Foneright Inc & ILT Communications / unauthorized debits on phone bill

1 PO Box 607Palm Harbor, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-568-6369

AT&T Customer Service refused to reverse the past charges for this bogus order that was tacked onto my phone bill ($14.95) It has taken me four months to notice that the Phone company was billing me for something I did not order.

The phone number that was on my bill for PHONERIGHT, INC was [protected]. I called this number and it was for ILT Communications, of 8401 Data Point, Suite 1000, San Antonio, TX 78229. They said they could only prevent any future charges and to get a refund for the past paid amounts I would have to contact FONERIGHT, INC. They gave me the number: [protected].

I called FONERIGHT INC and the rep said he would refund $51.52 which will be added to my phone bill. The confirmation #5999229.

This bogus charge is fraud and theft. Criminal charges should be brought by the Attorney General of Florida, Texas and California (where I live).

All three parties are criminally charged by me:
Foneright Inc
ILT Communications
AT&T of California

Edward C. Noonan
[protected]

Comments

Cu
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

As a customer service rep for FoneRight, I would like to let you all know that we are not a fraud. The reason one would be billed by our company would be from one of our various websites. And when one puts all info in and clicks that they agree it is legal for you to get billed. One piece of advice would be to read the small print!

Ma
  18th of Feb, 2009

I also got the same thing going on as Edward. Same exact thing. WAS NOT AUTHORIZED! Will wait and see if charges are credited to my account. If not will pursue it till the end. Has got to be a law protecting us from this kind of abuse.

Watervliet, MI.

Co
  29th of May, 2009

I recently got billed for a voice service under my AT&T phone service. The interesting thing is when this company (ILT/foneright) charges AT&T, AT&T didn't even verify who was placing the charges. In my case, the person who signed up for the voice mail service is some random person. My question is, why doesn't the service provider, AT&T, verify before allowing third party place a charge unless they have an indirect profit from it?
I got my refund back from AT&T and called the other company to cancel the account. However, remember canceling and refunding the money is not what's important. The service provider has to protect it's customers personal information and privacy. If more victims of such mischief stand up against the service provider, I'm sure they'll do more to prevent this in the future. I doubt they lack the means to protect and serve their customers with respect.

Although, the last such reported incident was three months ago, the problem is still around.

Ic
  9th of Jun, 2009

I agree! I found the charges on my AT&T billing today! Much to my surprise! I was told by an AT&T rep to contact the company: Foneright. I did and was told I would be given a credit. I was also told I was being given a credit for a future charge that the AT&T rep had not even mentioned to me yet! I did have the AT&T rep place a BLOCK on all future charges trying to come through by a 3rd party! I recommend everyone do this! I too will be reporting this company to the Attorney General's office for fraudulent practices!