Flying High Pet Resort / Animal abuse

1 531 Dawson DriveCamarillo, CA, United States Review updated:

This place should be shut down. I took my dog there and she came home sick and dehydrated. The owner tried to tell me that she got sick from some place else. Also, they advertise that some one is with the dogs 24 hours a day, not true! They also advertise temperature controlled facility, not true! NO AC, very hot!!! I do not know about heat for the winter. Please do not take your dogs there!!!

Va

Comments

• Ju
      30th of Dec, 2008

I find it very interesting that not only is this not true information that you are giving, but it was posted on the same day we let a employee go and we do not have a customer by that name ... Richard Grove ... we are very loving to all are animals. They get the best of care .

21st of Feb, 2009

This message is being posted to warn others to avoid using the Flying High Pet Resort. We boarded our dog for 1 week at this facility. When we picked him up, he had an infected wound on the right side of his face as well as numerous mats around his ears. Our vet had to sedate our dog in order to clean up his wounds and remove the horrific matting. Needless to say, he was put on antibiotics to clear up his infected wounds. Do you think the owners offered to cover the vet bill...OF COURSE NOT! One of the owners even had the audacity to accuse us of bringing him in that way! Spare yourself and your pets any agony and avoid this place at all costs. My other recommendation it to the owners. Take responsibility for the injuries that occur to the poor animals that are under your watch or you will surely loose customers one tragic case at a time.

27th of Feb, 2009

I agree with the person who first put this complaint up! And it looks to me like they are making up the stuff about the employee thing. I took my dog there recently and she came home shaking and ran and hid under the bed for hours. When she finally came out I noticed that she was limping and when I went to touch her leg, she yelped. When I called to ask what happened to my dog I was told that nothing happened and that she probably got it jumping into the car. When I told them that she did not jump into or out of the car, I was called a liar and hung up on. I hope more people read this board and decide not to go there, so hopefully they will have to close.

• Ow
      5th of Mar, 2009

I am the owner and I am responding to these complaints The owner of the golden retriever brought his dog to our facility for boarding. I noticed the dog had severe matting behind the ears -- due to the owner's neglect. In 6 years of grooming, I have NEVER seen such severe matting behind the ears. Because we care deeply about our dogs in our care, I attempted to remove the matts and after 30 minutes of trying to help this dog I realized this should be done in a vet's office just in case the vet cut the ears -- the matts were that bad. I wrote a note to the owner suggesting that he bring his dog to the vet immediately for them to remove these matts. This owner should have thanked us for trying to help his dog. But instead he tried to blame us for matts that could only have been there for a very very long time. When his dog left our facility, the dog had absolutely no marks on his face other than the matts behind the ears. This owner knows he is lieing -- shame on him. The owner wanted to place the blame on us instead of accepting responsibiity for his dog. At the end of our very lengthy discussion, it finally came out that the owner wanted us to pay his vet bill.

I can honestly say that there is NO facililty that cares more about the animals in their care than ours. We have dedicated staff and only hire people who really love dogs. Believe me, in these hard times we are making no money. We do this because we deeply love dogs more than anything. But we realize that we cannot please everybody and that there are some people who are never satisfied and will look for anything to complain about.

We terminated an employee last year who became very hostile towards us -- we have issued her a letter from our attorney that she is to cease and desist. The police have been involved and she is being sued for slander.

We welcome the public to our facility anytime during business hours. We are very very proud of what we do. Every dog that comes to our facility is happy and well cared for. Unfortunately there are some very troubled people out there . We have encounted the occasional customer who tries to get something for free from us. We stand proud and honest in our attempt to provide each and every dog with the love, care, and respect they deserve. Too bad we can't say the same thing for the owners. And finally, not one of our staff would EVER have called a customer a liar and hung up on them. Get real, people.

And finally, Joe, what is your last name? I'd like to call you about your dog. What is your dog's name? If you have a legitimate complaint, why didn't you call us? I don't believe this story for one minute. Joe, please give us a call and talk to us about your dog if this is really a true story.

So, in closing to our public, we have hundreds of customers who tell us every day that their dogs love us and that we have helped them and their dogs more than anybody else or any other facility ever. We welcome your visits, phone calls, and questions. Please come by and see for yourself.

11th of Mar, 2009

This is Joe, in response to the above, I did call and as I said before was called a liar and was hung up on. Speak to your staff and find out who it was before stating otherwise. I do have a legitimate complaint and I did call you read the comment again. I am not going to call, and I am not going to give you my last name because I do not wish to be harassed anymore. I put this up as a warning to others. They can believe me and the other two people or they can believe you, that is up to them. My family and my friends now the truth, and I am sure Chris and Richard agree with me. As for your responses, I don't believe a word of them, and I hope other don't as well.

