Fordena Pty.Ltd / (mis) treatment at post office

1 United States

I went to Chatswood (centre) Post Office today [protected], just before 12 noon to send a parcel to a business in Nowra.
When I entered the Post Office (with new fit-out) I choose the queue without anyone waiting and waited at the sign "Customer Service Point"
When the call "next please" came I was not looked at, so a lady out of the other lane going and I was ignored. I waited for the next available service person, looked at him and was then clearly told off that I had to join the other qeue. I indicated that I was waiting in a correct queue at the signpost and was informed that they were not serving that lane today!!! As if I'm working there too and should know that. Of course I reacted angrily and said that they could not treat me like that and if they wanted no clients there, it needed little brain to at least close the lane and remove or turn the sign. I turned the sign myself and left the Post Office and did my business at the Post Office in Chatswood West. I don't intend to return to the Chatswood centre Post Office. This mistreatment, the embarrassment, the inconvenience and stupidity of getting in a position to be treated like that is too much.
In the 9 years I visited that Post Office I have only met friendly people serving there.