Ford / need new transmision (out of warranty)

MI, United States Review updated:

I have a 2017 Ford Focus and the warranty was about up so at about 99, 000 miles I took it to the local dealer and asked them to conduct a complete inspection of the car to see if there were any issues that needed to be fixed. They told me that everything was in good shape no problems. Now I am at 105, 000 miles so only 6k later and my transmission starts slipping wont shift into 2nd acts like it is in neutral, and the check engine light comes on. So I don't drive it anymore I take it to the dealer they say the transmission needs to be re-built and it will cost between 1200 and 1800 to fix it. Now mind you they are not going to even fix the entire transmission but instead only the parts that are bad. They also will only give us a warranty of 1 year or 12, 000 miles. I have called other companies and they will give a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty which I still don't think it is great it is much better than Ford will give. Sounds like Ford is not going to give an unlimited mileage warranty because they know it won't last very long. What happened to standing behind your products? So now here we are with an American car company that can't compete with the foreign auto makers. While Ford may not want tax payer money now to bail them out they will soon. By the way the engine in this care is made by Nissan, so even if you buy from the American Car makers you still end up with a product that is not completely made in America. If Ford can't give me a much better deal on this transmission re-build I will never buy another Ford or American car again, and I will tell all my family not to do so either. I also will make it my goal in life to post this info on every website I can. If anyone has contact info for the executives at Ford I would love to send them an email or give them a call. Oh and one more thing the inspection that the dealer did when the car was still under warranty was nothing special it was just the normal 36 point inspection. I have also spoken to a number of other car repair shops and they say transmissions don't normally go bad without some kind of notice, but I did not notice any issues and if you believe the dealer neither did they. By the way the dealer in this matter is Imlay City Ford in Michigan. I wanted to make sure they got some free advertising too, since they are not willing to work with the customer either.

An

Comments

• Pa
      16th of Sep, 2008
    Ford - 2000 lincoln continental defect
    5808 glen brook drive
    Bethel Park
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 4128330528

Due to a vehicle defect we had to purchase a sway bar..shock & strut assembly..stabilizer bar control link..a new tire, , and alignment. Our vehicles tire blew out due to this defect and no one at Ford will take responsibility. If we had been on a highway we certainly would have been killed and this would be a major lawsuit. Our total expense came in at $1277.54. Ford has stated they have no record of this vehicle having that problem but have had this particular problem with other Ford products. We want reumbursed for the amount this problem cost us. We have the parts, pictures, and info from people who saw this accident. Please respond !

• Va
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Ford - car falls apart
    ford.com

I have a 2017 Ford Expedition. The rearview mirror fell off three months after the 2017 purchase. It has just fallen off for the 11th time and although it has been glued 10 times it does not adhere to the window. It is a safety hazard and the Ford Corporation has not come up with a solution. I almost hit a woman right behind be as I could not see her position using the side mirrors.

I have been without the mirror more than I have been with one. Everytime, the solution is to glue again. This has not been the answer and none other is forthcoming.

• Du
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 215 624 6700
    dunphyford.com

Service dept installed ac evaporator without orifice tube I had to take it to another shop and pay them to fix what dumb dumb ford
    Couldnt. They wont even accept the idea that they made a mistake. This dealers customer service sucks from the service manager
    To the sales manager to the owner they dont even return phone calls. I contacted ford what a waste of time that was. Stay away from this dealer! I'll be selling my 2 fords soon.

• Bz
      30th of Jul, 2009
    Ford - bad cars bogus contracts
    GALARZA MOTOR SPORT
    1601 N. Broadway
    Crest Hill
    Illinois
    Phone: (815)723-9777

I would not recommend anyone to purchase a vehicle from galarza. I purchased a car and the same day I drove it off the lot we had to bring it back the transmission was messed up, they gave of the run around and we asked for our money back but they refuse to give it back, i'm stuck with the car now. The contract they gave me was bogus so is the warranty paper. Every one that i know purchased a vehicle from galarza has complained about their care breaking down on more than one occasion. So please don't make the same mistake. Before going the galarza I was not approved for a loan from any other dealers that should have told me something was wrong with the dealers. If i wasn't approved there how come they were approving my credit at galarza, because it a phonie company everything about them is wrong .

• Ba
      18th of Aug, 2009

2017 Ford Escape, Cracked crossmember due to very bad weld, Ford declined to fix it because we
    were 4, 000 miles over our 36, 000 mile warrenty. Cost me out of pocket $639. I told ford this was a saftey issue, but all they would say is sorry you over your warrenty. Check out the photos

• Vi
      13th of Jan, 2010
    Ford - coil springs

Anyone with a 2017 Ford Taurus with broken coil springs:
    Though a recall has not been issued for the 2017, there is a recall for the 1999-2017, leaving all of us with the 2017 to pay for the repair ourselves when Ford should cover it! I have spoken to several Ford dealer mechanics who cannot believe the 2017 was never recalled, and I am asking that anyone with this issue follow up with Ford and the NHTSA so that we all get help with this! If you have already repaired this, you get reimbursed if there is a recall; they just need enough complaints to put it into motion! Call the Ford Customer Relations line at 800-392-3673 and the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236. This is a safety and fairness issue that should not be ignored!!!

19th of Jul, 2010
    Ford - dishonest service
    Ford of Upland
    Ford of Upland
    Upland
    California
    Phone: 909 946-5555

This dealership cannot be trusted at all times. They will lure you and screw you!!! My 2017 expedition engine blew up with 62, 000 miles on it. I took it to ford of upland for repair. After paying almost $6, 000 for replacing the engine, 10 miles driving off the service lot, my engine had a leak, something was was not installed correctly. After a month, I took the expedition back for a smoke coming out of my vents, the service manager jason forsythe informed me that they refused to work on my car. What a rip-off!!!

19th of Jul, 2010

I had the same experience with this dealership!!! Stay away from Upland Ford they are the most dishonest service company!!!

• Bl
      14th of Dec, 2010
    Ford - lying bullies
    Ford

Ford new holland auto group in new holland pa 17557 (508 w. Main street new holland, pa 17557) is the last place on earth where you should purchase a new or used vehicle! The service at ford new holland auto group is completely unacceptable. They are not professional. I can not believe the way we were treated by these people. I would never recommend anyone to buy a vehicle from these people not even my worst enemy. They were not honest in their conversations so I can only imagine what they are hiding in the quality of the vehicles they are trying to sell.