Flower Girl Princess / Altered product

I purchased one MB163 - Ivory Organza Flower Pick Up Dress (mb163ivory) in a size 2 for $49.99 on Wednesday 2/17/2010. There was a $13.50 shipping charge. I paid with my American Express card a total of $63.49. I had great customer service and the dress arrived on Saturday 2/20/2010. I opened the box with the dress and found it on a plastic hanger, which was too big for the dress and had a number 2 hand written on it twice. It was wrapped in a very thin bag. It was folded into a medium size box. I opened the package and found that the dress looked to be altered. The website has a very clear picture of the dress and it had green ribbon behind each flower. The dress I received had no such ribbon and some of the flowers were glued on while others were sewn on. It also had no tags and appeared to be slightly used. My guess was someone purchased it or used it and made alterations to the flowers then didn't like it and returned it. This could have been done before or after the manufacturer sent it to flowergirlprincess.com. However, I have the dress and you can clearly see someone cut off green ribbon. You can still see the ribbon behind the flowers but it was cut so that it did not show unless it was being looked for. I sent a message through their site Saturday evening explaining the issues with the dress and how I would like them to exchange it with no cost to me and they replied on 7/21/2010 with "These dresses have neither been altered nor returned. Your dresses are direct from the manufacturer as they are made by the manufacturer and never removed from their manufacturer garment bags. Should you want to return your dresses you may send them back to flowergirlprincess po box 11151 waterbury CT. There is a 15 percent restocking fee and shippning fees are non refundable." I find this not an acceptable option and I sent them pictures showing the alterations made. I advised them I would not accept their terms for exchange and that I would contact the BBB and review sites unless they handled this in a more acceptable manner. They replied saying it was a stock photo on their site and the dresses are subject to variations per the manufacturer. They also stated that the dress I purchased does not come with tags from the manufacturer. They say the dress was not a return nor had it been altered in anyway at their store. They say all the MB163 dresses in stock there are all the same at this time. They continue to state I can return it at my expense and pay the $15 restocking fee. I emailed them yet another email because I could not get through to them the next day over the phone. I wanted them to understand that I would dispute this with you and that since I purchased it with my American Express card I can also dispute it with them. I again told them I will post reviews of this everywhere I can and to contact me by 2pm today. (7/22) When they replied they replied "It appears as if you have already taken it upon yourself to solve your problem. Please note according to your credit card company in order to receive a refund you must return the merchandise." My email said nothing about getting a refund but only about disputing it and I sent them another return email which I admit was not very nice. They replied with out changing the options and told me I could take another route. Here I am... All emails are available and I would be happy to forward those to the BBB as well as multiple pictures of the dress and what the website shows. I will contact Amex and the review sites as well as anyone else who will listen. I have witnesses of me opening the box and the condition the dress was in at that time so there is no way I could have done these alterations. The dress is in my laundry room at the moment hanging up in the bag. I am sure I can pay to have it altered back to the original manner in which it was made. It had ribbon at one time; you can see parts of it behind the flower and where it was cut off! (this was the official BBB complaint. It has also gone to American Express and I will continue to post this on all the sites I can find as well as anyone else I think of... Next is the newspapers and Live on Your Side, News Channel 5.)

Ev

Comments

• Ly
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I ordered 3 flower girl dresses from them on 2/8/10 it is now 3/3/10 and was promised 5-7 day delivery. The dresses were out of stock. Several emails later they told me they would be sent out on 2/25/10, they still haven't been sent out. Everytime I complain they refer me to their shipping policy, which makes no sense and doesn't match what they have on the order page for the dress I am on the verge of taking this to the news and see them sweat. Hope I get the dresses or at least my money back, since they have already processed the payment even though they didn't even have the dresses in stock.

• Do
      21st of Apr, 2010

I also purchase from them 2 flower girl dresses. They sent the wrong color and made me pay the shipping costs to send them back for the correct color. They promissed me the correct color in a few days. Its no 8 days before my wedding: no dresses, no refund! i doubt i wille ver see my money or the dressses. They promised me today the dresses were in the store being unpacked ans shipping to me today. I called to confrim. They told me to check their website and promised a tracking # between 3:30-4:00 and off course no one picks up the phone. Debbie is the girl who lied to me over and over and over again. I checked to make sure the dresses were in stock before i purchased. They are scam artisit that steel peoples moeny. They have 44 complaints on BBB.

• Fa
      12th of Oct, 2010

I ORDER 2 DRESSES FOR MY GRILS 2 & 4 YEARS, IF YOU ORDER $100 OR OVER YOU WILL HAVE FREE SHIPPING WHEN I RECEIVED THE DRESSES THE SIZE 4 WAS TO BIG FOR MY 4YR OLD(THEY RUN TO BIG) I RETURNED THE DRESS & STATED THAT I WANTED TO DO AN EVEN EXCHANGE BUT NON OF THAT COUNTS PER THEIR GUIDE LINES THEY WANT TO YOU TO ORDED A NEW DRESS THE REASON WHY THIS COMPANY IS DOING THAT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE STILLING FROM CUSTOMERS. I PD $115.98 F0R BOTH DRESS $57.99 A PIECE WHEN I GOT MY CREDIT BACK THEY ONLY GAVE ME $35.79 BACK I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE & WAS TOLD IT WAS A 15% FOR RESTOCKING FEE & REST WAS FOR THE SHIPPING & HANDLING I TALKED TO THE MANAGER & ADVISED I WANTED TO DO THE EXCHANGE FOR THE SIZE 2 & SHE WILL STILL NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FEES SO I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR SHIPPING & HANDLING AGAIN...I THINK THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF AND THEIR STILLING FROM PEOPLE...IF THEY SAY FREE SHIPPING IS FREE SHIPPING YOU DONT GO & CHARGE BACK FOR THAT HOW CAN YOU STILL $22.2**************************DON'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE

• Jh
      24th of Feb, 2012

I thank you for your posts. I was ready to refer this site to my friends who are geting married and looking for flowergirl dresses. I now change my mind.

• Mo
      16th of Jun, 2012

Do not order from this website. If anything goes wrong, they will NOT answer your phone calls or emails. We placed and order for 2 dresses in March and still don't have anything. No dresses, no returned calls, no returned emails. NOTHING. They are very unprofessional and don't care about you or your event. I had to purchase 2 new dresses to replace the 2 I never received from these unprofessional people. Do yourself a favor, don't order from them. We ordered dresses and when they came in they look horrible. We returned them and asked for new dresses. Once we shipped the dresses off, we didnt receive the new dresses and no response from anyone. We have been scammed and had $140 stolen from us.