Ford Ranger 2005 / engine
The engine seized in my 2005 Ranger with 14, 354 original miles on it. The Ford dealer that inspected it found water in the oil. Further inspection showed that one of the exhaust valves actually broke off, fell into the cylinder, then slammed upwards and cracked the water jacket (and bent the spark plug as well). The warranty on this truck was 3 year/36, 000 mi. when I bought it new off the lot as part of Ford's "Family Plan Promotion" in 2005. Three years expired at the end of August 2008. However, let me point out again that this engine only had 14, 354 miles on it when the valve broke.
I called Ford Customer Service to explain the issue. I only asked if they were willing to pay for half the repair cost of a new engine. The response was simply, "No, the warranty expired" we can not help you.
It seems that there is an obvious quality flaw in a valve/engine that fails with so few miles (and time) on it.
More Ford Ranger 2005 Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford Credit - ford credit mistakes 
- Ford Motor Company - Service at Lindsay Ford Motor Company in Wheaton
- Ford Motor Company - Ford Edge 2011 Battery Drain Issue
- Ford Motor Company - Service
- Ford Motor Company - My 2017 Ford Escape driver airbag did not deploy
- Ford Motor Company - Customer service center