Fmw Laboratories/acai Berry Detox / charged my account $87.13

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Not realizing all of the Acai Berry scams, I found an website that had the product for free. All you have to do is pay the $3.95 shipping and handling. I paid that and received the bottle. When I received it, Ithought that would be the end of that. 2 weeks later my bank account had a charge of $87.13. I called the bank to do a stop payment because that wasn't authorized. They provided me with the # to call FMW. I stayed on hold for close to 10 minutes and the lady gets my information and takes another 10 minutes just to tell me I have to send in an e-mail and I would receive an e-mail. Still haven't received that. I stated I wanted to cancel because this stuff doesn't work. I waited a little while and now they have shipped me another bottle. I have two unopened bottles. I called them again and I'm almost sure it's the same lady. Now she tells me she can't find any record of me in the system. Acai Berry Detox is a serious scam. I was on the phone almost 45 minutes total and nothing accomplished.

Comments

• Da
      29th of Jan, 2009

Have you been able to get any help? I have had the same problem. I called to cancel BEFORE I even received anything and was given a cancellation number. Was told that I would receive a cancellation email. Which I never did. Now today after cancelling over one week ago I have been charged $87 and change. I will start making phone calls today but wanted to know first if you have gotten anywhere. Totally a scam. First for me and maybe last time I order anything online.

• Mi
      3rd of Feb, 2009

They did something very similar to me.

I ordered the sample, but I didn't get it until over two weeks later. The same day I got it, they charged me 87.13. I thought the sample was free! I logged into the website and found they were going to charge me again on the 6th of February, nearly two weeks after I got my sample. They never even gave me a chance to try it. Now, because they charged me before they were supposed to, it caused all my other payments on my checking account to bounce and it caused 105 dollars in overdraft fees. I sent them a very stern complaint, and if I don't get a satisfactory answer by the end of the day, I will contact my bank about this fraud, because I surely never authorized this.

• Be
      5th of Feb, 2009

I did the same as others. It's a BIG scam. I called to cancel they said they would send a cancellation e-mail but they charged me anyway, (87.13). No. cancellation e-mail. I called again they had no cancellation. They charged me again. So I called credit card to dispute the charges, they credited me, but FWM Lab., charged me again. I am out of $261.39. Be careful!!! Betty

• Ca
      15th of Apr, 2009
    FMW Laboratories/Acai Berry Detox - charge during trial period
    FMW Laboratories
    3007 Green Street
    Hollywood
    Florida

I ordered the Acai Berry Detox gel tabs for a FREE 30 day trial. I placed the order on 3/28/09, in which i received the shipment on the following friday 4/3/09. No paperwork, was included with the order, no explanation of the trial, nothing. On 4/12/09 there was a charged placed on my credit card for $87.19. I called the number that was on the bank statement (1-866-949-0138) to cancel my subscription, and to get my account credited.

After speaking to the customer service representative on 4/15/09 who stated that the trial period was for 14 days, not 30 days and it started on the day the order was placed, not the day the order was received and there was nothing they could do for me due to the fact that the trial period expired 2 days ago. Needless to say the customer service rep was not helpfull at all, so I asked to speak to someone in management over him, I was reluctantly transferred after several minutes of him not wanting to transfer me to his supervisor. I spoke to Andrea the Supervisor who did nothing but spout the same rederick the customer service rep told me. They would not except any valid disputes which would result in a refund.

What I want to know is where do I go next to get this matterrectified, and to make sure everyone knows that the company in not on the up and up. Free trial with this company does not mean Free.

• Pa
      23rd of Apr, 2009
    FMW Laboratories/Acai Berry Detox - unauthorized charges
    FMW Laboratories
    Florida

I have had similar experiences with this company! Here's the email I just sent to their cancellations department (if this is even their REAL email?) fmwcancellations@gmail.com

To Whom it May Concern:
    On March 12, 2009, I called your automated line to cancel my subscription. On that same day, I called your customer service to confirm that this was being done & I was reassured that my account was showing cancelled.
    On April 15, 2009, I noted that my bank account (I used my debit card for this account) had been debited by your company for 3 different transactions on April 13, 2009, $1.97, $2.02 & $87.83 ($91.82 total). Additionally, since I was not expecting these transactions, I did not have sufficient funds to cover them, which caused my account to overdraft & I was charged a $25 overdraft fee by my bank because of YOUR error. I immediately called your customer service and was told that these charges had been made mistakenly and the customer service agent I spoke with assured me that the account HAD been cancelled back in March and that this would never happen again. She went on to assure me that my account would be credited back the amounts of the charges within 2-3 business days.
    With these assurances, I fully expected my account to be credited no later than Monday, April 20, 2009. I checked my account on that date, but did not see the credit. I checked my account again on April 21, but still did not see the credit. I called your customer service department that evening and was told that they would put in for the credit to my account, and that it would take 3-5 business days. I could not understand why this had to be done again, since I was assured on April 15 that the credit would be requested and I would have my refund by April 20. Now I'm being told that you will be taking an additional 3-5 business days! I am extremely upset! You have taken money from my account, without my further authorization (theft & fraud), and you are insisting on taking almost 2 weeks to refund that money. Additionally, I've been told that you will not refund the $25 that you cost me in overdraft fees. I work in a retail store & we process credit card refunds THE SAME DAY THEY ARE REQUESTED! There is NO taking 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.
    I am demanding that my account be credited no later than end of business day tomorrow, Friday, April 24, 2009. In addition, I am demanding that you either credit my account or issue me a check for the overdraft fee of $25 that you have caused me to incurr due to YOUR error.
    I expect to see this credit tomorrow; I expect communication from you assuring me that this will be happening, otherwise, I will join the hundreds of other consumers that you have defrauded in filing a complaint against your company with the Better Business Bureau and the Florida State Attorney Generals office.

• Tr
      3rd of Jun, 2009

And yet another victim, I, too was bamboozled into believing I would only have to pay the shipping for the stuff and three weeks later I find the $87 charge on my bank account. I talked to a guy named Aaron and he told me that I had fifteen days to try the product and I would have to cancel the order/subscription before the 15 days were up. I was led to believe that I had a 30-day supply and within the 30 days I could cancel and there would not be any charge. Aaron said I would probably not get credited and they had no return address for any unused product., hmmmm.
    I just called customer assistance again, at FMW Labratories in Florida and talked to Jo-Anne and she said she could not give me a return address for sending the worthless acaiberry detox crap back and that it was mine! Hah! then she said, "rest assured that you will not recieve any more products or be charged any more on your acct. she gave me a confirmation number.
    I think I will too contact my credit card/bank and let them know of this and see if I can get credited. Watch every offer online, folks, if it looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is a scam.