Foot Locker / crooks

1 TX, United States Review updated:

A couple years ago I bought some Nike shoes for my mother from a Foot Locker. Well they didnt work out so I went to exchange them and didnt find anything that she would like. So when I went for a return (receipt in hand) the Manager said he didnt have the cash, and I said "Put it back on my debit card." Manger replied, "Our CC machine is broken it wont scan." So, I said "Well then give me a store gift card." Manager replied, "We are out of gift cards." So, i happen to have one on hand from a previous purchase and I said, " Well here put it on this." Manager replied, "Oh no it wont allow us to do that." Basically, He wanted to hit his goal for the day so he was trying to stick me with shoes that I couldnt use and didnt need just so he could make his day. And thats not the only Foot Locker location they do that at.. Its every one i go to its impossible to do a return. So, I refuse to shop at a Foot Locker. I dont let my family or friends even go in there when they are with me. I use to work for Foot Locker inc and i saw it done all the time.

Al

Comments

• Al
      16th of Dec, 2010

oooooor I just came across this website and saw similar complaints and thought id throw mine in there. But, if i had waited two years to write it as you stated "because i wasnt that upset" that would make it ok for them to treat their customers that way? And, if i had waited two years to return the shoes why would they tell me no in a round about way?.. why wouldnt they just say, "Read the bottom of the receipt theres a time limit on returns/exchanges." You must work there?.. Well lets just say I went to Finish Line that same day and spent $500 on shoes and athletic gear. So, Your manager may or may not have made his daily goal by refusing to do my return. But he lost a family of customers that include 2 avid runners, their mother who buys 2pairs of shocks every 3months, and their brother who likes his Air Forces fresh and new. Wether you think i was that upset or not.. i have not stepped foot in a Foot Locker since that day and NEVER will. Please have valid arguments next time you want to comment on someones complaints. Peace

• Po
      17th of Dec, 2010

A lot of companies do not give cash back as a refund on debit cards. Often because they can't with their system and they don't have enough cash on hand.

• Ab
      17th of Dec, 2010

Thank you, Pobarjenkins, lets unearth the link.

• Po

What now?

• Mr
      23rd of Dec, 2010

I would never again shop at footlocker.com! They are basically a scam. I bought some pants and a pair of sneakers that I ended up returning because I didn't like them.. I spent $50 on them, and then returned it to the return address.. Waited over a month and finally received a refund for $22.. They said they would charge only $6.99 for the return shipping. I noticed $21 dollars was missing that they stolen from me. This is ridiculous, I emailed them several times and they NEVER respond to their emails. I even checked on their website for an address and they don't list their address on it. That's how they screw people.. I would suggest anyone who's experienced this please contact me millerd912@yahoo.com Let's report them to the BBB and Rip Off site..