Ford Credit / the worst business I have ever dealt with!

I have recently applied for a mortgage, and received a copy of my current credit report. Since I was a victim of True-Name-Fraud, there were many accounts on the report that were not mine. Including one for a 99 Ford Explorer. I proceeded to call your customer service center so that I may receive a letter from your company stating that I have been erroneously reported. I spoke with 3 different customer service representatives. Each representative asked for my account number (the number was listed on my credit report)..I gave it to them, and they all told me the same thing. 'This is for a 99 Ford Explorer'. I proceeded to tell them that I do not..and never have, owned a ford explorer. They asked for my social. So I gave it to them. Lo and Behold, they tell me 'This isn't you on the account' (well, really..I've been trying to tell you that) I asked for a letter stating what they had just told me. Unfortunatly, they CANNOT GIVE ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO ANYBODY BUT THE ACCOUNT HOLDER. (i was in possession of the account number). All I wanted was a piece of paper that cleared my name from a loan that wasn't even mine. I asked to speak to a manager. After a 5 minute screaming match, I finally yelled DO YOU NOT POSSESS THE USE OF MICROSOFT WORD?..and hung up.

I had to file a police report, contact all THREE credit agencies, THEN hire a credit counseling service to get them to write a letter to the credit companies.

I feel disgusted. I have never, ever had a loan with these people. My credit is on the line, because they FAIL to check references. It's sad that somebody can go to a dealership and get a loan with my name and address and a DIFFERENT social number.

Thanks for nothing. You people are the worst business I have EVER dealt with.

Am

Comments

• Il
      12th of Dec, 2008

People who whine the loudest usually are just full of hot air. There are simple processes in place to clear your credit report. You will have to prove you are who you say you are and NOT the perpetrator of fraud yourself. The customer is NOT always right. You must settle down, think like an adult, use the web and all it's knowledge so you may traverse the correct courses in life rather than sticking your head in the mud and expecting clean air.

• Me
      5th of Oct, 2009

Microsoft Word? Do you not possess the use of Microsoft Word? I think just maybe you might be possessed by Microsoft Word.

• Am
      19th of Oct, 2011
    Ford Motor Credit - Worst business I have EVER dealt with
    Ford Motor Credit

Thanks for nothing. You people are the worst business I have EVER dealt with.