FLORIDA AIR DUCT CLEANERSBait And Switch

S Review updated:

Ordered a $35 Coupon, technician refused to preform job, claiming i have MOLD that will kill my kids he offered me a $1250 solution, all i wanted is to clean my ducts and not my ac unit since i have contract with service America. BEWARE its a scam, bait and switch!

More FLORIDA AIR DUCT CLEANERS Complaints & Reviews

Aug 18, 2009

I had a bad experience with this company as well, i paid $2k, they have the worst customer service, charge me $1000 for a $70 uv light, PEOPLE PLEASE BEWARE!!!

• W
      Oct 14, 2009

In regards to the complaints made by this "customers" are false acusations by the competition " JBL air duct cleaning, that posted the comments towards this company.
    FL AIR DUCT CLEANERS has a prestigious reputation, the customer service is impecable, the tecnichians provide the best service.
    FL AIR DUCT CLEANERS is an A rated company on the Better Bussines Bureau, this rate has been for the last 25 yrs.
    JBL or " FL A/C" as they try to change the name of the company due to the bad reputation the have now and all the complaints under "JBL air duct cleaning". And also trying to confuse the customers with a "NEW" company.
    The mistake was found when JBL air duct posted on different websites a complaint made by one of their customers and they just bodered to change the information, but they did not changed it completely at the end you will find
    = STAY AWAY FROM JBL - THEY ARE CROOKS! NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS!= that they forgot to change...
    FL AIR DUCT CLEANERS has been in bussines for more than 25 years and respects the promotions adverised do not base your decision on the information that you are provided by "false customers" go to trustable organizations such as the BBB

Jan 14, 2010

Florida air duct cleaners are SCAMMERS !!!
    Who clean air ducts for $35 ? this is a bait and switch company ! The owner Henry had a moving company before (EMPIRE) and you can read some scams he performed.
    They need to go out of business otherwise they will have a class action lawsuit.

Mar 01, 2010

I should have read this post before...they have been to my house twice and they still have not completed everything they said. They knew my family was sick and used that to tell me that I had MOLD...after over 1K paid to them the ac unit and all the work that they were to do is still not done. I have called the owner and no phone called back. I will file a complaint with BBB and call our state attorney on this company. Stay as far away from this company as possible !!!

• Y
      Mar 03, 2010

I agree a total scam. In addition, they had turned off one of my air handlers in the attic. Since i did not fall for the scam I had my local AC guy check things out. There was no mold, as they reported. As a matter of fact, the picture they showed me was not even of my coil. I total scam. In addition, Henry agreed to reimburse me for the service call from our local AC people for the negligence. he then yelled at me that they did not know what they were talking about. He never returned my calls. However, anyone interested in joining a suit against themshould post on this page

Jun 23, 2010

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! I had a technican come in just to clean my air ducts. The scam convinced me to "clean my A/C blower." The [censor] wired everything back wrong, and broke my cooling and heating! I had no air for 2 weeks! And when I called and complained the company told me they had fired him! The "technician" NEVER came back to fix what he broke. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! DO NOT HIRE!

Sep 14, 2010

I also received HORRIBLE SERVICE. I would never use this compay again and I would never recommend them to anyone. They can't manages the simplest things like returning a phone call or measuring properly to fit a filter. Their intent from the start was to sell me a new air handler rather than simply cleaning the ducts as was the advertized deal.

• E
      Oct 19, 2010

Don't waste your time with this company. If it sounds too good to be true, it is!

E&L

Oct 25, 2010

This company is a complete disgrace and the con artist owner and his evil workers will get a dose of bad karma sooner or later. Stay as far away from this bunch as possible.

Feb 01, 2011

A/C wasn't working. We found a coupon in a Value Pak envelope and decided to give them a call. They came out and told me my entire A/C unit was completely infested with mold and the only way to remedy the problem was to buy a whole new unit. So we did. It was less than 8 months that the A/C was installed when it broke down. After missing their appointment, and coming a day later. I was asked if I had a power surge. After saying "No, we haven't." I was told we had and that the transformer blew. Little did I know, they already installed the part and wanted to charge me $275 for it This was despite that fact that the unit was not even a year old and we supposedly had a 5yr service contract with them. I called the owner and asked for a bill first. Although I was respectful and professional, the owner of Florida Air Duct Cleaners proceeded to yell at me, saying, "I have so many customers, how do you expect me to believe that you'll pay me, I have no way of keeping track of bills!' (WHAT?) After calling me a worthless customer I politely said, "I don't want to argue with you, your techs will just have to take the new transformer out." It's also interesting to note that when I told the tech I felt like I was being ripped off, he agreed with me and said he felt bad there was no other way. From there the tech took the transformer out and I was once again, without A/C. It's interesting that they treat a paying customer this way. We've always paid them and on time as well. I must admit I feel ill every-time they come to my home because I feel I'm going to be ripped off...every time I'm right. Please, I beg you to do yourself a favor and never have this company do work for you. It's a dreadfully painful experience.

