Ford Motor Company / customer service is not responsive

I purchased our 2007 Ford F-150 4x4 new and immediately complained to the dealer about not being able to read one gauge during daylight because of the color arrangement; and about there not being an insert drawer for the center console like on our other Ford F-150's. There was a third issue involving the brake/gas pedal but someone made an illegal adjustment and corrected the design flaw. The dealer claimed all three were Ford issues (not dealer issues) and I believe he was correct. Several calls to the so called Ford Customer Care line along with e-mails did not obtain a response. Their Customer Care line is a joke. I was being ignored by Ford on these issue and over a year later still am. I finally contacted a regional manager who passed the complaint to Ford HQ although it was not in his area. Eventually a couple of "Engineers" met me at the local dealership to look at my truck. However, they were not prepared because they did not have another truck to compare it to, or so they said. They were also doubtful this was our 6th new F-150 because they could not find the other purchases in their computer. The local service manager easily took care of that for them. I have never heard back from them or Ford about my complaints and even sent more correspondence including letters to the President, etc. So the bottom line Ford is you have lost me and my family as long-term loyal customers because you blew me off and would not correct two very easily to fix problems. In addition to my new 4x4 every three years, the daughter will go with a different brand van, the son-in law with a different brand pick up because he is also less than happy about your "Customer Care, ", and the step-son with something other than a Ford SUV. Hopefully, lots of people who read this complaint will shop else where as well.

Va

Comments

• El
      9th of Apr, 2009

two yrs ago we leased a 2007 ford focus., had problems within 15, 000 miles w/the perille tires., rotated at least 3 times in the 2 yrs, turned it into dean arbor ford, at end of lease, purchased a 2009 ford fusion., to our shock, one week later we rec'd a bill from FMC stating we owe $520.00 for new perille tires. too much wear., these tires are suppose to be warranted to 40, 000 miles, car was turned in at 31, 000 miles. Have always leased from FMC but we are forced to pay this bill, which Ford & Perille should be standing up to their warranty) we are through w/FMC & Perille. This ia a slap in the face to consumers every wear. We have always been loyal customers to Ford and apparantly they don't care anymore. We have always leased w/FMC for over 20 years but guess it is over now. Come on Ford., stand up for the car we leased and don't let the consumer pay for your faults.

Sincerely,

E. Hargraves

9th of Apr, 2009

Ford Motor Co. is making the customer pay for their mistakes, first of all, putting bad perille tires on their cars. The Ford Dealer in Petoskey Michigan states they will not even use Perille tires because of all the complaints and performance of the tire. Should never have to replace tires at 31, 000 when warranted up to 40.000 miles., we never even left the state of michigan. what an insult to their loyal customers.

9th of Apr, 2009

ford will be losing many customers because they just don't care. what a bad attitude to take., lets just pass this on to the consumer!!!
    we are now through w/ever buying another car, etc., from ford motor co.

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

Elizabeth you state Ford not care.I have one question to ask and that is at 31, 000 miles how many times have the tires been rotated.Only then can one determine whether you have a legitimate complaint.If your answer is twice or less you only have yourself to blame.Most people rarely leave their state so that statement just does not make any sense at all.I also live in Michigan and know that the stellar roads we drive on might be to blame.Ford Motor is not always at fault.The Explorer tire problem was mostly the fault of people that were too lazy or ignorant to check the air pressure in their tires.

• Je
      1st of Sep, 2017

@disgusted in detroit You are ignorant for making assumptions!

• Di
      14th of Jun, 2009

Elizabeth read your owners manual, Ford reccomends a tire rotation every 5000 miles.This is not because of crummy tires, it is because of the fact that is order to get a car to handle and ride the way they do today the car is much more sensitive than it was even ten years ago.Sounds like you are one of the people who turns in a car with the owners manual still wrapped in plastic.I have owned Ford vehicles since the 80's and manage to get well over 150, ooo miles out of them on a regular basis.I also follow the maintenace recomendations to the letter.Too many people just put gas into a car and drive it because no one ever explained to them how to maintain a car.You lease your cars and probably have the attitude that it is only a lease but read the fine print on that lease agree- ment where it states that you are responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle.I have seen too many cars with seized engines because of this attitude and lessees with $5000 bills for new engines.The only way to make sure the maintenance gets done is to include it into the price of the car so the ignorant think it is free like BMW does.

• Je
      1st of Sep, 2017

@disgusted in detroit Sure is a lot of assumptions by you. Really ignorant behavior. I have my tires rotated and they failed prematurely on my Lincoln MKZ. Guess what, they took care of it.

