Florida Department of Children and Families / treatment received by investigates, case works, home study

1 Charlotte County Florida, United States Review updated:

I had let son's family move in with me to try and protect children, I reported my son and wife to DCF after I had tried everything myself to protect their children from their parent drug abuse. 2 1/2 weeks after the initial interview they showed up at the house and took all three kids away. Refused to let me keep the children (I already had guardianship of them for a year months before). I am now being accused of being an alcoholic because I admitted to having an occasional drink! The children are separated and the boys are in a foster home an hour away. The children want to be with me. I have been fingerprinted 2 times, drug tested, background check and had my prescription pills counted out 3 times! Prescriptions for high blood pressure, cholesterol, fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome! I have offered to also take an alcohol test to prove my Innocence. I cannot believe this is all happening because I wanted to do the right thing. I alway heard about this happening with DCF but didn't believe it. My grandkids are suffering and I have never felt to degraded in my life.

Re
Jan 14, 2016
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Pa
      14th of Jan, 2016

This unfair treatment needs to stop! Their are children starving and being beaten but nothing is done about these children!