Florida Van Lines / Moving nightmare

1 Clearwater, FL, United States

They are the most unreliable and unethical business I have ever known! DO NOT USE THEM! It all started with billing us a higher amount than the contract price. After 10 phone calls (oddly no one answers the phone after you either paid them or gave them a credit card number!) they finally provided a credit to the proper amount.

Next came the delays in arrival of furniture. We had agreed to a 3 day window - we waited each day but no truck arrived. No phone call from them informing us of the status. When I called them they had the same response each day "they are on thier way and will be there tomorrow". Well, 5 days later they showed up! The truck driver said he did not leave the originating city until 3 days ago - obviously the staff at Florida Van Lines was not truthful about the delivery.

Now comes the really frustrating part - they lost a box and won't re-imburse us for the lost contents. We paid full valuation premium! They have used excuses like - "we did not pack it so we can't verify what is in the box" and " we don't have to pay you anything like the airlines when they lose a bag they offer a fixed amount" less than the actual value.

I sent a complaint to the attorney gerneral of Florida who got the run around from Florida Van Lines. I then went to the county fraud department and they got the same excuses. I got a letter from Florida Van Lines saying if I wanted to make further claims that "I had to go through the arbitration process". This process through the suggested arbitrator was a $500 fee. Since the claim was for $575 they are playing hard ball knowing it is illogical to spend $500 to get $575 back. They even told the state attorney general office this!

Now I am in small claims court and must spend $175 to simply get reimbused for a box they lost!

DO NOT USE THEM!!! THEY ARE UNETHICAL AND DIFFICULT TO GET DESIRED RESULTS FROM