• Ev
      11th of Jan, 2010

Hello
    I just wanted to inform the media of the scam Ford Motor Company is hiding within their extended warranty programs for the customers who have purchased them. I have a 04 Ford Van I purchased new from C&C Ford in Horsham Pa & upon tring to get it serviced under the extended warranty they refused to repair a transmission gasket & power steering pump gasket that are clearly faulty as I have the pictures to show but according to them they have to be actually dripping on the ground for the repair & until then they will not do anything for me but the warranty states all seals & gaskets are covered but dosn't go into any kind of detail on the fact that if it is not dripping on the ground then we don't fix it. I am sure the rest of the public is unaware of this & would like to be informed of the poor service Ford is offering the public...I have all the documentation & pictures to backup all my legitimate complaints & wish to expose this misconception of the true warranty you are purchasing from Ford

• Ly
      12th of Jan, 2010

how do I get someone at Ford to respond to a complaint. I love my Explorer, but will never buy another one until someone gets back to me. This is my third try. Actually have been thinking about a new one.
    l.jones1012@yahoo.com

• Ap
      15th of Sep, 2010

i bought a used 2000 ford ranger, i have to make monthly payments but cant drive this truck, in a effort to save money ford used plastic insyead of stainless steel or brass on the gas line, this plastic leaks so bad i cant believe it passed all saftey tests unless they paid a few people off.they cut costs on the fuel line??? the most dangerous part of a vehicle.and cut costs, how, they raise the price of their vehicles by thousands every year.how can the national traffic saftey board pass this fitting.i called junk yards in md, va, del, and pa.this part can not be found unless of course you go to ford and pay 197.00 .this world is so greedy, ford is the worse, then you know they pay off all these saytey tests.everyone should get ridof ford, just quit buying and let them go under.

18th of Jul, 2017

@a.piccioni That sucks you feel that way a I am experiencing the same issue on my
    1996 ford ranger with 156, 990 on it. I solved My probablm with common sense. Don't fill it all the way up! That way it doesn't leak or backsplash fuel on the ground. Remember that cash for clunkers program they had a while back yeah mabey you should have signed up for that because it sounds like you don't deserve to drive a Ford anyway.

• Ap
      15th of Sep, 2010

i will probably never buy another ford as long as i live, and i will do my best to talk other prople out of buying a ford.i owned ford all my life, know im on disability and i need them, they might as well tell me to die.

• Po
      16th of Nov, 2010

2008 for mustang, 31, 400 miles lower Lh and rh ball joints shot, 400.00 for new ones, paint bubbling, car is 37 months old so no warrenty, so more then likely this all acurred before 36 months, no I have to pay out of pocket. Also this means every 36 months I will be doing this again. Now I see how the CEO"S in the company get bonuses, its because how you screw the buyers by selling over priced parts and that the parts are crap. And your the [censor] who ask for bail outs from the government. Thats why its time to going with a foren car because at least they put warrenty;s on there vehicles and and stand by them. I figure in 6 years this car will be usless because it won;t last, I just don;t understand how you can make such a nice looking car thats actully built like crap. So next years the CEO:S will get another bonus, I will be puting complaints about your cars and let people know not to buy unless they want car problems as long as they own a ford

• Pa
      6th of Jan, 2011

I have tried to stay with Ford for years. I liked their mini-van and I now have a 2001 Taurus wagon. I bought it used in 2007. Since buying it I have hadto replace the divers side rotor twice and turned once. It seems I am going to have to do it again. The problem is starts when the weather gets bad, rainy and snowy/icy. The car locks up on the driverside and pulls in the right direction and won't stop. I want it fixed right and no one seems to know what the problem is that is causing this. Pam Billings

• La
      18th of Jan, 2011

I woul like to submitt a complaint on my Murcury Sable made by Ford.
    The car was in storage fo some years. It is a Murcury Sable 1998 with only 37, 000 miles on it.One morning I started it up to back out of the garage and before I got out of the driveway the brake line broke and the pedel went to the floor. I had it towed to aneer by garage. The b
    brake line was rusted out. They replacted 2 lines . Is this normal with so little miles on it? Could this be on recall. ? To me this is Safety Hazard.
    My email ia LLNIKOLAI@HOTMAIL. COM

• La
      18th of Jan, 2011

Please Reply

• Ph
      16th of Feb, 2011

I bought a 2002 ford escape, now have replaced all four brake lines, all of them cracked while driving them. three months a ago my youngest daughter bought a 2002 ford escape. while she was driving home ( Detroit lakes, mn.) form Duluth, mn. for christmas vacation her brake line cracked while coming into the small town of Macgregor, mn. It was a bad accendent, almost taken her and her friends life. I will not buy a ford and will not let any of my family buy one

• Be
      9th of Mar, 2011

I had to get my 99 Ford Expedition towed 3 times since Dec 30 2010. A new fuel pump was installed on that date. Again on Feb 22, 2011, the "new" fuel pump fix broke down again, the dealership Homer Skelton of Olive Branch MS writing on the invoice that the "wrong" fuel was installed. I am waiting for a tow now. Same problem, vehicle won't start, fuel pump not kicking on. Your dealership service depts are not the efficient professional people Mike Rowe talks on the tv ads. The only thing yoou have to sell is service!!! We can go anywhere and buy a car and get a pretty good deal, so why can't your dealership fix my exped.

• Li
      16th of Mar, 2011

My vehicle a Ford Mariner, needs a part that only Ford makes - the car is not operational without it.