• A
      Feb 02, 2011

Florida air duct cleaners are by far the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with...dealing with these people is a hassle and I suggest you RUN!!..If i can go back to the day I hired them to install my ac I would surely use somebody else..I would have been willing to pay double and not have to deal with Ami or the uneducated idiots that answer their phones...DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..call COIT ..call someone..anyone ...TRUST ME

• N
      Feb 09, 2011

I gotta tell you guys...I feel bad for what you all went through, but know your comments helped a very vulnerable woman from falling prey to the same scam. I had just signed the contract for an entire duct system and cleaning with a pricetag of almost $5, 000. And that's after negotiating!! I just called to cancel the contract and the financing. Because my husband has bad allergies, I was attributing it to that and of course they said it was. Think I need to do more research on this first before i pay for anything! Sorry for your ordeal, but many, many thanks for helping me make my decision.

Feb 16, 2011

I called this company because of a coupon . They came out and the techs were very unprofessional and inappropriate. They were going in and out of bedrooms and my garage. I called the company to submit a complaint and the manager took a week to call me back. They also over charged me for work that wasn't completed. The manager said that the would send another tech out to inspect the work from the previous tech. A week later the doorbell rings and it is the same tech that came the first time. I told the tech that I did not deel comfortable with him and that I will call for another tech to to come and inspect the work since it didn't make sense why they would send the tech that I submited a complaint on back to my house. The tech became very aggressive and threatened me. I had to call the police to get him to leave my home. Thank god for my neighbor that heard me screaming and came to my rescue. Then when I calledtg company to ask the manager why he sent back the same tech h began to tell at me. This company is disgusting and should be out of business. If you want to be scamed and out your family in danger call them but if you cherish your safety stay away and warn all your friends and family. They also go by the name H/A air conditioning inc.

• T
      Apr 09, 2011

I WAS EMPLOY FOR THIS COMPANY AND EVERY COMPLAIN IS TRUE THE $25.00 IS ONLY A COUPON SO YOU CAN OPEN THE DOOR AND THEN THIS PEOPLE CONNECTED A MACHINE (ALL THE MACHINE THIS COMPANY HAVE IS BROKEN OR NOT DO THE JOB JUST MAKE NOISE)...THEN WHEN THE MACHINE IS CONNECTED ALL THE GAME STAR MAKE US TO OPEN THE UNIT AND THERE IS YOU HAVE MILDEW OR BACTERIA... AND THEN THE PRICE CHANGE THIS PEOPLE TELL YOU YOU NEED TO TAKE THE BLOWER OUT TO CLEANED AND KILL THE BACTERIA $250 EVAPORATOR COIL $350 SANITIZER SO YOU CAN KILL THE BACTERIA IN THE DUCT FROM $199 TO $280 AND THEN THE THE UVI LIGHT FROM $290 UP TO THE SALE MAN WANT ...THAT WY YOU FINISH PAY THOUSAND OF DOLLAR ... AND ANOTHER THING THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THIS COMPANY THE MAJORITY NO HAVE THE LICENSE TO TOUCH YOUR A/C ... READ THIS ORLANDO AREA...

• L
      May 05, 2011

BEWARE! Major Bait and switch. DON"T PAY SALES TAX! Quoted me $3200 for a new system. I agreed and after they started they told me they needed an additional $479 for a new circuit breaker and sanitation. I told them it was their problem and after 30 minutes of arguing they agreed to replace the breaker at no charge. A new breaker costs about $15-50 no matter what they tell you it costs. Then when they gave me the bill after they finished they added another 7% for sales tax which is illegal. In Florida when a contractor gives you a lump sum price for a job it is not taxable under the Real Property Improvement section of the Department of Revenue. The job is exempt from sales tax. They pay the sales tax when they buy the unit from the distributor and that cost is included when they give you the quote. Labor is not taxable by law. I explained to them that I was not going to pay sales tax due to Florida Law and the quickly removed it from the invoice. BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT PAY SALES TAX TO THIS COMPANY, IT BECOMES PROFIT TO THE SALES PEOPLE!

