Flowersdirect.co. Uk / Flowers for Valentine's [slugs]

1 Anchor Buildings, WestgateMorecambe, England, Lancashire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0871 750 1224

The letter I sent to them...

*******************************************************************

Georgina, Richard,

I am writing to confirm the recepient received the flowers, teddy and balloon on the day as requested. I am also writing to complain about the contents as follows:

1. I paid extra for medium to receive "as displayed" and all the oriental lillies are still buds none have flowered which is a slight disappointment from a quality as well as colour/vivid point of view, then again they will improve with time.

2. I cannot believe this occurence was disgusted further by the presence of slugs in the bouquet, which is outright disgusting and simply unacceptable.

I can understand mistakes happen but this is too much for my valentine, and more importantly my fiance. Now I just cant face her and her family to think the flowers were a a letdown but slugs as well. It says a lot about me and my choice of gifts and their suppliers.

I shopped around to find the nicest bouquet across all websites, with guaranteed delivery on the saturday, no consideration for price or reputation (which is hard to find). Now Im regretting it and will most likely next time go with reputation rather than going by just pictures.

I am not looking for any financial imbursment, I just want you to know how dissatisfied and upset both me and my fiance are and hope its not affected other couples. However, if you feel there is anything that can make up for this humiliating Valentine's day, I will reserve an open mind to your suggestions.

Comments

• Ll
      21st of May, 2009

DO NOT BUY FROM FLOWERS DIRECT - DO NOT BUY FROM FLOWERS DIRECT. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOUR CASH.

THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW BEAUTIFUL THE FLOWERS ARE AND ABOUT THEIR FANTASTIC QUALITY WHEN MOST DELIVERIES ARE POORLY

THEY WILL EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO TELL YOU THAT THEY CAN DELIVER IT WITHIN AN ESTIMATED TIME WHICH IS WHAT THEY DID TO ME. WHEN I ASKED THEM WHERE WAS THE DELIVERY THEY - STATED IT WOULD BE DELIVERED MUCH, MUCH, MUCH LATER WHICH SPOILT THE WHOLE THING.

THEY ARE SO BAD THAT THEY DO NOT REVEAL THE NAME OF THE FLORISTS OR WHERE THE FLOWERS WILL BE DELIVERED FROM BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS SO BAD AND THEY HAVE HAD SO MANY COMPLAINTS.

DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER PENNY WITH THIS COMPANY.

FLOWERS DIRECT RIPS OFF ITS CLIENTS IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER

• Ll
      21st of May, 2009

Georgina and Richard,

I am sorry this happened to you and I also experienced terrible circumstances with this company. The only thing you can do is to contribute to as many [redacted] forums about them because they are doing this to other customers. I am one of them.

In times like these ( when there is a recession) these people need to understand that they cannot take people's money and do what they want. They feel smug as if 'no one can touch us and we can do what we want' but It doesnt work that way. It will come to a time when they shut down because of customer dissatisfaction.

For all customers - always type in the name of the company you are buying from online for the first time followed by the word 'complaints' . For instance put 'Flowers Direct complaints' before you buy from them or any other online company. If it is a company you should be worried about, something will certainly come up!

14th of Oct, 2009
    Flowersdirect.co.uk - Very angry!
    FlowersDirect.co.uk
    flowersdirect.co.uk

I recently ordered some flowers as a gift in the UK (we live in Australia). I used a UK service as it is much cheaper than Interflora or other international companies.

I spoke to my family a few days later and they had found a card saying that a parcel was waiting for them at the post office. This was now Sat afternoon so they didn't have time to go and thought there would be no problem waiting until Monday. They were of course very upset to find a box of dead flowers waiting for them.

The terms and conditions on the website state that they would try to leave with a neighbour first (which they didn't do) and failing that they would try to re-deliver later on (which they didn't do) and leave a card with a phone no to contact (which they didn't do).

I wrote to them and asked for a refund or a re-delivery. They state that they tried to deliver them and could only deliver to the recipient (which is not what it said on the T&Cs) and if they are not there they will be delivered to the post office.

They are completely ignoring my emails now. I have just today threatened legal action as they are in breach of contract.

What should I do now, it is so hard being so far away and they are just ignoring my emails now! SO SO ANGRY!!