Food World / Food World is consistently inconsistent

India Review updated:
Problem: One Grapes Packet = 65/- and All grapes packet weighed differently. Weight range 700 gms to 950 gms.

Place: Food World, Outer Ring Road, BTM Layout, Near Udipi Garden, Bangalore-76.

Food world Manager: Yashoda and one more person but I do not remember her name.

Items: 1 KG Apple and 1
packet grapes.

Date: March 30, 2007

Time: 11 AM

I had already weighed 1 kg apple and put them in my cart. I went on to buy grapes. For grapes it was written 65/- *per packet* . that thing made me think "what if packets weigh differently" . So I randomly selected 5-6 packets in my cart and went on to weigh them. Expecting some 30-40gms vaiance but I was dismayed to find that no 2 packets weighed same. Weight range was 700gms to 950gms.

I called first manager (i do not remember her name) showed her problem. But she did not find any problem there and what she did was really funny.

She took out a bunch of grapes from 740gms’ packet and put that into 950gms packet, which has now become 1.2 KG, and gave that packet to me. Acting smartly she told me that my problem is solved :)

I called the other manager, Yashoda. Hoping to see better intelligence but she too was ... :)

I had arguments with her but she failed to understand that I was arguing for consistency. I wanted her to give me written apology for such malpractices which she did not give though she promised me that she will sell grapes on *per kg* than selling them on per packet basis. I thought this was some improvement so went on to make bill. My 1.2kg grapes packet was billed on per packet basis i.e. 65/- :). You know argumenting always gives you returns.

Hoping them to improve I paid them one more visit a few days later and first thing I checked was grapes, whether they have changed per packet tag from them. And, to my surprise nothing was changed. Grapes were still being sold on per packet basis. So, again the weighing exercise was repeated and I realised that indeed nothing has changed. So, I straight walked out from there and went to FoodDays, which was certainly better.

So, this is what I learnt from my experiences:

1. Operational staff of food world consists of a bunch of idiots who have no iq to understand simple things
2. never go to food world again
3. if you happen to visit food world, please write your bad experiences here .

N  10th of May, 2011 by

Food World - Fraud person

There is a person called raju working as supervisor in food world shanti nagar near masabtank. He is a thief and stole my money when i went to ask for change. He has stolen my money and did not return the amount to me. I will soon report case against him to the area manager or a senior manager of food world for theft case against this person and remove him as soon as possibile. All customers beware of this thief who is working as a supervisor as he can loot your money also.