Florida Solar / Solar Panels / No refund, no reply!

We had a contract with Florida Solar/Solar Advantage { 691 Progress Way, Sanford, FL 32771, Phone: [protected] , Toll Free: [protected] , Fax: [protected] } to replace the solar panel for the pool. The contract was to be completed by 4th April. However since no one showed up till then, the contract was canceled. Florida Solar had already charged $1100 on my credit card. We called up several times to get the credit back. Jennifer Lenn and Jerry Beckley promised us one time to look into the matter and give us the money back. However, after countless phone calls the money is not refunded yet. Nor does anyone reply back our calls.

We feel cheated by the company for our money and time. We have been charged for no work done by Florida Solar.

A  25th of Jun, 2007 by
We had a similar incident in our neighborhood. They set appointments with many of my neighbors, wrote contracts, did not complete the work as they said they would , and we were still charged for the work. This company is currently fighting in the court systems of South Florida and Central Florida for similar rip offs. They will take your calls, until they get your money.
N  4th of Jul, 2007 by
I want to say that I had Florida Solar panels installed on my house and installed in a timely manor. I was not charged until the job was completed by a very professional installation crew. I am extremely happy with my system installed by Florida Solar and would recommend this to all of my friends and neighbors! Also I will add I have spoken to Jennifer Lane on other issues and will say she is very professional and works hard to get the job done. It was a pleasure dealing with her and everybody in this Company!

Incidentally, I recommended them to my friends in South Florida and they did a wonderful job on their solar panels also. Go with this Company they have treated both myself and my referrals wonderfully!
A  19th of Mar, 2008 by
We have been closed down sorry for all of the money we have taken!
A  12th of May, 2008 by
Florida Solar started the project at our house (house and pool projects) did shoddy work to initiate the process, never came back and now we have a mess in our hands because we cannot pass local instpection. Other solar places are not willing to complete the job because of liability concerns. Phones are now disconnected and cellulars they had given us earlier are also not operational.