover them.
I am now very worried because it is time for me to deposit money into this account in order to pay my (real) monthly bills.
Again, I want to say that I NEVER AUTHORIZED ANY OF THESE 4 CHARGES.

St

Comments

• Jt
      26th of Feb, 2009
    Foreclosure School - Did not authorize my card to be used.
    Heather M Tabor
    3108 Hickory Grove Dr
    Monroe
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704-576-0567

I was looking at some foreclosed houses online, and it asked me to give my credit card number to veiw more houses. It said it was only a free trial. I cancelled that, but then I get over a $120.00 charge on my credit card. I was never in the foreclosure school website. I want a refund back. I got a reciept and it had no contact information neither did my credit card statement. So how can I get this money back, befofre its to late?

• Re
      12th of Mar, 2009

i have been getting billed for several months for $79 and i have tried to call them. in fact i have been trying to get a hold of them for over a month now and i either get put on hold or the system is busy or just no answer at all. i have left two or three messages with them with phone number and my message about being displeased and asking them to cancel this and i keep getting charges on my statements each month. my next option is to cancel my credit card and put in a complaint with them.

• Ra
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I too faced same problem today March 23rd 2009, when i checked my credit card statement. I was surprised to see $99 charged to my account. I was sure that i cancelled the registration the same day i register as i dont belive my memory much to cancel within 7 days of free trial.

When i started chatting with the representative online i was told they would not refund if i dont have confirmation code. I gave him my details like my email-id, phone number and representative was able to pull my account but he said i did not cancel my memebership. Though later he said my memebership expired on 3-18-09 just after 7 days after my registartion. I told if my account is cancelled then why should i be charged, on which the represenative logged of.

Thankfully i was able to find the confirmation code and then they agreed to refund my $. These people don't even send the cancellation mail to your account nor send the bill before charging for the same.

Stay away from these website.

• Di
      27th of Mar, 2009

I am facing the same problem but cannot remember the website and the phone number appearing on my statement is not a working number. Can someone please give me the website and/or a phone number. I have cancelled 3x and am still getting charged $79 a month!! HELP!
    Thanks.

• Li
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I disputed the charge with my bank. When they denied the claim they included the phone number for them. It's 800-462-9028