Food/Beverage / Poor Working Conditions

1 1111 Jefferson AvenueNewport News, VA, United States Review updated:

I love the manager of this Dunkin Donuts!! She if very sweet!! The donuts and coffee are always very fresh!! The place is always very clean, and all the employees are clean and nice when I go there!!
BUT for about 2 weeks in the month of January 2009 she was working without heat...it was in the teens temperture wise. The
police department even reported this information for her. Her boss in Williamsburg, Virginia promised to get her a new heater and it never showed up and then he stopped answering her phone calls!!! I tried to call and the phone line appeared dead.
What's up with this??????? I feel this is also a health concern.

Lori

Lo

Comments

7th of Feb, 2011

Williamsburg is full of corruption. If an employer wants to mistreat employees, a few bucks to one of the judges or the right police officer there, takes care of the whole problem. The evening shift of the entire James City County and Williamsburg police departments needs to be investigated, as do the judges and court personnel, but the FBI won't do it because of the connections between the town, counties and the CIA training facility at Camp Peary as well as the number of retired high ranking government officials who live there and run the local governments like their private Monopoly game.

7th of Feb, 2011

"For the patrons comfort". I have worked in and around Williamsburg for over 5 years. What the public perceives and what is real, are 2 different things. I worked in a well known chain where, right after the health inspectors knocked off for the day, the sewer in the kitchen would back up. It became an almost daily occurrence. We were forced by management to wade through the raw sewer with YOUR food. The health laws say they were supposed to close down and disinfect everything in the kitchen, but they never did. I have seen cooks stick their hands down their pants and touch the food, I have seen them pick it up from the floor and toss it on your plate. We are threatened that if we tell, we will never work again. You learn to keep your mouth shut, or you end up in jail. The whole town is a scam.