Folica.com / failure to refund / bad customer service

1 8 Corporate DriveCranbury, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-919-4247

We ordered a straightner as a gift for Mothers Day and paid for 2 Day Air shipment - we did not receive it in the 2 days - in fact it took as long as it would have for regular shipping (long past Mothers Day). We got the wrong product - so I called and talked to 2 different Customer Service People - each one told us a different story about how their return policy works (each negative to what most companies handle this type of thing). They even went so far to tell me how UPS works - and I know for a fact how UPS delivers - their delivery days for 2 Day air, etc. Argumentative again! (See below).

We reordered the correct item - and was told that we would be refunded for the 2 day air shipping charge for the first item. This never happened!! Then when I called to check status of our new order - it hadn't even been finalized to ship! The lady in Customer Service verified that this was what happened and finalized my order and told me she was putting me in right then to ship my new order and also for a refund for the 2 day air shipment. Then we returned the wrong item.

I called today - May 28th to see if they had received it because I hadn't received a refund on our credit card. She said she didn't have record of receiving it - and it wasn’t until we found the tracking number that it showed they had received it on May 20th! She said she was going to put me in for a refund - but it could take 6-10 business days!! I told her - it's been 8 days (not business days - but close) and she informed me that she told me it would take this long to get a credit! I asked her - what is your process for handling returns!! They didn't even have it in their records that I had returned the item!!

She said that it takes their receiving department time because they get pallets of returns and they have to work throught them to find out who returns items, etc. I find it hard to believe - or maybe I don't considering how bad their customer service is - that they get that many items returned that in 8 days they hadn't recorded that my item had been returned!

If I hadn't called - and if I didn't have a tracking number - who knows how long it would take!

The customer Service person was argumentative - rude - and basically called me a liar because she said she told me it would take 6-10 business days to get a credit! I know for a fact she didn't tell me this - and when I told her that - she said - excuse me - I have it in my notes that I told you that! She was at this point 'yelling' at me - and basically calling me a liar because I told her at no point did she tell me it would take that long! Besides - on May 13th was the day I talked to her and that was the day she was putting me in for a credit for the 2 day shipping charge for the first item (the wrong item). Even if it takes 6-10 business days - I should have received that shipping credit by now!

I then said - well, it's been since the 20th that you received my returned item - you don't even show that it's been returned other then being able to track it via UPS!

I guess Folica relies on UPS's records to know whether or not they have received a return - or a call from a customer because they haven't received a refund! This is unacceptable in my opinion!

I then asked to talk to the owner. She wouldn't give me his name - or wouldn't transfer me to him - and she hung up on me!!! I couldn't believe this!

Not only are the people who take the orders not knowledgeable about their procedures for handling situations - they don't finalize orders to ship - but when they can't help you - they pass you off to customer service who aren't friendly - and YELL at their customers!!

Even though Folica's prices are good - I would NEVER order from them - and God help anyone who has to return something!!

BE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR TRACKING NUMBER - THEN BE SURE YOU CHECK WITH THEM WHEN YOU RETURN SOMETHING TO MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR CREDIT!

I would rate this company very, very low! I would love a call from the owner to discuss the terrible service I received.

Buyer beware - and especially if you have to return something!!

Thank you!

Ca

Comments

• Dl
      10th of Jun, 2008

I agree with the complaint. I placed an order and was wondering why it was taking so long to ship. When I called them, they didn't even have a record of the order. They kept reading me a previous order number from a order that I already received. Meanwhile, their system sends me an order confirmation via email, and paypal sends me an email stating that Folica was paid. How can they send me a confirmation email if their computers can't find my order. They have a good selection of things, but with all of the aggrevation I am having with this, I don't think I will want to purchase from them for a long time.

I asked to speak with a supervisor, but they said their was none available. What kind of company is this. The lady said to call back in 3 days if I did not receive the order. I should have had it the day I called. Beware of this site.

• Tr
      24th of Oct, 2008

I ordered a Chi 1" flat iron. Turns out it's a fake/aftermarket. I called Farouk Systems in Houston, TX and they verified that Folica.com is not an authorized Chi dealer and that Farouk (Chi) is suing them for fraud!

I now have to return this fake item and hope that I can get my $ back! I have notified my bank of the fraudulant charge, yes, it's fraud when you sell a fake!

• Ri
      4th of Dec, 2008

I ordered two solia 1-1"1/4" inch flat irons. I recieved one of them in 3 business days and it was a "used"/returned product that had scratch marks all over it and did not look even close to new.
    On the second one I did not even recieve an email about the order being placed or shipped even after 4 business days after the order was originally placed. When I called the customer service I spoke to an agent called R**k who was an absolute a*****e. He could not check on the status of the order and could not offer immediate follow-up too. The product from this website and their customer service sucks bigtime! They have NO customer service at all.

• Tr
      26th of Dec, 2008

i bought a sedu flat iron and still is waiting for it to deliver. It had been over a week and haven't receive it yet. It was on regular shipping but whatever it should have come sooner. I went to track the order on usps, and as you know usps has a very slow updated tracking system. So i decided to call customer service and they told me they have no record of the order either. And the guy keep telling me to call back. So i called back and then this other lady told me to call back. So basically most of them keep telling me to call back. And i ask them what happen if i don't receive it in two weeks? And they hung up on me. I am very furious right now. I'll make sure to post wherever it is possible that folica is a scam and so that people won't buy it again. And by the way, reading all of your review, after i receive it it's probally is a fake or a returned/used item or something, oh please help me god, make it not. This thing cost me about $100. That's a lot for me since i took a lot of time to save up that money.

• Oh
      12th of May, 2011

I ordered a flat iron and noticed it was dirty with hair product and definitely used. I called immediately and was told that a brand new one would be mailed, but I am really disappointed that they would send me used products and charge me $130 as if it was a brand new item. I will not use this site again.

• Je
      16th of Feb, 2012

I totally agree not to buy from Folica! I am from Singapore and I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Their reply was not only unhelpful, but also very matter-of-fact and insincere. First they told me that “international customers cannot use appliances without dual voltage”. I was surprised at their short and cold reply, with no offer to find out more about my problem. I then replied them with a question, asking if that’s the case, why are the items being sold to international customers? And why wasn’t it mentioned upfront to us that international customers cannot use them?

Anyway, I knew about the voltage difference, so I also bought a voltage converter from Folica. I told them more about my problem, that I could not power on the appliances with the converter. And their second reply to me was “You have voided the warranty by using it with a converter”. I was like…what??!! Where in the website was this stated? And the item can’t even be switched on, so how could I have used it? An appliance is used only when there is power running through it right? Some may even say an appliance is used only when it starts serving its function, not when there is electricity through it. The problem now is they can’t even be switched on! Moreover, the converter was from Folica in the first place!! They sold me the converter, and now tell me that I have voided the warranty by using it. Does that sounds like a conspiracy?

Now they are not replying to my emails and queries. I really don’t know what I have landed myself into. I thought I could trust them…but apparently not….totally utterly disappointed….. I have paid so much for the items to be shipped over, and now they are only for display purposes……if anyone can help me…pls do… You can reach me at dreamsbolt@gmail.com... Your help wld be greatly appreciated….