Ford Motor Company / terrible experience!

1 MI, United States Review updated:

Not happy with the service from the Ford Motor Company. I have a 2002 Ford F-150 that has been in the shop for about four months now. Have paid for the work that has been done. They are still unable to find problem and fix it. Very unhappy about the run around that I have received. Can only get phone # to customer service with little help. The dealership has loaned me a car. But this is not much help to me when I need my truck. I have been nice and as understanding as I can be. But I have about had all this I can stand!!!

Comments

28th of Jan, 2008

in august 1997 we received a recall notice for the cruise control problem in our 1997 grand marquis. have heard nothing but delays ever since. first delay til sept 1997 then oct 1997 then dec 1997 then dec 1997 then jan 2008. contacted our dealer today and was told they are now delayed til march or april 2008.what gives FORD? YOU MUST have a bunch of complaints by now. please fix this problem. i would appreciate a response to this e-mail. thanks i think. james kaveshan

28th of Jan, 2008

regarding complaint 36716 i have erred in the years posted. please change 1997 to 2007 in all cases. thanks. james kaveshan

• Na
      10th of Feb, 2008

I have received this email from ford. I hsve copied the email below. Pls chk bcos i feel some gang is trying to misuse the company's brand name ford?

regards

naveen.

CITI-LINKS COURIER SERVICE

United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (702) 401 0699
    Call Time: 24hrs

REG NO: 3464353

ATTN:Naveen Supriya,

You are welcome to CitiLinkz Courier Ltd an affiliate of the Ford Motors Promo. We are pleased to be at your service. CitiLinkz Courier Service is regulated and Stipulated by the Financial Service Authority (FSA), the financial institutions that governs all financial activities in the United Kingdom.

This office has been notified by the FORD MOTORS PROMO on the amount of (£500,000.00 GBP). won by you in the Year edition of their promotion. This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept of the Ford Motors Promo.

Your Parcel has been classified a top priority delivery. The description of the parcel to be delivered is stated below:

An original certificate of weight: -------------0.15kg
    Bonded draft of weight : -------------0.17kg
    Total weight of parcel : ------------- 0.32kg
    Color of Parcel : -------------Brown

The original copy of your winning certificate, your winning cheque and the covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the United Kingdom stating that the money was obtained legally through the Ford Motors Promo Organisation and will be sent to you as soon as you meet with any of the selected option:

You can now begin the final step of the claims process. With regards to this, there are three options open to you, you are required to choose the most convenient of the three options to enable us commence with the delivery.

NOTE: Citilinkz Courier Service: Do not operate on Cash On Delivery (COD). And we do not accept transfer via: Cheques Or Draft. Only Cash Wire Transfer.

COURIER CHARGES FIRST OPTION

{5-Days Delivery}
    Administrative £100.00 00
    TOTAL IN INR:: £300.00 GB
    24,112.85 INR

NOTE: The charges cannot be deducted from your winnings. This is in accordance with section 13 (1) (n) of the National Gambling Act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds and wininning situations. Moreover,you are reqiured to send payment charges via our assigned agent in India , of what ever option you have choosen to our dispatch agent , who is incharge of sending you your cheque and winning documents.

Please respond to this e-mail by making a selecation from the three options above. Also attach a scanned copy of either your driver's licence, international passport (photo page) or any other legally identifying document for secure delivery of your cheque to you.

Send your response to indicate your option within the next 24hrs. This is because you only have seven (7) working days to claim this cheque and after this period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be return back to the Ford Motors Promo....

Your urgent reply will be most welcome.
    Regard
    Mr Louis Benson,
    (GM) CitiLinkz Courier Service
    ***************************************************************************************************

CITI-LINKS COURIER SERVICE

{5-Days Delivery}
    Administrative £100.00 00
    TOTAL IN INR:: £300.00 GB
    24,112.85 INR

Good luck and Congratulations once again. Please send your response within the next 24hrs to enable us expedite action on your parcel.

Your urgent reply will be most welcome.
    Regard
    Mr Louis Benson,
    (GM) CitiLinkz Courier Service

13th of Feb, 2008

I purchased the above listed Van new and after 2 years 3 months it began ticking when first started. As the weather began to get colder the ticking noise became louder, lasted for a longer period of time (up to 5 minutes) and seemed to spread throughout the engine. I brought the Van to a Dealer and when leaving it for the night and starting it in the morning the dealer agreed that he heard the noise stating it was probably "Piston Slap". He then stated he ran a diagnostic with no problems found. In the report he states "all these engines are noisy". I now have until June of 2008 until my Warranty runs out. I only have 20,000 miles, so my concern is not exceeding the 36,000 mile warranty without repair. The noise cannot be normal. I have a video that I will send ounce I determine your e-mail address. I spoke with Lawyers who want to act in my behalf. I would like to keep the Van but need assurance for repair or replacement.

