FLM-Federal Loan Modification Law Center / Refunds not forthcoming/Scam

1 7555 Irvine Center DriveIrvine, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-39-HOUSE

Wanted to charge $3500 for loan modification. Taking 4 weeks so far to issue a refund, they keep calling to ask me if I'm sure I still want a refund. Feeling like a big scam !!! They advertise on ESP, CNN etc. WATCH OUT!!!

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009

Friendly Financial services has helped numerous clients facing the prospect of foreclosure. Please call 866-386-2444 for a free consultation to see if we can help you. Please visit our website as well http://www.friendlyfinancialservices.com

and our BBB rating

• Ca
      16th of Mar, 2009

I am beginning to think it is a scam. I paid them about $2, 500, they told me that the Lender required that I deal with them (the Lender) directly. I just received an agreement from the Lender with an offer about $300 less than my original mortgage, my principal balance was increased by about $8, 000. I called FLM, but an answering service answered, and gave me a number to call; however, the calls go straight to voicemail.

• Av
      25th of Mar, 2009

FLM OR FEDERAL LOAN MODIFICATION IS A RIP-OFF.STARTED THE PROCESS IN NOV AND UP UNTIL TWO WEEKS AGO WE WERE STRUNG ALONG BY THEM, ALL THEY WOULD SAY IS BE PATIENT AND DONT WORRY.BUT LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THEY TOOK THERE LAST PAYMENT OF $995 FROM US THEY INFORMED US THAT OUR LENDER DECLINED OUR MODIFICATION.AND FLM SAID THEY WOULD REFUND US ALL OUR MONEY, BUT WE STILL HAVENT SEEN ANY REFUND.WE CONTACTED OUR LENDER AND THEY NEVER HEARD OR RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM FLM ON BEHALF OF US.IN THE MEAN TIME WE CONTACTED OUR LENDER AND THEY HAVE AGREED TO MODIFY OUR MORTGAGE.KNOW WE HAVE TO GET FLM OUT OF BUSINESS !!!

• Ra
      30th of Mar, 2009

its a shame that these people are allowed to take advantage of people who are already experiencing financial hardship. and they call themselves a law firm! the money we are coming up with to give them could have gone towards our mortgage payment. is there any legal recourse for the victims of FedMod scam? this is so vulgar and outrageous!

• Pk
      4th of Apr, 2009

Thanks to your comments, a Saturday to research FLM, and the BBB report showing this company rated an F, you saved me from making what would have been a HUGE mistake. We're all in difficult times, but you took the time to voice your opinions, and it you helped a complete stranger. Mr. Jim Sladek of FLM isn't going to be too thrilled Monday morning when he opens the email I sent him today, but I think he'll get he message! Thank you all again. Bless you.

• St
      6th of Apr, 2009

At the Alkana Law Group, we have an excellent record in loan modifications, with no bad press at all. We have been doing modifications for over two years, with both principle and rate reductions, and can provide the paperwork to prove it. Give me a call and we will work with you to get your loan modified.

Steve Robinson
    877-435-7145

7th of Apr, 2009

The Feredal Government provides FREE Loan Modification Assistance to troubled homeowners. In regard to Federal Loan Modification Law Center: http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0923070/index.shtm . This is all that needs to be said.

• Th
      7th of Apr, 2009

We are a nonprofit dedicated to helping families stay in their homes.The Housing Resource Center understands the importance of education, assistance and providing individuals with the options and solutions available to maintain a sustainable future. Many families are unaware that there are a tremendous amount of resources available to help them to make smarter and more educated decisions. At the Housing Resource Center we provide you and your family all the NECESSARY RESOURCES to help save you money. Our housing counselors are here to advise you in the numerous area of homeownership and to help you and your family to achieve a successful financial future you want. www.theHRC.org 619-677-2415 or 619-804-8711

• St
      8th of Apr, 2009

Is there any way I can remove a posting?

25th of Apr, 2009

NOBAODY MADE ANY OF YOU CALL FLM...IS IT REALLY THIER FAULT YOU HAVENT MADE YOUR HOUSE PAYMENTS?? AND IF YOU DO YUR HOME WORK YOU WOULD SEE THAT YOUR LENDERS ARE TAKING UP TO 60 DAYS TO ASSIGN THE FILE TO THIER INTERNAL NEGOCIATORS. YET THEY STILL HAVE AS MUCH TIME AS THEY WANT TO GET TO YOUR MODIFICATON REQUESTS...AND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN THE LENDERS DONT PROMISE YOU A MODIFICATION AND IF YOUR SO FAR BEHIND IN YOUR PAYMENTS THEY OFFER A REPAYMENT PLAN BEFORE A MODIFICATION. LOOKS LIKE ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR YOUR PERSONAL HARDSHIP..SOME OF YOU ARE LUCKY YOU’RE STILL IN YOUR HOMES AFTER NOT MAKING PAYMENTS FOR 9 MONTHS AND THEN TRY TO HAVE SOMEONE FIX YOUR PROBLEMS. MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT HAVE WAITED UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO DO SOMETHING!!! HALF OF YOU THINK BECAUSE YOU HIRED A LAW FIRM THAT’S YOUR MAGIC BULLET. YOU HIRED A LAW FIRM...THERES A RETAINER...DUH! DO YOU WORK FOR FREE?? LAST I CHECKED LAWYERS ARENT CHEAP. TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN PROBLEMS!

