Food and Flix / Unauthorized charges

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

I had two $1.00 charges on my Visa from Food and Flix. I also had a $1.00 and a $29.95 charge from Deal Max. I did not authorize any of these charges.

I was able to contact Deal Max at [protected] and speak with a representative directly. "Sarah" was able to cancel my apparent membership and credit me back the charges. According to her, I signed up for their program when I purchased a Walmart gift card online. I've never shopped at Walmart so this makes no sense to me.

I tried to call Food and Flix at [protected] but they make it impossible to talk to a real person. I e-mailed them at membersavings@foodandflix.com. They replied and promised to cancel my membership and credit be back my two bucks. They said I signed up for their program by clicking on an ad banner. What?!

It appears that Food and Flix and Deal Max along with several other shady members-savings clubs are owned by AP9 Adaptive Marketing. AP9 is owned by Vertrue Inc. which is based in Norwalk, CT. Richard Fernandes is the current CEO. You can contact him at 20 Glover Ave, Norwalk, CT 06850

I don't know how they can get your credit info so check your statements often. Sure, what they took wasn't alot of money to me, but its MY MONEY that I work hard for. What kills me is that they're taking a dollar here and dollar there from thousands or maybe millions of people.

Sy

Comments

• De
      18th of Nov, 2008

STOP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT FOR SERVICES NEVER REQUESTED OR USED

26th of Nov, 2008

someone needs to answer me !!!

26th of Nov, 2008

HOW DO I GET YOU PEOPLE ON THE PHONE?!!!

Food and Flix - your stilling

you people have been taking money from me that i did NOTtell you to take!!!you owe me 35.00 NOW!!!-and it BETTER STOP!!!

• Ba
      3rd of Dec, 2008

i also was taken w ithout my permission i think food and flix is affiliated with deal max and at home rewards i would too like my money asap! or i will contact better business bureau

• Fr
      6th of Feb, 2009

My credit card was being charged and then I cancelled the charges. I have since been charged for a few months for no reason.

• Jb
      12th of Feb, 2009
    foodand flix - Unautherized charges

they keep deducting from checking. i dont know how to make them stop

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2009
    Food and Flix - unauthorized charge on my credit card
    Connecticut

The following were charged to my credit card without my authorization or knowledge :

02/01 AP9FOODANDFLIX $ 1, oo

My credit card : VISA - United Mileage plus

• Re
      26th of Feb, 2009
    Food and Flix - unautherized use of debt dard

debt card was used with out my autherization. Need cancelizatoin # to have it removed from my account.

18th of Apr, 2009

i did not open an account with you so please close it and give me credit john santopietro

• Pa
      27th of Jun, 2009

the following charges have been taking out of my account without my permission;
    march2, 2009 1.00
    march 30, 2009
    april 29, 2009
    may 29, 2009
    june 27, 2009 in which I alerted my bank of this active from food and flix

• Na
      23rd of Sep, 2009
    Food and Flix - Unautherized charges
    Food and Flix SM (Adaptive Marketing LLC)
    PO Box 5152
    Des Plaines
    Illinois
    Phone: 1-800-929-4554
    foodandflix.com

I signed up for a 7 day free trial on 6-8-09. Icancelled my trial on 6-12-09. since then they have continued to make charges on my account without my knowledge. in doing so they have caused overdrafts on my account. I get absolutely no response from these people. I am going to have to change my account numbers to keep them out of my finances. momnmason@comcast.net

• La
      28th of Jul, 2010

I would like to cancel my membership, done in error, DO NOT WANT my credit card to be charged, have tried to call your 800 number without any luck. Thank you.

Laura Vierra
    ID#600375449

• Di
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I have the slightness idea who food and flix are.They have been taking dollars for about six months.I've been unable to get in touch with anyone and none of my money has been refunded.