Flowers Direct / Very disappointing and disgraceful service

1 Edinburgh, Scotland, Central, United Kingdom Review updated:

I had ordered the bouquet called "Perfect Surprise" (Ref: fbi010) to be delivered for my sister's Birthday on 13th April in Edinburgh. The delivery date was clearly mentioned.

I am deeply disappointed and annoyed with what was done by FlowersDirect and hope to warn everyone who uses this service.

Here's what has happened with my order:

* It was a birthday order, wasn't it SUPPOSED to reach the person on her BIRTHDAY? But their delivery man had the audacity to deliver it a day before, on 12th of April.

* There was a PRICE TAG which was not removed from the bouquet, which added to the embarrassment. FYI - gifts & flowers worldwide, never have price tags.

* The flowers as mentioned on [ http://www.flowersdirect.co.uk/Birthday-Flowers/Perfect-Surprise/invt/fbi010 ] - Spray Roses, Carnations and scented Freesia were hardly the truth. The bouquet was bland, not colorful and had hardly any roses.

* The vase, though included was not even close to what was shown in the picture. It was just some vase given for the sake of it.

* If you compare the bouquet to the one shown on the site, they are distinctly different. How will customers know that the site is showing some different pictures?

I ordered this from Flowersdirect assuming it as a world-class service which ties so many countries and local florists together. I liked the site and the experience, but all that boiled down to literally zilch, a completely futile exercise.

I'm from India and I must say in a developing country such as ours, they have much better online services. I spent a good lot on money on that bouquet especially when in pounds, the world's maximum conversion rate.

The 'perfect surprise' was indeed surprising and is going to soon surprise more people on the internet.

Cl

Comments

14th of Mar, 2009
    Flowers Direct - Error Message
    flowersdirect.co.uk

I have used Flowers Direct before and their flowers seem to be pretty good. This time, however, I tried to send my mother some flowers through their online ordering system. I received an error message that my order had not been processed. I thought that maybe I had forgotten my password, so I tried again, setting up a new account with a different e-mail address. Again, I received an error message telling me that my order had not been processed. I did not receive an e-mail from Flowers Direct for either of the failed orders.
    So I gave up and sent my mother flowers through a different company. Yes, you guessed - my mother received 3 sets of flowers, and I now have to pay for all of them. I e-mailed Flowers Direct, and was told - sorry - the error message told you to call us. Now I don't know if this is true - I can't find out unless I order some flowers again. Which obviously I am not going to do. But if I receive an error message telling me that my order has not been processed, I foolishly assume that my order has not been processed. I shouldn't need to make an international telephone call to ask if the error message is true or not. I called Flowers Direct, and was basically told "too bad", and my credit card company will not contest the charge because the goods were received. Apparently my 85-year-old mother should have figured this all out and refused or returned the flowers. So I'm stuck. It's not an enormous amount of money (although it is for me), but it's the principle that makes me very angry.

21st of May, 2009

They are still ripping people off. I had a bad experience with them. If you click on my name you can read it. They are obviously hungry for money - the word must get out about the number of complaints from customers about this company

Flowers Direct - They say anything for the money
    United Kingdom

DO NOT BUY FROM FLOWERS DIRECT. THIS IS A COMPANY THAT WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOUR CASH.

THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW BEAUTIFUL THE FLOWERS ARE AND ABOUT THEIR FANTASTIC QUALITY WHEN MOST DELIVERIES ARE POORLY

THEY WILL EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO TELL YOU THAT THEY CAN DELIVER IT WITHIN AN ESTIMATED TIME WHICH IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME WHEN THERE IS NOT GUARANTEED TIME. BUT TO GET THE MONEY PROMISES ARE EASY

FIRST THEY TOOK DOWN THE WRONG BILLING ADDRESS EVEN THOUGH I HAD REPEATED IT TO THEM SEVERAL TIMES

WHEN THE 'EARLY AFTERNOON DELIVERY BETWEEN 1 AND 2 PM TIME CAME AND WENT AS I WAS TOLD - I ASKED THEM WHERE WAS THE DELIVERY. THEY SAID IT WOULD BE "DELIVERED IMMEDIATELY" AND THAT IT WAS 'OUT' IN THE VAN AND ON ITS WAY.

