Flowerscanada.com / Totally unacceptable and unprofessional service!

1 Canada Review updated:

We ordered a large flower arrangement via email for wife's grandmother's funeral on Feb 28th, 2007 from FlowersCanada.com, who are an FTD affiliate.

They were from my wife, myself, her father, his wife and son. The flowers were to be delivered to the funeral home on Friday the 2nd of March. As of Saturday the 3rd of March, shortly before the funeral, they had not been delivered. I emailed FlowersCanada.com Friday night as soon as we found out they had not been delivered that day, asking for someone to call me immediately with a response.

FlowersCanada.com responded by sending an email Saturday morning (5:47am Vancouver time, 9:47am Nova Scotia time) saying they were checking into it and would get back to us. I called them Saturday at 9:00am Vancouver time, 1:00pm Nova Scotia time the time of the funeral), VERY upset that the flowers were not delivered in time for the funeral and all they said was they were going to check with the delivery company. Jakki, the girl I was speaking with at FlowersCanada.com put some guy on the phone who wouldn't give me his name but said he was "someone who I couldn't ### around with" proceeded to call me a ###, a homo, and taunting me to come over there saying he'd "fix me right up"! The conversation ended with my hanging up on them. My wife was in tears that the flowers were not there for the funeral and YES, I was very pissed off and said that FlowersCanada.com screwed up and since the flowers didn't arrive in time for the funeral they might as well shove them up the delivery person's butt. FlowersCanada.com had no reason for treating us like this, they are the ones who did not deliver on their "100% Guaranteed" and "Same Day Delivery" policies as advertised on their website, we even gave them an extra day to deliver the flowers.

I did not call Jakki at FlowersCanada.com anything derogatory... Mr. Smart ### customer service guy well that's a different story but he came on the phone cursing and swearing at me right off the bat. I have called Visa and cancelled payment but I want these problems to go on record and other potential customers to know what kind of a company and service these bunch offer.

Since this happened we had the family check with the local florist (where the funeral was) and have found out that the florist received an order from FlowersCanada.com late Saturday morning, presumably after I had called and complained.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE! DO NOT deal with these guys they are absolutely unprofessional and should be out of business.

Comments

• Ms
      6th of Apr, 2007

We've been dealing with them since 1998, never had a problem. Sounds unusual. I have to question the use of this complaint obviously because it would appear he is trying to defend his own bad attitude on the phone. "I did not call Jakki at FlowersCanada.com anything derogatory..." and then admits to saying to the clerk "shove them up the delivery person's butt." Who says that?? Questionable complaint if you ask me. It is unfortunate that people have to act like this these days.

• Ta
      12th of May, 2010

I've just had a bad experience with Flowerscanada.com and was dealing with the same person 'Jakki'. I ordered flowers for my Mother for Mothers Day 2010). I specified that they should be delivered on Saturday (since the site says there are no deliveries on Sunday and my parents were out of town until verylate Friday night) with alternate instructions that the arrangement be left at another address in the community in case no one was home.

The flowers ended up being delivered the day before and were left out in sub-zero temperatures on their side (though the package indicated it should be kept upright). The bouquet of tulips was ruined.

When I contacted I got nothing but attitude from Jakki and when I called them on the various mistakes made on their behalf she tried to explain everything away. I was told UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays, to which I argued that this was not explained on the site when I ordered - why would they allow me to choose Saturday if they do not deliver on Saturday? I was told they don't deliver to alternate addresses because UPS doesn't allow for multiple addesses on the labels.

I order flowers for my Mom for her birthday and Mothers Day; for my parents on their anniversary and for my mother in law on her birthday and mothers day. They've lost my business and Jakki should be ashamed of herself.

• Da
      28th of Nov, 2011

I had an awful experience with them, and I had to deal with Jackie as well. I ordered flowers from them to be delivered at a funeral, only to find out some time after that they hadn't. I called so see what happened, and Jackie (she's the manager) was rude and unreasonable. They do not know who received the flowers, and still they refuse to make it up to me. She told me she was going to consult with the owner of the place and call me the next day. That was over a week ago and I'm still waiting.

• Mm
      5th of Aug, 2016

i ordered flowers for 79.98... decided to add the +(Mylar Balloon 1x$10.00) $10.00 to make it extra special (friends 70th)... flowers arrived... no balloon... called three times and was told refund coming... no refund EVER arrived!!! when you call their customer service line it goes straight to voicemail. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS TO ORDER FLOWERS...!!!