• Sh
      20th of Mar, 2008

I got a mail from your company that i have got prize of 500000 GBP and citi-link courier service has sant me a option that i have to pay some amount of Rs 25000 i think its a fake mail so please kindly check it and reply me and am sending a mail which i got from your company.

regards
    shilpa

FORD MOTORS PROMO
    (FIDUCIARY DEPARTMENT)
    28 TANFIELD ROAD,
    CROYDON, LONDON.

ATTN: Shilpa,

Congratulations once more, our regards to your family. This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Department at the headquarters of the Ford Mottors Promo Annual Lottery Award .

The original copy of your winning certificate, together with a covering document (MoneyLaundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their Ford Mottors Promo Annual Lottery Award will be sent to you as soon Citi-link Courier Company. You can now begin the final steps of the claims process of your winnings of the £500, 000.00 (Five hundred thousand Great British Pounds).
    You are to confirm your Order Code which is BATCH NUMBER, Mail your desire Address which you want your package of the £500, 000.00 (Five hundred thousand Great British Pounds) in Cheque to be delivered to you immediately.

KINDLY CONTACT THE DISPATCHED COMPANY(Citi-Link Courier Company)

Mr Frank Ben
    United Kingdom.
    E-mail: citilinkcourierservice07@gmail.com
    Tell: +44 702 401 0699
    Fax: +44 700 593 8090

Congratulations once more, and note that you will have to meet some delivery charges required by the Citi-Link Courier company for the Delivery of your package in the next 48hours.Thank you for your time and patience. Do have a lovely day should you require any assistance, do not hesistate to contact me

CONGRATULATIONS! ONCE AGAIN FROM ALL THE STAFFS HERE.
    Sincerely,
    Mr. ROLAND MARIO,
    Fiduciary Agent.

• Su
      8th of Apr, 2008

Hi,
    i have also recieved mail from ford motors promo, that i have got prize of 100000 GBP and that would be delievered by citi-link courier service, plz tell me is it fake mail or what. Is it send by FORD Company..!!!

Pla find mail mentioned below.

Congratulations once more, our regards to your family. This means that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Department at the headquarters of the Ford Motors Promo Annual Lottery Award .Your Order Code is BATCH NUMBER : AT-040SB06-03 TICKET NUMBER: 2752246896

The original copy of your winning certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering Protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the Spainsh government stating that the money was obtained legally through their Ford Motors Promo Annual Lottery Award will be sent to you as soon Citi-links Courier Company. You can now begin the final steps of the claims process of your winnings of the €1, 000.000.00 (One Million Euro).
    You are to confirm your Order Code which is BATCH NUMBER : AT-040SB06-03 TICKET NUMBER: 2752246896 . Mail your desire Address which you want your package of the €1, 000.000.00 (One Million Euro) in Cheque to be delivered to you immediately.

• Mi
      10th of May, 2008

OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY

My name is [name omitted] and I have purchased at least 10 new Ford cars/trucks over my life span. The latest being a 2005 F-150. My truck was taken into a dealership for an engine problem at 19, 993 miles. The service department dismantled my motor in order to make the repairs. (Replaced cam phaser) The repairs were covered under my 36, 000/3Yr. warranty and took 4 days. The very day I picked it up the problem (loud ticking/knocking noise from motor i.e. defective cam phaser) was still present. I returned the vehicle to the same dealership within 24 hours and had only added 13 miles within the pick/up drop/off phase. It took the dealership 33 days and emailing pictures to a Ford Service Engineer to make a claim that my motor had “excessive oil sludge” and as such was an indicator that I had not maintained my vehicle. You see, I could only provide two oil change receipts when I needed to provide three, which DOES NOT indicate that I did not have three oil changes I just couldn’t produce ONE receipt. Ford Motor denied the claim for warranty work solely based on lack of maintenance (a violation per the warranty not to mention the unreasonable repair time which should not be more than 30days) and cancelled my warranty. How their Ford Certified Mechanics missed what they now claimed to be ‘excessive oil sludge’ on the first visit remains a mystery to date. I was left for SIX MONTHS without use of my vehicle. Did I mention it needed a new motor? Yes the dealership quoted me $6500 to put in a new motor. Although they could never give a diagnosis of what was wrong they knew it needed a new motor. Eventually an independent arbitration hearing through the BBB concluded that Ford Motor Company should have made those warranted repairs on the customers second attempt and any discoveries of “excessive oil sludge” and any warranty issues should have been addressed at the time of the first repair attempt. Ford Motor Company clearly used lies and misleading information to delay costly warranted repairs to my vehicle and was successful for SIX MONTHS. During those six months I had to continue making my payments as well as pay for alternate transportation(rental car at $1, 000 a month) I had to pay for independent assessments which was money well spent as it proved that my motor DID NOT have “excessive oil sludge”. There was tow expenses incurred; I had a small landscaping business for 3 years that went under as a result of not having use of my truck for SIX MONTHS. Indeed this six month ordeal has cost me plenty. Suffice it to say that Ford Motor Company spent big bucks retaining an attorney to represent them in a small claims action I filed in Cobb County, Atlanta, Ga. against them to reimburse me out-of-pocket expenses. But, I understand, as Ford least of all wants precedent set against them in a court of law.((Read your warranties carefully folks, as long as manufacturer’s warranty is not WRITTEN in an unconscionable manner, their pretty much given a license to act unconscionable even fraudulent). What I find so reprehensible is that Ford does not stand by their product. Apparently Ford Motor Company has no issue with leaving their customers out of their new vehicle for SIX MONTHS and will lie and misrepresent facts to do so. In doing so however, in essence, Ford Motor Company is willingly, publicly admitting that they manufacture motors that will need full replacement at less than 20, 000 because the cam phasers in this make and model are defective and cause motor failure.(This was the case with my truck) I applaud Ford Motor Company for their courage to do so. I, in fact, will be contacting every media outlet in the United States of America to get word out to the public that Ford Motor Company has made this perfectly clear through their actions or lack of. I may not get the thousands of dollars of out of pocket expenses I incurred as a result of Ford’s deceitful tactics but I will have satisfaction in knowing that I made the public aware so that they may avoid the hell I went through with Ford Motor Company. I will be paying for a spot in the Atlanta Journal Constitution to run this open letter and hope that other media outlets will pick up on this story namely CNN whose offices and studio are located in the city which I reside and where the vehicle was purchased, Atlanta, Ga.