• C
      May 12, 2011

These guys are not cleaning anything they try to argue with intelligence only to make themselves sound even more idiotic. Twice they have come out to try and scam me and I didn't fall for it both times. The try to explain my duct cleaning in terms of a car wash saying that you don't get a full detail for the cost of a wash. What idiots. You offer a duct cleaning service for 55 dollars the ducts whatever method you use better be clean. They try and say they going to pressure clean my ducts with a hepa vac attached to my main vent. Mind you they aren't going to do anything else just suck from one side with a portable tile and grout carpet cleaning shop vac which mind you has no real suction power at all only enough to collect loose material and how are they going to loosen the dust on the duct walls?? That's the real question then says to actually clean the vent will cost me 29 per vent big change from the 55 for 7. So if you pay the 55 you are out your money and if you pay the 29 per vent basically he would destroy your duct work because the only tool they have for cleaning the ducts is the brush which tears flex. No air compressor on the truck compressor house nada. To clean duct properly please make sure that you see an air compressor and compressor house with a fitting on the end of it that looks like photo below.

• C
      May 12, 2011

P.S. if you pay the 55 for 7 vents you just gave them free money because your vents will be just as dirty as when he arrived and a reputable company will have a camera and system that goes into the vent that will show you the results of the job before and after this place is a TOTAL SCAM!

May 27, 2011

They are a bait and switch company. They came out May 26, performed work on my system when I told them I wanted my air ducts cleaned. All they did was stick a big vacum cleaner on one of my vents and spray something for mold they said I had. A $313.00 job for nothing, do not use this Company. Check out the B B B for air duct cleaning companies first. I wish I had

Jun 02, 2011

Scammers, dishonest, disreputable, gougers, thieves, preying on unsuspecting customers. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY. Use any other company but them. Please listen to this advice and to all other negatives reviews.

•   Jun 08, 2011

Steven Bond: "Ordered a $35 Coupon". The company coupons come in the mail. "technician refused to preform job". The company does not refuse to clean air ducts. "i have contract with service America". Poster promotes competing company.

Conclusion: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company and repeated this exact same complaint on multiple complaint boards. Poster promotes the company that is determined to be the one posting false claims here.

david young44: Why would you pay $2000 for a $70 UV light?

Conclusion: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

wendy lopez: Poster is confusing another company with Florida Air Duct Cleaners

Justice2010: This poster does not say they ever used Florida Air Duct Cleaners services and uses the exact same phrases used on other posts

John98: "they have been to my house twice". Why would you have them back to your house twice, if you didn't like the services they were to provide? "i paid them 1K". Why would you pay someone for work that hasn't been done yet?

yenoh: "Henry said that they did not know what they were talking about". The company still doesn't know what you are talking about.

Conclusion: This poster is anonymous

Julianna**: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

DBarney: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

E&L: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

Sunshine Sally: Poster uses Slander and admits some type of "Payback".

Floridascammers: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

amiram 007: This post uses the ID name of an employee of the company to supposedly complain about himself. This post also uses Racist remarks about someone's ability to speak English.

no loss thanks to you guys: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

scrapster87: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

dkachef: This poster is anonymous, posted only this one complaint about this one company.

Frand: Lives in New York. Spam, Slander.

Conclusion: This poster is not a customer of the company, posted 4 complaints about this one company.

Reputation Defense for FloridaAirDuctCleaners.com, Florida Air Duct Cleaners, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Inc, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Complaints, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Cost, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Review, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Miami, Florida Air Duct Cleaners Florida FL

Reputation Defender uses the search engines and scientific investigation to determining the validity of complaints on this website for Florida Air Duct Cleaners . We also anonymously call the company to determine if the allegations are true, and if not, we help determine who may be damaging their reputation. Our findings show that the comments here include anonymous names, different names with exact complaint text, unverifiable stories, similar writing styles, similar text, slander, racism, name calling, foul language and evidence that the same person or competitors are posting these comments. In some cases they have copied and pasted the same exact stories, years apart, and also posted the same complaints on multiple websites, also years apart.

Since Florida Air Duct Cleaners Inc owns FloridaAirDuctCleaners.com and they encompass the entire State of Florida and also have top search engine placement in Google; They have thousands of potential competing companies in Florida who could be sabotoging their reputation. Reputation Defender also calls upon current customers of Florida Air Duct Cleaners Inc to post their experiences here.

