Florida Eye Institute / Excessive charge from an eye doctor

Last Friday I went to a clinic where the physician told me I had a form of contact dermatitis requiring steroids. He wrote a prescription and referred me to an eye doctor to rule out glaucoma.

The eye doctor diagnosed my condition as contact dermatitis, did a glaucoma test and prescribed another prescription for steroids and charged me $437.00.

I believe this charge is excessive especially since the cost was not disclosed earlier and the doctor at the clinic had already diagnosed my condition and prescribed.

I believe a vast cost reduction is in order.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      12th of Oct, 2008

I am the Public Relations Director of Florida Eye Institute in Vero Beach. We have no record of a patient with this name. I have attempted to contact the complaintant, Theresa Nelson, through her email link on this site. I have yet to receive a response. If she would like to discuss her charges with our office, she should contact us. Until then, I think it is unfair to post such a complaint under our company name.

Carrie Ludicke
    Florida Eye Institute
    772-569-9500, ext. 27
    www.fleye.com
    fleyeinstitute@aol.com

• Ga
      23rd of Dec, 2013

Hmm, good PR reply. You handled it professionally. It's unfortunate that someone feels they need to complain, but you rebounded with a respectful reply that addressed the issue. http://www.newvisioneyecenter.com/cfiles/procedures_lasik.cfm