Fonte Coffee Roaster / Terrible company representatives

I came off a great weekend where a resort had introduced me to your coffees. I'd called in to place order but had to figure out what blends I'd been drinking. First rep answered my ?s then put me on hold. The next woman who picked up said, "____" had to step away from the phone, can I help you?" So I repeated what first rep had told me only to discover she'd given me wrong info (about blend that was served in the restaurant of the resort.) In addition, the second rep was unpleasant and I ended the call without placing an order. Customer, lost.

Bi

Comments

• Ra
      6th of Apr, 2010

Other than the "____" profanities expelled, I see no wrong doing. The situation could have been avoided had you known what you wanted, what you had, or what you like.

Do you not realize that most service industry focused individuals cringe when they get calls from demanding and uninformed people. Coffee is complicated. So is taste description.

The logical thing to do was ask the resort personnel what coffee blends you were enjoying. Perhaps a quick call to the resort restaurant? Since this was your introduction to Fonte, why wouldn't you ask while you were enjoying it. I like coffee, and when it's good, I want to know more about it, now!

Instead you call a busy office and expect someone to help you figure out what You had. Sometimes resorts/restaurants change their blends periodically. Sometimes they carry more than one kind. There are a variety of scenarios, only one of which is, "she'd given you wrong info." Maybe she was new. Maybe you relayed the information incorrectly to the second rep. I find it interesting that despite the 2nd rep correcting the first rep's info, and in turn providing you with the information you desired, you complain about her. You also wasted her time.

The sad part is that you never got what you wanted. What you Wanted was the coffee. Just think of all the joy you could have brought into your life had you been willing to do some of your own inquiring.

"Customer", you are lost.

What I really want to know is why the first rep put you on hold?