Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty / defective door latch not covered
2012 Ford Focus with 18k miles, purchaced 38 months ago.
Over 1.5 million Ford vehicles have been recalled by request of the NHTSA due to defective door latches which no longer hold the door closed.
My Focus is not listed on the recall, but since I purchased the Ford PremiumCARE extended warranty I wasn't worried.
When the service manager requested warranty authorization, he discovered it WASN'T COVERED.
Luckily, since the problem occurred in the service bay, the dealer took care of it (Citrus Ford, Ontario, CA)
I urge anyone with Ford door latch problems to file a complaint with the NHTSA so more Ford models are included in the recall. The part alone costs over $250 online.
Link to file complaint:
More Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford Credit - ford credit mistakes 
- Ford Motor Company - service
- Ford Motor Company - door latch sensors
- Ford Motor Company - excessive repair charges by dealer 
- Ford - 2015 ford escape engine
- Ford Motor Company - the owner and way I was treated at this particular location