Ford Motor Company / fusion battery terminal corrosion
My 2006 Fusion had 37, 000 miles on it (36, 000 was warranty) when it left me sitting. The battery terminal had corroded in half, the battery post was damaged, and a jumper wire was also corroded. I had been religious about having the car serviced (I was travelling for cancer treatments and needed something dependable) and had it in for a final once over and oil change at 35, 900 mi. The car was only 2 yrs. old !! There is no way that the terminal should have caused all of that damage !! Our dealership couldn't do anything since it was out of warranty, but they did say they would give us back a percentage of the cost - don't know what percent. It's cost me over $400 so far and the jumper wire is well over another $450. Ford won't do anything. There was a new Mercury in for the same thing when we had my car there. Too coincidental. I've written their customer complaint dept. for months - they just send back form letters saying there is nothing they can do. We have been a Ford family all of our lives - but no more.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Credit - ford credit mistakes 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - 2013 Ford Edge Sunroof Exploded
- Ford Motor Company - My 2013 Ford Focus SE.
- Ford Motor Company - Transmission
- Ford Motor Company - 2012 Ford Focus
- Ford Motor Company - RAV ..reaquired vehicle department is fraud