flying j / poorly managed

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Flying J Ripon, CA
I've been to some poorly managed truckstops before but this one takes the cake. My concern lies with the parking issue. This place allows everyone to park anywhere they please and the employees and manager lack concern as to how drivers are going to get out to deliver their load when blocked completely in. I was told at the counter it wasn't their responsibility to govern the parking situation. We park here at our own risk. I wasn't aware that being "trapped in the parking lot" was a "risk" when I decided to park here. My load was late because it took 2 hours to locate drivers of trucks not parked in designated parking lines. And, I was the one pounding on the doors and having them paged at the counter. The employees just stood there with the "not my problem" attitude.
I destroyed my loyalty card and refused to put another dime of their fuel in my tanks. If their parking area was patrolled like the other larger chains of truckstops this wouldn't have been an issue. Hiring of properly qualified and customer service oriented employees would also be helpful.

Comments

• Pr
      9th of Feb, 2010

I agree 100%. Petro has patrols that tell drivers to move if not properly parked. I've never been blocked in. We drivers also need to have a little common courtesy. Your complaint is in CA. There definitely is a lack of parking in that state. The state wants the commodities moved but yet treats trucks as an annoyance. Closing the rest areas may save the state some money but trucks count on that parking. We can't all sit at shippers for breaks.

• La
      6th of Mar, 2013
    flying j - overcharge on fees
    flying j
    Ohio

My wife went in to flying j to get a $350 cash advance, so she could put $300 on her greendot card ( to pay phone bill on line) The combined fees charged by flying came to $20.50 ( now, isn't that a little high or is flying j that damn greedy?)