Florida Water Testing Inc. / Florida Water Testing Inc. a systematic and purposeful system of ignoring my communication with the owner, damage resulting in black mold.

1 Make contactOcala, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352-368-6694

I purchased a reverse osmosis system on Dec. 13, 2008 and by Jan. 15 2009 I had discovered a leak caused by a malfunction in the ‘fittings’. Florida Water Testing Inc. I'm afraid, has made a systematic and purposeful system of ignoring my communication with the owner, to whom I was told is the only one in a decision making position within that company. Repeated attempts to have phone calls return, has failed, and met with hostility by receptionist (self proclaimed ‘office manager’). Having seen five different contractors specializing in cabinetry, have given me a grim impression that serious damage has occurred under and across my back cabinets; I was informed that they can not be repaired but replaced. Receptionist, relayed that Florida Water Testing Inc. has their own contractors to do repairs, (I’m writing this now Mar. 2, 2009) nearly six weeks after my initial observation of water damage; this presumed gentleman has made no attempt at contact. I have had an install, a return visit to repair the initial leak, which only continued through out the night, until the next days damage was twice as bad, accompanied with an increase in the rate of water coming out of the ‘fitting’. I immediately made contact once more with Florida Water Testing Inc. and had another visit from their technician. Still waiting on communication that can remedy this unprofessional and potentially fatal mistake of Florida Water Testing Inc. – Black Mold, which is visible easily. I was also informed by one John Doyle of Classic Kitchens Inc., that even the very setup of my reverse osmosis system is prone to this occurrence in the future. He himself a licensed carpenter with ten years of plumbing experience, is not a licensed plumber but for what its worth, the people that installed the reverse osmosis system are neither licensed, insured, nor bonded to touch my plumbing. Having been quoted $3, 394.60 (not including any plumbing or electrical work) I feel like the notion of having to pay out of pocket for their improper installation, and getting into a civil dispute to have them reimburse me, is absolutely a waste of the courts time, and likewise my money. Yet, I’m aware of these unfavorable options.

Comments

• Fl
      16th of Mar, 2009

Date: March 9, 2008

Patty Sue Boyd
    3765 NE 17th Avenue
    Ocala, Fl 34479

RE: Reverse Osmosis purchase December 10, 2008

Dear Ms. Boyd,

After the purchase and installation of your water purifying system, the installer makes sure there is no leak from the system before he left your home. At that time there were no leaks. We also check The system when the water technician comes back to retest, also found no leaks.

On February 16, 2009 when you called stating you had a leak, service was sent out immediately. We also came back the next day because you stated you still had the leak again service was sent same day.

You claimed the system had been leaking since we installed it three months prior. My concern is why you would not call after the installation of your system. By not calling the office to inform us you allowed your twenty year old cabinets to become damaged. We respond to any leak a customer may have immediately. So as the cabinets do not become damaged.

It is possible that when going in your cabinet and moving things around you may have bumped the lines on the system causing the system to leak. And it not have been from the installation it self. The service men make sure there are no leaks at the end of the installation.

I explained to you that we would send someone out to repair the damage. Even thou you’re your warranty clearly states we do not assume responsibility for any water damage the system may cause directly or indirectly.

You were not satisfied with us replacing the bottom of the cabinet that had buckled from the water damage .When you called the office you stated you had a cabinet maker to replace the cabinets. You were told by me that we would not replace your twenty year old cabinets but we would only replace the bottom of the cabinet. And that we have our own service man that would take care of it.

That option is still available to you if you wish, you can call the office any time and I will schedule an appointment with you.

If you have any other questions or concerns please give me a call, our office hours are nine to five Monday thru Friday.

Sincerely,