NO SIGN OF THE DELIVERY

I CALLED BACK WHERE A REPRESENTATIVE TRIED TO BULLY ME OFF THE PHONE AFTER TELLING ME IT WOULD BE DELIVERED MUCH LATER WITHOUT APOLOGY - THEN I WAS TOLD 'THERE WAS A MIX UP WITH DELIVERIES AND IT WOULDN'T BE DELIVERED UNTIL SEVERAL HOURS LATER WHICH SPOILT THE WHOLE THING.

NO APOLOGY - THAT WORD DIDN'T EVEN COME UP - THEY ARE JUST UGLY, UGLY BULLIES WHO THINK THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.

THEY ARE SO BAD THAT THEY DO NOT REVEAL THE NAME OF THE FLORISTS OR WHERE THE FLOWERS WILL BE DELIVERED FROM BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS SO BAD AND THEY HAVE MANY COMPLAINTS.

THEY ARE VERY 'NICE' WHEN YOU ARE ORDERING - THAT'S WHEN THEY ARE GETTING THE MONEY - AFTER THAT YOU CAN GO TO HELL

DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER PENNY WITH THIS COMPANY.

FLOWERS DIRECT RIPS OFF ITS CLIENTS IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER

21st of May, 2009

THE GENERAL RATING FOR FLOWERS DIRECT UK FROM CUSTOMERS' REVIEWS ON DIFFERENT COMPLAINT BOARDS AND REVIEW SITES IS 3 OUT OF 10.

I GIVE THEM ZERO

• Ki
      24th of Aug, 2009
    Flowers Direct - Being charged 3 times for flowers
    England, Greater Manchester
    United Kingdom
    flowersdirect.co.uk

They took 3 payments out of my account for one lot flowers (which were left outside in the rain for 2 days because they didn't put a note through to say the flowers were there).

When I complained about the 3 payments, they said it will take 3-5 days to re-credit my account with 2 payments. Insincere apology started each email and no acknowledgement for the fact they caused me to go overdrawn.

I'll never use them again - use at your peril!! Adn don't forget to check your statement...

• Fl
      24th of Aug, 2009

Miss Hilditch,

Thank you for raising your concerns with Flowers Direct.

As a senior manager in the business and after our lengthy conversation I am deeply sorry we have not succeeded your expectations on this occasion.

As you know you raised the issue of the overpayments today and we have investigated this with streamline who confirm three payments had been taken at the time of purchase. We have investigated this with our IT people and streamline who confirm the reason for this was three different payments was made. We did talk to streamline the day after the purchase who confirmed only one payment would be processed.

We have today refunded your money in full and I have offered a full refund of your bank charges which you have refused. I'm deeply sorry you have found it necessary to post your experience on forums without allowing me the opportunity to restore your faith in my company.

We offer a no quibble guarantee to all our customer which is unique in the floral marketplace. Once again please accept my sincere apologies for any incommode caused.

Kind Regards

• Cl
      13th of Apr, 2010

I understand your view. But its always a better feeling for the recipient if the gift is received on the day of the occasion. In fact since its a social custom to deliver flowers on the day of the celebration, especially when you schedule it from the merchant, you expect it to happen as confirmed.

The price tag was funny I agree, but I'm having my fun complaining about it.

I didn't order the cheapest one, you may see the link and compare it with other bouquets. A bouquet worth 40 pounds is surely not expensive, but not a cheap one.

As a florist, they are not supposed to deliver stale flowers, so explains your point of an advance delivery.

Thanks for the comment though.