Fluidmaster-S2DBL / Does Not Work

1 Ferndale, MI, United States Review updated:

I purchased the S2DBL that allegedly will save money with a dual flush system. The unit worked for about 60 days and then failed, that is it allows the toilet to "run" continously. Unlike a conventional flapper there is no option to prevent this so the only option is to replace it. I do not recommend this product as it has costed more water than it saved.

Comments

• Ph
      Mar 28, 2011

I just purchased and installed this unit... it worked for about 9 flushes then it overflowed into my bathroom and will not fully flush no matter how I adjust it. I think I wasted a month's worth of flushing water setting it up in the first place.

• Sc
      Oct 06, 2011

I'm into my 2 week with the Fluidmaster S2DBL. I have leaks and it will not fully flush. I have called the support line and as advised I have check the flush valve grey gasket to ensure it is set in the groove. Also, as advised I have lowered the grey float to its lowest setting still no full flush. When it does flush it doesn't fill the bowl. Forget the half flush. I paid more than three times what a plain on fill and with rubber flapper. Five year warranty, but who wants to install another one of these too bad it can't flush itself.