Ford Motor Company / peeling paint from hood of 2012 explorer

May 6, 2015
Whaling City Ford
New London
I bought a 2012 Ford Explorer about a year and a half ago from Whaling City Ford. The vehicle had 20, 000 miles on it when i purchased it. I now have noticed the paint on the front edge of the hood beginning to bubble and peel. I took the vehicle to Whaling City Ford to see what they would do about it. I was told that because the vehicle was out of warranty, they would not fix it. They took photos of it and sent it to Ford Motor Co. but Ford said no as it was out of warranty. I went to an auto body shop and the person there told me that Ford should fix it because it is a factory defect. They didn't paint it properly.
I have since been checking online and found that i am not the only one having this problem. It appears a lot of people are having the same issues with the same results. Ford will not cover it.
I think my next move is to bring a class action suit against Ford Motor Co. which at this point seems to be the only solution.

N  10th of Nov, 2011 by

Ford Motor Company - engine failure
ford motor company

2002 F-150 Super Cab w/ 5.4l engine. spark plug ejection from head. No recall on this problem costing consumers thousands of $$$

Ford Motor Company Logo Ford Motor Company