Flyglobespan / Terrible experience!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Right, This is what T.Dalrymple & Co think of their customers. (some of long standing). Recently, an officer from Edinburgh Trading Standards interviewed globespan regarding complaints from the public. I don't know the detail of all complaints, but mine was that they knowingly combine flights without prior warning (at booking time) to the clients. I consider that what you book on their website and what you actually receive are two entirely different products. This verges on gross misrepresentation. What right have globespan to take people to places against their will. The possibility of flight integration should be made clear at time of booking and let the PAYING CLIENT DECIDE if they are prepared to accept this re-routing. This should not be globespans decision.

Their reply to the TS officer was that if clients don't like how globespan operate, then they should just find another airline. How bloody ARROGANT can anyone get. Yet again they hide behind the Holy Grail, (their terms & conditions). telling the TS officer that they operate within the law. Apparently, another branch of Trading Standards is going to report them to the AUC (air transport users council) for their treatment of passengers.

What is also required here ,is that someone with financial muscle, hire a top lawyer to examine their Terms & Conditions in great detail, as I am sure that their T&C can't cover every complaint by every customer. There also needs to be publicly posted information on what exactly constitutes their rules as compared to Gross Misrepresentation. I rather think globespan could well become unstuck on this point.

Finally, I don't think TD & Co. realize the danger to their staff & passengers by unannounced flight integration. On my flight, some extremely angry passengers were becoming very abusive when they found their pre booked seats already taken. The language was foul and very heated. I expected a punch up at any moment. This put unnecessary stress on the cabin staff and was alarming for other passengers. I think the Captain was about to intervene at one point. What would happen if there was physical violence in the confined space of an aircraft?? I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Comments

• Mc
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Flyglobespan - flight left without us!!
    FLYGLOBESPAN
    PO Box 422
    Cumberland, BC
    British Columbia
    Phone: 250-336-8346

We flew to Ireland from Vancouver BC Canada with a 3 HOUR delay, on FLYGLOBESPAN, .. missed our connection, travelled through Europe for 6 weeks, (with every train, plane, and hydrofoil on the exact time which was on our itinery) and the last 3 weeks had no means of checking our email messages(why should we, were on holidays)and arrived back to Dublin airport at 11:30 am for our 3:00 pm flight for them to tell us, Flyglobespan left at 10:00am that day !!! I called immediatley as they don't have a desk there and no one to help so luckely I had written down the customer care phone # and the girl on the other end said there is nothing they could do and we were stranded in Dublin airport!! They said they had left us numerous messages, all at our home in canada(which we left 6 weeks earlier) and we recieved when we got home 2 days later on Britsh Airlines for another $2, 000.00cdn on top of what we paid Flyglobespan!!! Be very aware of this airline, I read all the complaints, but went ahead anyway!! Anyone with ANY advise on how to be compensated in any way from this mess???? We did have a trip of our lifetime...except our very last day with this so called airline!! HELP!!!

• Lo
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Flyglobespan - Canceled flight!
    United Kingdom

I have just returned from New York with Delta... as my Globespam flight was canceled with no notification in advance. It was canceled for 2 days, again no offers for hotels, or alternative arrangements. They did not even have a representative, only staff from JFK. I had to purchase a separate ticket from Delta and pay a full peak price ticket to fly home the same day. I have emailed them and had no response and have sent a letter with all my documentation, no response... Insurance will not cover this as it is the airlines responsibility to reimburse one for canceled flights. What should I do???

• Ly
      8th of Aug, 2016

Same thing happened to me and my 2 teenagers, the day before my flight back to JFK on July 3rd , was told me flight was canceled and they might be able to get on a flight 4 days later on July 7th with no other offer, they said I was welcome to get my refund of the return led of the flight $1062.00 so I could book with another airline. I had no choice but to do that to the tune of $2.800.00 plus a $100.00 cab fare to Manchester. I would love any info on getting compensation for my flights,
    plus I still have not received the $1062.00.

Thanks Lynn.

