Florida Van Lines / Most stressfull and unorganized move I have ever had!

1 United States

Let me start by saying this was the most stressfull and unorganized move I have ever had.

First finances, we agreed upon a binding estimate of $6477.33, this included packing/unpacking of my mattresses shown on estimate at $281.76. Reviewing my BOL I was charged $6910.34 which included $221.21 added on for mattress packing and unpacking. My Master bedroom King was not even boxed and showed up with a large cut in it. As did the baby bed mattress.

Also, included in estimate and by you verbally were 13 miscellaneous boxes as needed. The guys showed up with none and I had to go out and purchase additional boxes during moving for $78.00.

The take down and put back together of beds was amusing as your men showed up with no tools and used mine, I ended up taking the futon bed apart as it was to hard. Upon arrival in Georgia I reassembled ALL beds due to lack of help and the delivery was entering its 3rd DAY !!!!! after being a day late to start with.

Once loading was finished I was left with an empty house and a full trailer unlocked sitting in front of my house Wes the driver called to say he would pick up in two hours. I spent the night on the floor waiting, while family went to hotel. I was not leaving everything I own sitting on the road unlocked all night, he arrived the next morning about 10am to pick it up, again Thanks.

I was called on Friday and told the saturday delivery was moved to sunday, Leaving me in an empty house with 3 kids and an infant. I requested to speak to someone and was told Nick was in charge but he was busy and would call me IM STILL WAITING.

The truck arrived on Sunday at 9am within an hour the guys wanted drinks etc... Sorry Im in an empty house, they unhooked cab all 3 left and came back an hour later said they were sick and spent the remainder of the day in cab, leaving twice again. Only the driver Scott attempted to unload anything the first day we basically had a garage full of boxes only.

I paid for them 2 hotel rooms that night hoping they could rest recover and return the following morning ready to go. We agreed they would come at 6:30-7am They arrived back at 9:40 am with only two guys working Scott and Kyle and they did bust their butts but this is not a two man job. I had my children help with small things my son and I help with the Large items. I assembeld furniture as needed. this was finally over at about 8pm on Monday night.

We have listed our damaged goods on the sheets as the driver instructed, we have since found that our refridgerator door water and Ice feed controls were broken when they took doors off incorrectly. HOW DO I PROCEED WITH DAMAGE CLAIM. ALSO I WOULD LIKE MY BILL CORRECTED FOR PACKING CHGS NOT DUE, LABOR I PROVIDED, HOTEL BILLS, AND MY PERSONAL INCONVIENCES.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE DELIVERY DRIVER SCOTT AND HIS ONE MAN KEITH/KYLE WORKED AS HARD AS ANY MAN COULD BUT THIS WAS NOT A TWO MAN JOB.

This is now October and has not been resolved 4 MONTHS This company is terrible, no help from anyone. Wont respond in timely manner acts like this is business usual.

Dj