25th of Apr, 2009

How dumb are some of you people...what makes you think this process can be done in a couple of weeks??? Do you people realize that there are thousands of people trying to do the same thing your doing?? Why the heck would you spend your last dollar on something you couldnt afford to ride out??? If it was so easy to do yourself dont you think everyone would be doing it???From what I have seen most of the people have tried to do it and got turned down then try and have a law firm do it and didnt disclose the fact you already sent in your financial situation to the lender and by the time the lawyers get to speak to someone they findout you where either previously turned down and screwed yourself that way, or you where previously on a plan and defaulted on it and you forgot to tell the law firm. By then the lenders dont want to deal with you. In stead of complaining about what someone cant do for you how about telling everyone how bad you screwed yourself and now your mad because they couldnt undo what you messed up in the first palce.

• Pf
      25th of Apr, 2009

NOBODY MADE YOU WEAR THAT SHORT SKIRT AND HALTER TOP. IS IT REALLY THEIR FAULT YOU GOT RAPED???

• Br
      25th of Apr, 2009

The girl Kitty is insane.
    She doesn't know what shes talking about.

25th of Apr, 2009

What makes you think I dont know what I'm talking about??? Unless you live under a rock or if you havent heard...the federal court case held against FLM was on Friday...and guess what now??? FLM won!!! No federal charges...So go cry your big tears in your beer and see if mommy will give you a big hug now!

• Pu
      25th of Apr, 2009

You need to read thru some of this -The Fed took FLM to court and could not hold up one charge-Now the Feds are going after the others law firms so hold your breath -Yes FLM is overwhelmed and so are the lenders - These HUD advisers can only help people with a hud loan the other govt. help HOPE has saved 1 forclosure yes just ONE how much of you money TAXES did that cost- there is no free service someone is paying these non-profit - The State of Californis is going after the scam artist with fines and jail time - The BBB would rate FLM an F rating without looking into the complaints -yes people do complaint that was delt with in Frederal Court friday all charges were dismissed by the federal judge and you can believe the federal and state attorneys did not try.

26th of Apr, 2009

Incase you complainers havent read or watch the news...FLM was targeted because they are the LARGEST...modification law group in the nation...first they go after the big dogs...and because they couldnt get them, NOW the small dogs...and by the way here's a tip for you..dont use a mortgage broker to do your modification...half dont know what they are doing in the first place. And YES they will charge you an upfrot fee!!! The only people who arent charging you would be your lenders, as for the non-profit groups...who do you thing pays them??? YOU DO!!! Regardless if you ever mod your loan or not. Chew on that for a while.

• Wi
      27th of Apr, 2009

In the month of January 09 against my better wishes, my wife contacted The Federal Loan Modification Fake Scam Business to see about getting help for our Mortgage problems. I had recently lost my job as a Counselor due to the facility where I was working at closed down. On 19 Jan 09 my wife paid a sum of $500.00 (a 1/2 payment) that was drawn directly from her bank account. On 3 Feb 09 a second withdrawal from wife account of $500.00 (other 1/2 of payment = $1000.00) was taken before they would start allegedly doing any work. All the while we were waiting for our Mortgage Company to be contacted in order to work out our Mortgage Problems. Only 1 phone was stated to have been made by Federal Loan Modification. We were never contacted even though Federal Loan Modification had both of our phone numbers. After a long period of not hearing from anyone from Federal Loan Modification, my wife contacted and talked with a female that told her nothing could be done to help us and that we could speak with a Jewell McDonald. When my wife finally spoke with a Jewell McDonald our house was sold on the court steps the next day. Jewell McDonald told my wife that we would receive a full refund. We were told that a Brian Sackett would handle all our needs to make sure we got our $1000.00 dollars back. This is the email I received from Brian Sackett: Dear Mr Hemmans:

Please sign and return as quickly as possible. I'm sorry for the delay in your refund, but trust that we are doing everything we can to expedite yours and all refunds. We ask and hope for your patience in this matter and you may reach me at the number below to request a status.

