Ford Motor Company / electric vacuum pump extended repair
I am putting out this complaint because I am very dissatisfied in the way my defective vacuum pump is not being covered under warranty. I am not the original truck owner so I did not receive the service letter about field service action # 15N05 which states my electric vacuum pump, which is causing my brakes to malfunction, needed to be replaced in 10 years or 150, 000 miles. I brought it to the dealership to have it fixed and was told it was not covered under warranty because I have 160, 000 miles which was past the extended warranty. I truly believe that Ford should cover the cost of the defective part considering the letter stating the limitations was not sent to me so this could be fixed in a timely manner. Now I have to pay $650.00 for a defective part that should still be covered under warranty. I will never buy a FORD vehicle again and I will more than likely be dumping this heap before more goes wrong with it since I will not be receiving any further communication about defective parts that could be on this truck.
Updated by Donna Houpy, May 07, 2018
I am glad you agree. Ford should have done a recall and fixed the problem no matter the mileage. Thank you for your post.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window
- Ford Motor Company - sync
- Ford Motor Company - shotgun giveaway from gotham ford