FloorMall.com / Bad service and bad company to work with

1 3169 Shipps Corner Road Suite #101Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 313-1107

While shopping for hardwood floor, I found Floormall.com and I initiated a call. Sales person promptly returned my calls. During our conversation, sales person guaranteed that hardwood floor that I wanted to buy was in stock. I asked repeatedly same question, if hardwood was available, and I was always given assurances that was the case and that I would need to rush my payment in order to make reservation. I indicated to sales person that I am traveling oversees in ~10 days and repeatedly asked if delivery could be made in that timeframe. Again, confirmation and assurances from floormall.com sales person came in (3 times). So I decided to make a purchase and pay for the floor I wanted. Do I need to mention that payment was processed within 1h after I faxed my signature on purchase order.

A day after payment was settled, I called floormall.com to confirm everything is ok, and only then truth comes in where sales person says the floor is backordered since it's a special order??? To make things worse, after making a payment, I scheduled a hardwood installation at my home since I got so firm assurances that everything will be in my house when needed. Not to mention that I needed to make down payment in order to secure contractor to work in my house while away.

My whole situation was communicated to florrmall.com and I get a promise that somebody would get back to me to give me some options. Of course, same as for customer above, no response at all from floormall. com. In fact, every time I called, I was given assurances that somebody from management would call me back - but NO ONE responded; not even one call from anybody - even after 8days. And everytime I called and asked for supervisor to talk to, manager was always busy and on the phone with other customer; and not returning my call even after insisting one needs to be returned.

Today, I called to cancel my order, and I am told that can not happen (return policy expired???). No wonder no one returns calls. So, I am left with no hardwood floor at the moment (special order), no firm date for delivery, downpayment taken by contractor that was used to reserve work and without possibility to cancel my order.

My suggestion is, AVOID this company and it should be your last option to purchase hardwood floor from.
Not to mention that I left a voice message to CEO (Mr. Owner) that commented above as well; Of course, outcome is expected - NO CALLS RETURNED.

Ig

Comments

• Ig
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have since spoken to Joe Magiano (Manager) and he was very helpful in addressing my issue. He offered me a refund as a compensation for my situation. I no longer have any complaints about this company.

Igor

• Fl
      16th of Jul, 2008

Dear Igor,
    We apologize for the miscommunication regarding your order. We have issued a credit to your account already.
    Again, we here at floormall.com are sorry for the mistake and appreciate your understanding
    in this matter.

Marc Henderson
    President/CEO
    Floormall.com

• Dp
      11th of Feb, 2011

this company is horrible!!! They lie Lie Lie. My floors had to be ripped out twice already because of them. Either purchase with an AMEX so you can do a chargeback or buy form many other places that sell much better floors.

Erik