Thanks,
    Brian K Sackett
    (877) 333-6631 (ext 5972)
    (949) 333-5771 (fax)

That same day I paid around $14.00 to have all our information fax that they stated that they needed but should have had already. I was told by Brian Sackett that they would send our payment in one of 2 ways, either overnight (Federal Express) and that they would call the day before to be delivered or they would mail a check to us and call us to inform us that the check had been mailed. I asked Brian Sackett since $1000.00 had been taken from my wife bank account in 2 payments, why could they not redeposit our money? Brian Sackett stated if they were to send our money back in that way, it would take 4-5 business days for the transfer to be made to her account. I contacted Brian Sackett several days later to fairly give them time to process our information. I called Brian Sackett that Thursday and he stated he did not know what I was talking about and could not recall. I told Brian Sackett we were on speaker phone the whole time I was trying to fax our information from Mail Box Etc., we had a fax receipt and how could he not remember that we had multiple problems through Federal Loan Modification for our fax to finally make it through their efax system. Brian Sackett stated he got the fax through a fellow female employee. After a extended period of time, Brian Sackett stated he had found our information. This is another email I received from Brian Sackett (Good Morning Mr. Hemmans:

As of Friday 3-13-09, I am no longer in that department. Please stay in contact with Michelle Morrow at (949) 333-5770 as it relates to the status of your refund. I wish you and your family well in your future endeavors and hope that I was at least somewhat infuential in resolving your matter with us. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Thanks again,

Brian

Brian Sackett had stated it would take 30 days then 45 days then 30 days to receive our refund and not to call because they had to complete their process. Also Brian Sackett pleaded with me not to report Federal Loan Modification because they had already received 25 complaints against them and could not afford anymore. Brian Sackett stated that we would receive our money back ($1000.00) and that we need not worry about filing a complaint. My wife and I waited until 10 Apr 09 to receive our refund. Why? Michelle Morrow who Brian Sackett said was in charge of our refund promised us that we would receive our check refund of $1000.00 by then. On 10 Apr 09, no check came. I tried to call Michelle Morrow for a month, no contact, numerous messages were left by me, I called Customer Service, no answer or return phone calls. But ironically when I called intake for business, they readily answered the phones. I would call intake for business to try and make contact with anybody. I left several messages for a Bill Antz (the owner), no return phone calls. I called intake for business again and asked them, "How are you taking incoming business and I have seen online that numerous people have filed complaints against you?" That Friday night a mysterious person claiming to be a concerned staff who gave his name as Allen Whit called stated we would get our money back. When I finally contacted Michelle Morrow, she stated "NO ONE WILL BE GETTING ANY REFUNDS AND OUR LAWYERS WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU". Then Michelle Morrow hung up the phone on me, I expressed this blatant disregard, lie and scam to this person named Allen Whit. Allen Whit told me and my wife that he would be in contact with us by next week. I did not hear back from a Allen Whit and when I called, they stated there was no Allen Whit working for the Department? I called back several days later to ask to speak to anyone named Allen. I spoke with someone named Allen that stated he had never spoken to me before but that he would turn me over to a guy named George who out of all the people he knew, would get our negative situation straight. I never heard back from anyone, nor a person named George.
    It is now 27 Apr 09, we have not received our refund, can not make contact with anyone, receive a phone call back, etc.
    We have been scammed, our money taken and not shown any respect that even animals deserve.
    I am a Army Veteran, is there anyone in Government that can help us, or media or a lawyer or something or someone?
    I am praying that God will help us.
    Sincerely
    William

p.s. I could say much more the heartache these nasty people have put us through, but I could write a Book on that and am summing up the best way I can, in the allotted space I have...

• Ca
      1st of May, 2009

contact your atty generals office, we are having the same problem with Daniel Fox the loan modification group, another looser... scam artist.. i hope he looses his licence and ends up in jail...###

• Wi
      1st of May, 2009

Thank you Carla, we are still waiting for someone to help/hear us...
    I pray the best for you and that God in Jesus name takes all down involved with the Federal Loan Modification Scams. Demons and Devils...

2nd of May, 2009

What you people fail to realize is that you retained attorneys...I cant remember the last attorney that gave a refund because it didn’t work out in the favor of the client...they did a job regardless if you liked how long it was taking, you also fail to understand the law firm can not make anyone move any faster because you haven’t made a payment to your lender. If it comes down to a sale date your lenders will not extend the sale date until the date is closer and that is if you file is still in review...some lenders are taking it upon tem selves to suspend the sale date if you’re still in review. What you people aren’t getting is your lender, regardless of a law firm or anyone on your behalf can make your lender do anything. The only thing your lender has to do is review it...they have investors who make up the guide lines and have to abide by those guide lines...so as I have said before, take some responsibility and stop blaming other people for all of your hardships...AND STOP SPENDING YOUR LAST DOLLAR WHICH COULD HAVE GONE TO YOUR FAMILY...it's just four walls, what matters is what’s within those walls, you can always buy another home later. So you have to rent, so what! And at this point since FLM was dismissed of ALL federal charges, they do not have to give a penny back to anyone. YOU RETAINED A LAW FIRM!!! Not thier fault if you didnt know what you where doing.