FloorMall.com / Bad product!

1 3169 Shipps Corner Road Suites 101-103Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-WEB-FLOORS

I purchased an engineered 5 inch teak floor from Floormall. My salesman was James Nance, He pushed his own "in house" brand saying that it was better than other named brand flooring because it had a thicker wear layer. The boxes came in torn and the wood looked warped. After emailing pictures he assured me that it would install fine. What a disaster! Within 2 weeks It developed cracks throughout the whole floor and I need to replace it. What a waste of $5,000.00. When I called to complain the importer/manufacturer sent an inspection company to come down, needless to say they blamed it on my house having a relative humidity level of 23%. (they lied on another posting saying my wood was not acclimated, however the report clearly says that it was properly acclimated). I also purchased a named brand floor at the same time and its perfect, not one crack!. After speaking with two other inspection companies, it seams that Relative humidity does play a part however not to the extent of what happened. They cautioned against purchasing cheap products manufactured in China even though it is milled in South America as they are are very prone to falling apart in all but the most perfect environments. If you do purchase a floor from these people make sure you purchase a named brand as they do not warranty the products they sell, you will need to deal with the manufacturer. I could not even get a returned phone call from Mr. Henderson (The Owner) after leaving several phone messages and emails. If you do take a chance on their brand (I highly do not recommend it) make sure the humidity in your house is between 35 and 50 percent at all times, Which is not so easy if you live in the North East as I do.

St

Comments

• Fl
      12th of Feb, 2008

Dear Reader,

As per our terms and policies Floormall.com does not warranty flooring products. All of our manufacturers warranty their own products. This customer purchased 5" BRAZILIAN Teak flooring that is produced in South American hence "BRAZILIAN Teak" - not China. After contacting the manufacturer of this particular product about the customer complaint the manufacturer sent out an unbiased flooring inspector which was recommended by NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Association). After inspection, the inspector came to the conclusion that the product was not properly acclimated. Below are the links to the report directly from the Inspection Company. We do our best to satisfy every customer. As you can see with our BBB report we do have some complaints over the last 5 years but have taken care of any issue that has surfaced and will do so in the future.
    Marc Henderson