Ford Motor Company / peeling paint from hood of 2012 explorer
I bought a 2012 Ford Explorer about a year and a half ago from Whaling City Ford. The vehicle had 20, 000 miles on it when i purchased it. I now have noticed the paint on the front edge of the hood beginning to bubble and peel. I took the vehicle to Whaling City Ford to see what they would do about it. I was told that because the vehicle was out of warranty, they would not fix it. They took photos of it and sent it to Ford Motor Co. but Ford said no as it was out of warranty. I went to an auto body shop and the person there told me that Ford should fix it because it is a factory defect. They didn't paint it properly.
I have since been checking online and found that i am not the only one having this problem. It appears a lot of people are having the same issues with the same results. Ford will not cover it.
I think my next move is to bring a class action suit against Ford Motor Co. which at this point seems to be the only solution.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - my 2016 ford fiesta
- Ford Motor Company - deceitful practices and horrible customer service
- Ford Motor Company - 2019 f-150 lariat, crew cab with v-6 eco boost engine
- Ford Motor Company - 2015 ford fusion se hybrid
- Ford Motor Company - 2017 ford f150 leaking water on the driver side floor board for the third time