FlyCell.com / unautorized charges on cell phone

United States Review updated:
4.15
IT IS TWICE NOW THAT I HAVE RECEIVED CHARGES ON MY CELL PHONE BILL I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. WHEN I CALLED MY SERVICE PROVIDER (ALLTEL) THEY TELL ME IT IS A THIRD PARTY THAT HAD TEXT MY NUMBER AND WE NEED TO TEXT MESSAGE STOP BACK TO THEM. BUT WE STILL HAVE TO PAY THE CHARGES. WHEN I CALLED FLY CELL THEY TOLD ME THEY TEXT MESSAGE AND IF YOU DON'T WRITE STOP BACK YOU WILL BE CHARGED. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO TEXT WHOM EVER THEY WANT AND CHARGE? ISNN'T THIS ILLEGAL?

Comments

Ri
  25th of Jul, 2009

FlyCell.com - fraud

"FREE RINGTONES" LIE, they billed me almost $20.00 I never downloaded anything, just entered my phone number and they went into my PREPAID account and STOLE my money. THEIVES, I don't know how they can act like they are any thing other than THEIVES. Cant wait till they get hit with a class action suit even if only the lawyers get any money. May everyone involved with this fraud get what they deserve, THEIVES!!!
As
  12th of Sep, 2009
FlyCell.com just charged me $19.99 for services I didn't order. I called my telephone carrier and they credited my account, thankfully!
Flycell.com are definate scammers and I will be contacting the FCC, the BBB and the Attorney General.
I thought "PHONE-SLAMMING" was illegal!
Tr
  10th of Oct, 2009
We had the same experience, both with Flycell and Pictavision. Showed up on last 2 stmts. ATT is crediting our account. But now, I have to figure out how to stop it ongoing. Thanks for all the postings - now we know we aren't alone.
Co
  28th of Dec, 2009
I was looking to download some ringtones and was directed to this site for FREE ringtones. The site wanted my cell phone # for me to get on to look. NEVER once did it indicate that was I was authorizing them to bill my account $19.95. I looked around and realized there were no free ringtones to be had and I logged off. It wasn't until I received my cell phone bill that I realized they billed my account and also signed me up for a monthly charge of $19.95. What a ripoff. Thank God I called AT&T and they were willing to reverse the charge and cancel any future charges for me. BEWARE !!!
Un
  2nd of Jan, 2010
My phone is now being charged by pictavision now, also. I'm going to contact at&t immediately to complain about this problem. Thanks to all of you for the information. This is an outrage!
Le
  30th of Jan, 2010

FlyCell.com - Unauthorized Charge
Manhattan
Kansas
lmhimes2@gmail.com

In looking at various options available on my new phone, I ended up on a site wanting me to buy ringtones, wallpapers, etc. I optioned out of the site and exited this option. Two weeks later I get charged $19.99 for a STILL as of yet explained service! WTH???
Za
  3rd of Mar, 2010
I been searching on the net about this "Flycell Scam" as I am a victim as well. I been receiving messges from Flycell about free ringtones last December which I did not accept. But since then I just keep on putting money on my Cellphone and losing it without using it. Just tonight I log on to my Cellphone provider website as I am so angry and desperate to find out what is going on and where does my money goes. This time I saw the details of my of Statement and all the money goes to Flycell. How can this company do this without my permission? and now, there is so many people here with the same experience and problems as I have.
Rt
  13th of Aug, 2010
Pictavision Information-- They are charging my account $3.99 a month without me authorizing it as well with AT&T. Here is how it says to cancel on the Pictavision website: (http://support.dotphoto.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5707)

How do I cancel my paid subscription?

To cancel your paid subscription, send a request to dotPhoto Customer Support.

You may cancel your paid subscription from the point of last billing. This means if you have been billed for this month, this month's billing will stand.

Any print credits you acquired are cancelled at the time the plan is cancelled. You should keep your account active until you have utilized all your print credits. Once the credits have been used, please contact dotPhoto so we can discontinue billing.

Cancelling your subscription does not close your dotPhoto account. Instead, your account converts to a free membership. dotPhoto provides free digital storage to our members as long as your account remains active. Your images stay in your active account until you delete them.

An account that is not logged in to or viewed for 90 days or does not have a purchase within the last year is considered inactive. If your account becomes inactive, your photos are removed. Please remember to visit your account at least once a month and make at least one purchase a year to keep your dotPhoto account active.

Terms are subject to change and may not be reflected in this FAQ. For the most current terms, please see our terms of service at the bottom of each page.
Ba
  14th of Sep, 2010
this is horrible to answer questions and to be told I have already been charged and he didn't do it the cellphone did. wow