FlySafairservice unethical behavior

Evening ([protected]@flysafair.zendesk.com) i called in to ask to speak to someone about this, i got [protected]@flysafair.co.za email, and i mailed her, but no reply. I am very upset with regards to a flight booked for my retired parents from Cape Town - Durban 24th November 2015 @ 6.20am The booking was for 4 Adults (2 young and 2 old) quite some time ago, for flight FA160 Their seats were booked in advance, and paid additional required fee to select the seats which are in front of the aircraft. Please note these are 2 retired individuals that paid extra for security of seating and paid immediately for tickets and the seats with their pension, all procedure was followed with regards to online checking and confirmation of the seats. Upon boarding the aircraft they were told they can not sit on their selected, and paid seats due to weight management, i completely understand why they were shifted due to uneven weight distribution for taking off, but is absurd that they then forfeit their seats which were paid for and not compensated for their suffering or loss. I cannot understand why possibly the oldest passengers were put in discomfort, where in my experiences world wide across >70% of airlines focuses on 1) oldest passengers or disabled, then 2) mothers and babies, 3) families and lastly single or 18 - 40 year old passengers. I'm currently doing a review on the airlines to have a students choice for flights in South Africa to Stellenbosch University students as the holiday and festive season is upon us. I'm aware of the price or costs paid vs quality of classes (economy vs business class service and prices), and that Flysafair is fairly new in the market, but logic and kind services does not cost anything, so why fail at it? i apologize for being blunt or possibly coming across negatively, but with this kind of service or experience please motivate why the trending domestic airline (Flysafair) should be promoted besides having lowest or low prices for students/other target markets, and being able to make it affordable for most to fly. How will Flysafair deal with issues like this and in particular this Case of my parents and sister and brother in-law that paid for seats that were not given. NB, They are flying back to Cape Town on Friday 27th November 2015

Cp
Dec 09, 2015

Comments

• Sy
      Jul 18, 2018

I have exactly the same thing happened to my elderly mother on 18th of July 2018 where she got lost at the Johannesburg airport and got there 5 minutes before her boarding time the receptionist and staff bluntly ignored her and she had to run around looking for a manager or airline support that could number one understand her and number two not bluntly ignore her I am shocked with the pathetic service and the absolute called rude receptionist that refused to speak to me and after that pretended that my mother does not even exist in front of her standing in tears funny how your money is demanded immediately but the service is up to [censored]

• Sy
      Jul 18, 2018

@SylviaFS24 I had exactly the same thing happened to my elderly mother when she was ignored by the staff and that due to getting lost and just being 5 minutes over boarding time this on her birthday a gift from her daughters cannot believe that money has demanded upfront but it when it comes to customer service and help she had to run around and the Giant Johannesburg airport looking for help someone that can understand her number one and number two actually take the time to stand still and speak to her I do not see this as International Airport I see this as in international joke it is absolutely pathetic and I will spread the word on the poor service this airline gives to its customers especially the Elder in the frustration literally boils over we are saddened and upset and I cannot believe that my poor mother had to stand there when she asked what do we do next again the receptionist bluntly ignored her and said I can't help you