14th of Mar, 2009

Recently the above has been brought to my attention. This is the employee spoken of in the response above. I have not been hostile towards any one at flying high pet resort. I have always conducted myself in a professional manor. As to the allegations stated, I have contacted the police myself and they have no record of any reports or complaints. I am not being sued, and have informed the owner's lawyer that any further slander will result in a suit against flying high pet resort owners. There has been no communication between myself and anyone at or representing flying high pet resort in over 4 months. My advice is always buyer beware.

16th of Apr, 2009

I am a current employee of flying high pet resort. I think this is one of the best places i have ever worked at. the employers are hard working, honest people who have the utmost of integrity and run this business out of true love for our dogs. If you think they are in this business for the sake of making money, you are dead wrong! They do this because they genuinely love animals. Please stop posting such hurtful, damaging, lies about flying high pet resort. Just because you disagreed with something, does not give you the right to write false accusations about them. We are all trained in dog behavior and keep a very clean, healthy, and fun environment for your dogs to enjoy. 99 out of 100 customers love us. As for the few miserable people out there who are NEVER SATISFIED with anybody or anything, I say, "get a life" and get a reality check!

16th of Apr, 2009

Point proven with the chicken S*** remark. Thank you.

17th of Apr, 2009

that remark was aimed toward that guy named Joe. You say you're a former employee, when did you work there? I was terminated also and I'm trying to contact the employee who said she was wrongfully fired. I think we may have a case.

• Ka
      23rd of Apr, 2009

My dog has been going to flying high pet resort for about 8 months. They are wonderful caring people, he can't wait to get inside that should be your first clue as an aware dog owner - if he was being treated badly you couldn't drag him in the place! All I have to say to him is do you want to go to school (as we call it) and he runs to the door to get in the car! He comes home happy and tired from all the activity and loving care he receives durning his stay. I have also borded him here and I have no complaints he was well taken care of I feel so LUCKY to have found such a wonderful facility that truly loves your dog as one of their own and the staff is truly OUTSTANDING! I understand you can't make everyone happy but I also understand some people are just plain mean and want to hurt people you should be ashamed of yourself! WE LOVE FLYING HIGH - Diesel & Family

• Sm
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I am the owner of the one -year old Golden Retriever who was irate over the quality of care that my Dog received at this infamous so called "Resort". Let the truth show light the way, not devious business practices. I delivered my Golden to the facility on Saturday and the condition of his coat could only be rated as excellent and can be attested to by several witnesses. We called the facility the next Wednesday to inquire on the status of our Golden and were told: "He's having a lot of fun." We were due to return home and pick up our Dog on Saturday. This detestable facility decided to check our Dog out on Friday (6 days after his arrival) and at that time, discovered terrible matting behind both ears and a serious wound on his right cheek. The owner (Judy) has no documentation or witnesses that my Dog came into her facility in the same condition that we picked him up. When I interviewed the personnel at the facility, none of the personnel could attest that they actually physically inspected our Dog on his arrival at the facility until the following Friday.
    I recommended to Dawn that the facility initiate a new business practice of photographing the Dogs upon their arrival to document their exact physical condition. Counter point to Judy's misrepresentation of the truth: She presented my Wife with a "report card" on our Golden and at no time did she advise that we take our Golden to the Vet.

After we brought our Dog home, and numerous failed attempts to relieve our Golden's pain and suffering, I took him to The Las Posas Vet Clinic. The Vet was required to sedate our Golden and shave the matted hair and the injured Right jaw. Our bill was $150.00. While my Golden was being sedated, I visited Judy and Dawn at the infamous Flying High Pet Resort. I requested to discuss the incident with Judy in a private room next to the main lobby. I presented my facts and observations to Judy who, lost total emotional control and stormed out of our meeting. Judy had the audacity to blame me as the cause of my Golden's condition. I subsequently met with Judy's partner Dawn who was much more professional and easy to speak with. I requested that the facility pay for one half of my Vet bill. Dawn stated that they could not, but would provide several free visits for our Golden in the future. In our opinion, sending our Golden back to this facility would be unacceptable. The only reason that I did not file a legal complaint against the facility was due to the fact that Dawn had informed me that Judy's Mother had just passed away. I was extremely upset and angry at the cruel treatment that my Golden received at this facility, but I do have compassion for my fellow man. I decided against the legal option and chalked this up to a bad lesson learned. All I can do is spread the word of TRUTH! Judy is not telling the truth. Shame on you for playing on my sympathy and compassion! After Judy's aforementioned false statements, I am considering a legal recourse. If any potential customers would like to view pictures that document the torture that my Golden received at this facility, please post your email below. If you love your pets, please don't take them to this pet warehouse! The pet loving public needs to become informed before a real tragedy occurs. God Bless you and your pet.

• Na
      23rd of Apr, 2009

My Name is Natasha and I work at Flying high pet resort . I love working there and caring for your dogs. All the staff here do . We love playing with them and giving them lots of kisses . The owners would not hire us unless we love animals. That's one of the things that I love about this place. How much we all care .I love all the dog like there my owe .