• Jm
    Flyglobespan - amendment to flight

having booked 3 flights to lanzarote for june 26th in december and paying in full for flights leaving at 9am i have just recieved an amendment saying the flight is now leaving at 18.00hrs i find this totally unacceptable as we now have 9 hours taken off our holiday if i had any way of knowing this would happen i certainly would not have booked and payed for flights with your company. in future i will be very wary of booking any flights with your company again

• Su
    Flyglobespan - Rude service
    Canada

In the waiting lounge the ground service announced premier seats passenger get in first and then said a series of name very quickly, I didn't catch that, but at the same time I heard other passengers discussing:'' ...they are just calling in premiers, not us...'' I booked the economy seat so I waited while there were still lots of people in the waiting lounge. 5 minutes later they announced something like:'' passenger Achmarhton, Salisbury, come to the front desk if you still want to get in'' And I realised that maybe the people remain in the same waiting lounge are waiting for different flight. And the surname Achmarhton could be Achmarh and Ton. I appologised to the girl at the front desk and said:''Sorry I thought...'' and she interrupted me even without listening my first sentence:''No! it's not!''

But later it turned out she was not in a hurry as they haven't finished mechanical checking, then why would she be so rude and impatient?

• Li
      8th of Aug, 2016
    Flyglobespan - Price, food, seating etc.
    Canada

I flew with flyglobespan on may 4/07 having booked in october 2006, going to glasgow from hamilton airport on flight gsm132. In the end i had paid them $756.92.

When i spoke to other people who were flying on the same flight they seemed to have paid around $400. Why would i be penalized because "i thought highly of them as my relatives in scotland use them and said they were the best" well, i'll tell you that i have never been on such a terrible airline and will never fly with them again.

1. We were told to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of the departure time. I got there at 5:30 pm the flight was supposed to leave at 21:00... We did not leave until after 2:00am .

2. When we got on the plane the seats were not the seats that had been booked, i guess it was a different plane. I sat right next to the toilet and a very large man who shared most of my seat.

3. They further delayed the plane by having 2 bags unaccounted for and proceeded to count passengers and then count all the bags again. Making us even later.

4. They changed my leaving dates so i lost 2 days of my vacation as it was.

5. The food was terrible, we got one drink and couldn't get any more for some reason.

6. We were supposed to get duty free spirits on the plane, when asked about this they told us "they didn't have time to come round with duty free"???

7. I was also sure that when i got to my destination some of my clothing was missing but what could i do???

8. There was no one at the hamilton airport to get information from.

9. After all those hours of waiting to get on the plane, no food or drinks were offered to us and i felt sorry for the young children and the elderly.

• Ab

I know how that is.

8th of Aug, 2016

Notice my earlier complaint. I said my sister-in-laws flight was 19 hours late a week ago and my wife's was 7 (last night, 6/28/07). I spoke too soon. I had assumed my wife's flight took off at the projected time (it's hard to get info - they don't answer their phone and their web site won't tell you flight status). It turns out it still hasn't taken off, 14 hours after its original schedule. They project it will leave 20 hours after that schedule. What do you suspect the odds of that estimate being correct are. No repeat business here.

Flyglobespan - Late flights

You may have missed my earlier message regarding a flyglobescan flight my wife has been taking for two days from Kennedy aiport in NY to Knock airport in Ireland. I said this was the same flight that my sister-in-law took last week that was 19 hours late. And that my wife's flight (schedule to take off Thursday, 6/28; it's now Saturday at 7:25pm) was going to be 36 hours late (I think that was the last report). Well at long last is seems it will take off at 8pm tonight, Saturday, 48 hours late. They had to fly a part in from Seattle, Wash (USA). The part apparently arrived and I guess that means they didn't use one of their own airplanes to bring the flight. Also, the flight scheduled for last night, Friday, hasn't taken off yet either and prospects don't look good. They moved as many passengers as they had room for to Thursday's flight (my wife's) leaving on Saturday. Let's all cross our fingers and wish luck to the remaining Friday passengers. Let's be optimistic and hope their flight will leave tomorrow and only be 48 hours late. Maybe we better wish my wife luck. After all, this 8pm estimate, even if it is only 30 minutes from now, is the 7th or 8th departure estimate that they gave her. So, does anybody out there thing we'll be flying flyglobespan again anytime soon?

Flyglobespan - Late flights are the norm

My wife and my sister-in-law both flew flyglobespan from Kennedy airport in NY to Ireland on separate flights a week apart. My sister-in-law's flight was 19 hours late (yes, you read correctly - 19 hours late). A week later my wife's flight was 7 hours late. Friends in Ireland and staff at the Airport in Ireland have told us that seriously missed schedule times are routine for this airline and that people in Ireland think their schedules are a joke. And they actually do laugh about it. My wife and her sister chose the airline because they flew to Knock and that would save them 2 hours driving. However, it cost her sister a net of 17 hours and my wife 5 hours. Never again.