For those in Florida who don't believe that Duct Cleaning and Mold Remediation are a serious threat to your health; please read these documents by the EPA and the University of Florida:

EPA Mold Remediation: Investigating, Evaluating, and Remediating Moisture and Mold Problems!

University of Florida: "Is Your House a Sick House? The Mold/Air Conditioner Duct Connection!

Jun 09, 2011

I printed a cupon online from thier website, called them to do some work on my house and they found "extra" things to do. I feel I was baited and switched. I'm going to the Federal Trade Commision and addvising everyone else to do the same. and I only posted one time because I had them come out one time. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Jun 29, 2011

To Reputation Defender: Frand lives in NY but has relatives who live in Florida who are elderly and have been scammed by these evildoers. They have done it over and over again as you can read. If you are a real organization, then do your job. Help those who need it, not those who may be paying you to lie.

Oct 05, 2011

total scam so mad I called these crooks

Oct 05, 2011

Watch out from these shysters!!! They do air conditioning work and air cleaning service. They quoted me 3 different prices and after they installed the part to my AC it quit working that night. I called to have them come out and no one showed up. They all act like they are too busy and have moved on from my job! Another scam outfit in south florida!!! I am going to take my time today to tell everyone about this horrible company.

Oct 08, 2011

I would like to respond to the above comments from the "so called" Reputation Defenders. I used the Val Pak coupon and had Florida Air Duct Cleaners AKA H/A Air Condidtiong, Inc. come to my home to clean the AC vents. I called to make the appointment which included an AC checkup, AC vents cleaned and dryer vent cleaning. I was told the service would take 3 hours to complete. I left my job an hour early to be here ON TIME to be home for the scheduled appointment. They never bothered to show up on time, they came an hour late! Two men who barely spoke english came into my home and went right to the AC panel in my garage. They looked at it and then tried to tell me my whole house was being filled with mold and bacteria and that I needed to spend hundreds of dollars to clean and disinfect the unit. I explained that I had only wanted to have the vents cleaned as it states on the Val Pak coupon and what I specifically ordered when I called to make the appointment. They proceeded to get extremely hostile and refused to clean the vents because I would not allow them to disinfect the unit. When I inquired as to what this process invlolved they stated they rinse everything in solution! I would also need to have a part replaced and purchase a UV light! They did not clean the AC vents or the dryer vent as advertised. I became so frightened of these men that I told them I would speak to my landlord about having them come back to do the work and then wrote them a check for the visit just so I could get them out of my house. This was not a 3 hour appointment as I was told, they refused to do the work unless I agreed to sign a contract allowing them to bilk me out of hundreds of dollars of my hard, honest earned money. I then called their office and spoke to a very rude girl, I explained all that had happened and she said she would have the boss call me back. To this date noone has ever bothered to contact me regarding this matter. I also had my AC unit checked after they left and there is not one single thing wrong with it!! What right do you have going through every comment on this board insinuating that we are liars working for another AC Company. I know I choose to remain anonymous as I fear for my safety with this Company. You are not a righteous business owner, you feed off of the needs of others to have their AC units serviced and in my opinion, you provide poor, inadequate and false services to hard working and trusting people. You should be ashamed of yourself and I would also like it noted that I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau after my horrific experience with this Company. I stand by my comments and would warn anyone not to hire H/A Air Conditioning for any services what so ever!!! If you do not like what everyone has to say about your Company and the services, then change it. Become a business owner that offers a superior product and customer service. Stop whining about what we have to say, because it is the truth and you know it. We do not have to lie down and take your thievery, there are laws that protect us from con artists. Ever hear of the old saying that Karma is a ###?

Oct 08, 2011

I wanted to add a post to my comments regarding Reputation Defender stating I am slanderous and threatening payback! My original comments are based on my experience with this Company. I feel I was conned and I felt threatened for my safety, that in my opinion is EVIL. I will also give you the definition of KARMA since you seem to be word challenged and do not understand the definition of what it means: KARMA: The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence regarded as determining the person's destiny. Let me break it down in small words so that you can understand exactly what KARMA is, WHAT YOU GIVE OUT IN LIFE YOU GET BACK. I do not have the power to as you call it to give payback, with KARMA. Only the higher above can make you atone for that, sorry but your rantings just don't fly. Go back to your pitiful little existence and just know that people are fed up with being taken advantage of. We can and will be vocal about it and will not be taken by dishonest business owners any longer.

• L
      Mar 26, 2012

This company is absolutely despicable in every sense of the word. They are shady, unprofessional crooks who not only are incompetent in what they do but will rip you off big time, BE AWARE!!!