Ford N1 City Cape Town / quality of service / lack of communication / poor service from staff

1 Cape Town, South Africa

Disappointing Service from Ford N1 City Cape Town

I'm absolutely shocked at the level of service provided by Ford N1 City Branch in Cape Town. I purchased my Ford Eco Sport in March 2016 and from collection I received poor service. 8 months after receipt the oil light came on and I then contacted Ford to book a service. After dropping the car for the day the service adviser said it's not due for the service and advised that the Automatic Eco Sport is known for this problem. SHOULD THIS NOT HAVE BEEN MENTIONED WHEN BOOKING THE CAR IN?

I also advised her that there is a shudder when pulling away. The service consultant said they repaired it but the shudder was still there. We contact them the very next day and complained about a noise on the back wheel when braking. We were told it was a stone that could have caused the problem which is total BS. SERIOUSLY. The consultant also said if it is a stick stuck in the wheel then the warranty will not cover it but the noise was only evident after it came back from the service.

It was also noted that the clutch has to be replaced on a 8 month old car and they needed to check if it is covered by the warranty. The assessment on the clutch was done on Friday 28-10-2016 and to date we have not received any feedback. I contacted Derrick the Service Manager and 2 weeks later NO follow and problem not resolved. I received a call thereafter from the after service consultant and explained my experience and he promised me that someone will contact me. Yet again I have received no call.

An