BUILT FORD Tough?? I don’t think so.

• He
      20th of Nov, 2008

Take all your worthless overprices cars that nobody buys and let them rust. And have your high school assemblymen making $78, 000 or more a years and have them get real jobs.

No taxpayer money for ###s like Ford, GM or Chrysler. Let you company die. You are all dinosaurs. You build cars with pisspoor efficiency and plastic bodies.

• Ti
      20th of Apr, 2009

I HAVE A 2004 FORD F350 LARIAT WITH THE 6.0 LITER POWERSTROKE ENGINE IN IT. IN THE PAST FOUR MONTHS IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 6 TIMES FOR NUMEROUS PROBLEMS. IT SEEMS THAT EVERY 2 TO 3 WEEKS MY TRUCK IS IN THE SHOP FOR SEVERAL DAYS, LEAVING ME WITHOUT A VEHICLE. I HAVE MADE NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO CONACT THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT, WHICH MIGHT I ADD IS A TOTAL JOKE. I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF A WOMAN FROM THE FORD HEADQUARTERS IN MICHIGAN. HER NAME IS LYNN AND HER NUMBER IS 313-845-6232. SHE WAS WONDERING HOW I GOT HER NUMBER OR WHY I CALLED HER INSTEAD OF THE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE. SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS CALL HER DIRECTLY. ITS TIME THAT FORD STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS... MAKE THEM DO THEIR JOB!!! I TOLD FORD IM NOT PAYING FOR THE REPAIRS ITS IN THE SHOP FOR NOW. I ALSO TOLD THEM I WANT THE ESP FREE OF CHARGE. I TOLD THEM IF THEY FAIL TO DO SO I WILL FILE MY COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB AND THEN GO ON TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND TAKE THEM TO THE CLEANERS. MY TRUCK IS UNDER WARRANTY AND THERE IS NO REASON THEY SHOULDNT FIX IT, AND FIX IT RIGHT!!! I WILL GO TO ANY EXTENT TO PUSH THIS ISSUE AND GET WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE. I WILL ALSO PUBLISH ALL THE INFORMATION TO ANYONE CONSIDERING BUYING A FORD. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION OR HAS ANY QUESTIONS... E-MAIL ME AT MIDWESTTURFDESIGNINC@HOTMAIL.COM. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

• Jm
      10th of Jun, 2009

has anyone had any trouble with their tires on their new ford or mercury? we had three bad tires within two weeks.

• Ju
      1st of Feb, 2010

I own a 2005 Ford Escape, the catalytic converter wen't bad.It was covered under warranty, now Bergy's Ford in 700 N Bethlehem pike, Ambler, Pa, Is saying it'll cost $ 1, 200 to fix it ! Why is this problem costing me, when this a warranty problem? Can this problem be fixed under the warranty without costing me? Vin # IFMYU93125KA21374...Please contact me at mhespell@comcast.net or 215-264-9908 with an answer!

4th of Jan, 2016

My name is Marco Moya, and I ordered on November 2015 a hinge for my 2004 Ford Escape, and I never received the part. My order # is 15-22877871. Please let me know if I'm going to received my refund or what can I do to received my money back. Thanks.

• Pa
      22nd of Aug, 2016

The message board for Ford is turning into to political message this should stop ok a little may be fun but this is getting over done supposedly by a few people using different names. It should be used for what is was designed for.