Ford Motor Company / ford fiesta power steering control module failure
I'm owner of ford fiesta xtr registered on jan 2/2013. Out of the blues on last saturday (Feb 4/2018) my power steering control module warning light pop-up followed by esp & hill start assist indicator.
Communicated to sdac jalan ipoh advice to tow to nearest service center since it still below 5 years & 200k km (Current mileage 88, 416). So today morning the towing came and bring it there. After hour the service adviser come out with 2 info;
1. U3000 control module pscm
2. Oxy sensor 2
Both items require to be change!!! I do asking what may cause such terrible damage, he reply not sure they just do diagnosis.
Asking if these cover under warranty? There's may not be possible due to 1 of my service after 60k slightly over.
Total replacement cost nearly myr10, 000.00?
I do have 5 years experience in manufacturing power steering column assembly myself at trw automotive chassis system malaysia with hq in livonia, michigan, usa and each steering column assy should last more than 5 years!!!
I do need better justification on the failure that currently happening.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Ford Motor Company - scheduling an oil change and fuel filter change
- Ford Motor Company - poor customer service waldorf ford
- Ford Motor Company - focus sport 2017
- Ford Motor Company - 2007 ford freestyle manufactured in may of 2006