These things that people are saying about us not only hurt the owners but it hurts all of us here that work so hard to take care of your baby's . Know one here wants any of our dogs sad or hurt we do the best to make sure they are all happy and safe.

people get mad and say things before thinking how its going to affected the world or how things can be made worse by lashing out instead of calmly talking about it and making everyone happy. common ground is the dog comes first. both sides can agree on that.

I'm sorry that people are not happy because they had to pay there owe vet bill but I will tell you if dogs could talk they would say Mom, Dad wait a minute they didn't want anything bad to happen to me . I really had a great time there and they loved on me a lot and would never do anything to hurt me . I'm so happy I want to go back. Dog is Good. Thanks for listening to me . Love Natasha :)

26th of Apr, 2009

I find it interesting that one of the owners daughter (Natasha) commented on this board.

Smokey please email me Peace To Ya on aol.

And as far as the other former employee... I find it quite strange that you would say you were also recently fired and yet you are using the flyinghigpetresort user name. Seems a bit strange to me...

I will say that yes I agree there are a FEW dogs that are happy to go there... Those are the "favorites" they get the attention and the play.

• Ka
      26th of Apr, 2009

I disagree that only a FEW dogs are happy to go to flying high pet resort as I have personally seen MANY dogs coming and going that are very happy to be there and I don't believe they have favorites does your MOM? if so maybe I can understand why she does. If your not happy then just don't take your dog there! and move on. As for the post about the matt on the dogs ears you have to be kidding if you think it would only take 6 days to get matts so bad that your dog has to be sedated to fix the problem! Now really!

26th of Apr, 2009

Not true. A dog can get mats behind the ears in that amount of time. All it has to do it scratch it on a daily basis a few times a day. Just like if you were to scratch your head in the same spot a few times a day for six days and not brush it in between, it would get all knotted up. And I believe the only reason the dog had to be sedated was because the injury was made worse by the owner "trying" to remove it. I have seen the photograph and the wound on the face is quite severe, and looks like it has nothing to do with mats behind the ears.

I am happy that your dog is happy and that you have seen many happy dogs there. I can only hope that people will see what is written here and make up there own minds about the place. I am not going to tell people not to go there, because that is not my place. If some one asks me about the place I will tell them what I know and nothing more. If some one asks me if I know of a place that they can take their dog, I recommend a different place and say nothing about Flying High. I just trust and like the other place better.

As to the comments on this board, I will defend myself when needed, and will inform people of what I know about mats and things of that nature. I am not here to say mean or bad things about any one. I would hope that the owners would just take this board as a place for people to complain about their experience and leave it at that. That is what this board is all about.

• Ca
      26th of Apr, 2009

My little Shih Tzu loves going to Flying High Pet Resort. He is greeted in the morning by a very caring staff and he nuzzles into their necks and gives them kisses. I don't believe he would do that if he was frightened to be there. He gets groomed there and they do a decent job. I really don't have any complaints and believe that my dog is quite well taken care of when in their care.

• Mi
      28th of Apr, 2009

First, let me say that I have a THREE YEAR history with Judy and I find it very hard to believe the above complaints! We have taken our German Shepard to Judy's paw spa and now Flying High Pet Resort for 3 years and have NEVER experienced any mistreatment at the hands of the owner and her staff. In fact, we have found them to be extremely loving and concerned with every aspect of our dog's care. Once when our dog was boarded she would not eat the food that we had provided so Judy went to the grocery store and purchased and cooked chicken so Mira would eat. Judy and staff have always been the first to notice hot spots or any potential problems and to check with us to see if we were aware of the problem. We could not ask for any better care for our Mira.Mira has always been very excited to go to day care and as stated above, if she was mistreated, that would not be true. We have boarded Mira at other facilities and NONE hold a candle to Flying High Pet Resort. I have never seen Judy, or her staff, treat any dog different, they are all special to Judy and her staff.
    PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE FLYING HIGH RESORT BASED ON THE ABOVE DISGRUNTLED INDIVIDUALS - THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION!
    Rusty Herman

• De
      19th of May, 2009

We own two three-year old golden retreivers and one miniature schnauzer. They have had one-day grooming and boarding; one-week stays; and, even two-week stays. All three dogs are eager to go inside the dog area, love the staff, and there is a television in the lobby which one can view the dog area and dogs playing, running, etc. at all times. Our dogs are sad to leave, and have made many nice dog friends. They are always loved and always taken care of in a loving and caring manner. The staff at this pet resort is always kind to our family and we will always feel comfortable that our dogs are safe and well taken care of. Let go of whatever personal issues you have and stop attacking this facility and its staff. We have many reference points from vet boarding to house-pet-sitters and kennels, and Flying Pet Resort is a premium facility. Fondly, A very satisfied client

• Ra
      20th of May, 2009

Flying High Pet Resort is the greatest place I have ever taken my dog. The staff is incredible and the owners are the most loving people I have ever dealt with. I would trust them with my child.

• Sm