Today for the first time in 10+ months, I am able to get my car back, but this has been since May 2010.

Every month since may I was pushed off by Ford then they push it off to another month and so May turned to June; June turns to July and so on...it's now March 2011.

No one at Ford seems to care that I was without my vehicle which I needed for work. I have had to rent a car. The lease holder has required me to continue to pay the lease for a vehicle which was not operational + added insurance on it as well. They also don't care about this situation either. The lease company has reported me to the credit agencies.

There is only a P.O. Box address to reach the CEO of Ford or someone that could hopefully help for re: remuneration for the nearly 1 year of pain and suffering and huge expenses I had to incur.

Why should I have to pay for their issues???!!!

• Do
      5th of May, 2011

I know anyone buying a car from a dealership is going to get a lesson in bending over a desk. Its also known that they will try to make the most off of a customer as possible. Thats just fact. However, after i bought the vehicle...it seems they constantly screw up addresses to receive tags, payment books, and have to go through a whole staff of people to find one that knows whats going on. The rest aimlessly wonder the showroom looking for a victim disregarding the one they never finished sucessfully. Basicly, 85 % of the rest dont know their ### from a drain pipe.

Now, Mr Ford? Educate your people better than that. You didnt milk that "bailout" you were offered that Dodge paid back, and GM never paid back with tax dollars of "we the people" so im not giving up on you yet. However, dont screw everyone to compensate. You need to teach your people to "finish the ###ing job" so I dont have to take days off of work to track down stuff that didnt get mailed correctly...because someone didnt listen.

If you keep this up, im thinking eventually a customer much worse off than me might do something drastic in return. Newspaper headlines report this kind of stuff everyday. Just something to think about there, Mr Henry.
    Considering how a salesman likes to play "hide and seek?" with interest charges, It might be soon someone recognizes you as a "finantial terrorist" and deals with you as such. I couldnt do that, but i bet theres a lot of others that can.
    Ill dig sewer ditches for minimum wage before I have a job treating people like ###. My conscience is clear simply shoveling it.

Also, you keep paying "Mike Rowe' to get people into Ford's. He can only do so much. He cant do everyone elses dealership jobs or responsibilities too. Think about what you sell people. Quality might be job 1 for you, but its obvious your service sucks. Tighten up on it Henry, and take it from someone a little younger. You could put the other "big 2" out of biz considering your bold patriotism and good product . Why dont you use the oppurtunity to do so. Just a thought here. -DP

23rd of Dec, 2011

2012 explorer antenna catching on garage door

• Po
      23rd of Dec, 2011

I've talk at least 5 people out of buying a ford after I showed them the problems I;ve had so ford has lost at least 80 to 100 thousand because of what I;ve showed them and ford no doing anything to fix the problem, I;m asking toyota to do a connercial and show the public pictures of what ford won;t fix, ha ha ha Soon the paint will have peeled half way up the hood

• Zi
      21st of Apr, 2015

I have purchased a 2013 ford expedition limited from aljazirah ford in Jeddah last year and now it has 20, 000 km on the odometer.
    I have taken it in for service due to the following problems that should all be covered under warranty:
    1- The electric side step is broken, it is stuck open and makes a grinding sound when activated.
    2- The sunroof makes noise as if it is loose when driving.
    3- The brakes shake and vibrate when applying the brakes.
    4- The engine is vibrating slightly when at idle.
    It has been in service since the 6th of april. Repair order number 12947 and 17957. Service advisor is Abdulkareem Hussain (mobile +966 503929065).
    The first problem is that this service advisor rarely answers my calls. And when he does, he mis-informs me as if he wants to get rid of me.
    Now, 20 days later I have been promised by him that I will receive my car tomorrow. I call again and he says tomorrow. This nonsense has been going on for the past week.
    I could have bought the part needed from ebay ignoring the warranty and been over with it instead of this heartache showing that he doesn’t care one bit.
    I am very upset, this is the worst service I have ever experienced, all based on lies and unprofessionalism. I really wish that I never bought this car.
    Take my word, I will not let this go easily, I will expose my experience all over social media and word of mouth of how poor the service is and how much this company doesn’t care and doesn’t honor warranty. And also will file a complaint to the ministry of commerce. He also wants to charge me for maintenance and the car is under warranty. Telling me that they will clean out the gas tank for 1600 SAR and clean the brakes for I don’t know how much. What kind of warranty is this? This is false advertising and cheating. And most of all, this causing me so much inconvenience having to be without my car for 20 days and going.
    Today I have called him and he said that they are calculating the parts and labor costs I will receive my car today. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CALCULATE A CAR THAT IS UNDER WARRANTY?
    I am very disappointed and feel that I am being fooled. What will happen if more serious issues arise in the future? Will they keep my car for a year?
    I will escalate this to the highest level I am tired of this ###. I have even asked for the mechanical issues to be ignored and just give me back my car and no luck!
    This is the last ford I will ever buy.
    Now do the necessary to please give me back my car and honor your warranty and advise the people here to stop playing games with me.