Food and Flix / Unauthorized charges

Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

I had two $1.00 charges on my Visa from Food and Flix. I also had a $1.00 and a $29.95 charge from Deal Max. I did not authorize any of these charges.

I was able to contact Deal Max at [protected] and speak with a representative directly. "Sarah" was able to cancel my apparent membership and credit me back the charges. According to her, I signed up for their program when I purchased a Walmart gift card online. I've never shopped at Walmart so this makes no sense to me.

I tried to call Food and Flix at [protected] but they make it impossible to talk to a real person. I e-mailed them at membersavings@foodandflix.com. They replied and promised to cancel my membership and credit be back my two bucks. They said I signed up for their program by clicking on an ad banner. What?!

It appears that Food and Flix and Deal Max along with several other shady members-savings clubs are owned by AP9 Adaptive Marketing. AP9 is owned by Vertrue Inc. which is based in Norwalk, CT. Richard Fernandes is the current CEO. You can contact him at 20 Glover Ave, Norwalk, CT 06850

I don't know how they can get your credit info so check your statements often. Sure, what they took wasn't alot of money to me, but its MY MONEY that I work hard for. What kills me is that they're taking a dollar here and dollar there from thousands or maybe millions of people.
Sy

Comments

18th of Nov, 2008
STOP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT FOR SERVICES NEVER REQUESTED OR USED
  26th of Nov, 2008
someone needs to answer me !!!
  26th of Nov, 2008
HOW DO I GET YOU PEOPLE ON THE PHONE?!!!

Food and Flix - your stilling

you people have been taking money from me that i did NOTtell you to take!!!you owe me 35.00 NOW!!!-and it BETTER STOP!!!
Ba
  3rd of Dec, 2008
i also was taken w ithout my permission i think food and flix is affiliated with deal max and at home rewards i would too like my money asap! or i will contact better business bureau
Fr
  6th of Feb, 2009
My credit card was being charged and then I cancelled the charges. I have since been charged for a few months for no reason.
Jb
  12th of Feb, 2009

foodand flix - Unautherized charges

they keep deducting from checking. i dont know how to make them stop
Sh
  16th of Feb, 2009

Food and Flix - unauthorized charge on my credit card
Connecticut

The following were charged to my credit card without my authorization or knowledge :

02/01 AP9FOODANDFLIX $ 1, oo

My credit card : VISA - United Mileage plus
Re
  26th of Feb, 2009

Food and Flix - unautherized use of debt dard

debt card was used with out my autherization. Need cancelizatoin # to have it removed from my account.
Jo
  18th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i did not open an account with you so please close it and give me credit john santopietro
Pa
  27th of Jun, 2009
the following charges have been taking out of my account without my permission;
march2, 2009 1.00
march 30, 2009
april 29, 2009
may 29, 2009
june 27, 2009 in which I alerted my bank of this active from food and flix
Na
  23rd of Sep, 2009

Food and Flix - Unautherized charges
Food and Flix SM (Adaptive Marketing LLC)
PO Box 5152
Des Plaines
Illinois
Phone: 1-800-929-4554
foodandflix.com

I signed up for a 7 day free trial on 6-8-09. Icancelled my trial on 6-12-09. since then they have continued to make charges on my account without my knowledge. in doing so they have caused overdrafts on my account. I get absolutely no response from these people. I am going to have to change my account numbers to keep them out of my finances. momnmason@comcast.net
La
  28th of Jul, 2010
I would like to cancel my membership, done in error, DO NOT WANT my credit card to be charged, have tried to call your 800 number without any luck. Thank you.

Laura Vierra
ID#600375449
Di
  2nd of Dec, 2010
I have the slightness idea who food and flix are.They have been taking dollars for about six months.I've been unable to get in touch with anyone and none of my money has been refunded.